Was he actually the second coming of Christ?

Was he actually the second coming of Christ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1uQlB99WCuk
youtu.be/6p0sr2BejUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he was a giant tool

please explain

you some kind of feminist?
youtube.com/watch?v=1uQlB99WCuk

Yes and no one was paying attention.

youtu.be/6p0sr2BejUk

>pre-post-modern ironic satire

If he was the second coming of Christ, he only came back ironically

No, Andy Kaufman was garbage. People probably don't care enough to know this but he was one of the most utterly vile pieces of shit to ever live. Everything he did including all the fights and conflicts were actually genuine but covered up by passing them off as pretend "performances" that he'd claim were art. This is basically fact.

>confirmed for not getting it
Kaufman did what he did solely for his own amusement, he thought he was funny, and that made it funny. He wasn't being ironic like hipsters today.

he was just autistic

>everything he did was actually genuine
that's what made it great, he bent reality to make it funny.

I was making fun of the hipsters who posthumously fellate him, you hipster

only hipsters call other people hipsters, fucking hipster

I was only being genuinely ironic to elicit that response form you and now that I have done so, I am amused, you fucking hipster

this is what I'm talking about, he was able to get laughs without saying a word and barely moving a muscle. The dude just radiated funny.

Andy Kaufman was a god of keeping character and maintaining meta humor for so long you are not sure if he's serious or not.

>hipsters

le sigh

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

wew lad

Yeah, but Tony Cliffton was great

>always laughed at Kaufman's humor
>everyone tells me Tim and Eric stuff and Eric Andre is like that
>watch them
>no reaction whatever, don't find any of it funny

I don't get it.

They're the hipsters I was talking about in later posts.

Nobody is "Kaufman-esque" nowadays. Not even Eric Andre, although he's in his own league like Kaufman.

>no one self-identifies as a hipster

But, copypasta, that's totally incorrect. Especially due to the marketing tactic, there are definitely people who call themselves hipsters.

That was the only good thing about him. Every other time he did a routine he was genuinely derailing performances and acting like a dick. People only pretend it's some kind of performance art now because they felt so bad for him that they decided to make him out to be some intricately planning genius with a bunch of "fake" stunts and routines.