Now that the dust has settled, who do we think is the better artist of these two?

Now that the dust has settled, who do we think is the better artist of these two?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O4H5h-oHvuo
youtube.com/watch?v=AlLmPOoysts
youtube.com/watch?v=xLPcE-5YWKI
youtube.com/watch?v=whVtrLrTWwE
youtube.com/watch?v=kA_-Y_hH0-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

reznor

not even close

this

How is this even a question?? Reznor is a musical genius and Manson gets by by shocking people, he's known more for his image than his music. However I will say Manson's first two albums are decent( most likely because Trent produced them.

Whoever got BTFO worse by Courtney, so...Trent I guess

>ywn hang out with Trrent in the Tate House
>ywn hang out with Trent in the NO studio

>implying manson is shit

>ywn get to watch trent smash keyboards on stage

Do you think they ever made out?

I hear Trent's trying to build bridges between them now. (contrary to his new song title, ha)

>made out
TR admits the only guy he's ever actually made out with was his guitarist, and even then they only did that to get people to leave the room.

So, no.

Do you think Trent still has the infamous door that had PIG written on it with blood?

>tfw you'll never make out with skinny Trent

is the lovechild of the Tate house + Pink Floyd?

you can tell by his fascination with pigs

>Trent: Academy Award winning artist, healthy family man, still releasing well received music and playing to huge crowds
>Manson: JUST
>Courtney: JUST
>Al Jourgensen: JUST
>Steve Albini: JUST
>Richard Patrick: JUST
>Grammy's: JUST
>P4k: JUST
>John Malm Jr: JUST

Trent always wins.

i feel

he had the nicest legs ;__;

>ywn be plowed by a coke, alcohol and grief fueled Reznor trying to juggle suicidal thoughts and The Fragile at the same time.

>Al Jourgensen

>Billy: JUST
>Kurt: DEAD
can't forget about them too, just cuz

>If I was TWICE the man I could be, I'd only be half of what you need.

>tfw ywn have trent reznor dive on you in a mosh pit and crush you

Manson is shit, but he has the potential not to be shit if he just grew up and stopped aiming for the angry 13-16 year old market.

I don't think they ever attacked Trent?
I only know Billy refused to put "A Warm Place" on that soundtrack he did for that shit movie.

good i hope it really is 3 inches easier to ram down my fag throat before daddy trent breeds my BOY HOLE

Is everyone here gay for Trent? Did I miss something?

You're not?

>implying 13-16 yr olds still listen to his music

also wtf, trent is adorable here

Between 1998-2000 Trent was being attacked on all sides by Manson, Courtney Love, Corgan, Fred Durst and others while Reznor's back was turned and was busy making The Fragile. He'd only offer a occasional rebuttal, but it would always be enough to damage their fragile egos.

There's a website out there that chronicled the feuds. Forget what it's called though.

You're not?

also manson absolutely slandered him in his autobiography

Happiness in Matrimony

>ywn get to run your fingers thru that hair

I hear she's into fisting

>big time hard line bad luck fist fuck

Yeah, at one point Manson was suggesting Reznor was jealous of Kurt Cobain's success. Meanwhile he forgot that this would have been in 1991-2 just prior to Broken and Sprial. It's only natural a young artist would be hungry and Reznor was dealing with a lot of bullshit on all sides. From his record label to fellow industrial musicians shit talking him for being a sell out.

>Fred Durst
That guy is still alive? Jeez.

Yeah, I remember that. It's weird because not once has Trent ever said much about Cobain, I think I read in an interview that he doesn't mind grunge music but never paid it that much attention. They were both very different artists.

Also, it's fact that Trent hates Cobain's wife.

reznor by a landslide, manson is all style no substance
he's hot

dude reznor's hatred of durst/limp bizkit was legendary

>implying manson has style

go back to hot topic senpai

>"It's one thing if you know your place, like, 'Hey, I'm an idiot who plays shitty music, but people buy it, fuck it, I'm having fun'. But it's another thing when you think you're David Bowie after you've stayed up all night to write a song called 'Break Stuff'," Reznor laughed, injecting contempt into every word. "I mean, Fred Durst probably spelt the word 'break' wrong the first couple of times. Fred Durst might be a cool guy, I don't know him. But his 'art' - in the word's loosest sense - sucks."

tfw Reznor's shit talk game has always been top notch

Everyone hates Cobain's wife though.

prioritizing style over substance and 'having style' are not the same

youtube.com/watch?v=O4H5h-oHvuo

savage

also:
"Sorry, the wifi on our yacht is having issues, we can't get your full question to load. Try sending me an email at [email protected]"

Not everyone was plowing Courtney Love months after her death and at the same time calling her "Too fucked up to tour with."

Cobain clearly didn't.

oh dear that mustache is shameful

Month's after her husband's death*

oops implications unpleasant.

>The Whitest Kids U' Know: JUST

he never actually slept with her friendo

Theyre both shit and korn was better 90's angst core

kek

>she eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
>i've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks
>i've been drawn into your magnet tar-pit trap
>i wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black

>admitting to liking korn

>>>>>>>>>>reddit.com

this is incorrect; from what I remember, Trent's dog was a golden labrador, and was named Maise. but yeah, she died after jumping off a balcony

puppy :(

We don't know that Trent was either.
She was banging Twiggy Ramirez during that tour.
She was too fucked up. She would literally pass out in the hall outside of Trent's room begging him to fuck her while all the guys would take pictures up her dress.
I remember reading a story of Manson and Dave Navarro playing with those pictures on photoshop in the late 90's, intending it to become the cover of Dave's solo album. It was really funny but I can't find it anymore.

>Cobain didn't
She literally drove him to suicide.

I wonder what Kurt saw in her.

"The first three shows he didn't talk to her. "In Cleveland she was completely intoxicated, a fucking mess." He says that at one after-show party she was passed out on a pool table with her dress hiked up and people were taking photographs as though it were all quite normal. "I thought that was shitty. I'd be upset if people I thought cared about me allowed me to be in that position." - Trent Reznor, from an interview

She was Nancy Spungen 2.0 and he was le punx rawk man

Courtney Love has always been a stupid skank

youtube.com/watch?v=AlLmPOoysts

wow what a mess

>We live in the timeline where Courtney Love ruined any chance of them getting together and by now, their offspring would be old enough to making music of their own.

Maybe Reznor could have saved her from decent into plastic surgery addiction while she could have saved him from addiction.

We live in the worst timeline.

she literally did nothing wrong there

CUTE!

youtube.com/watch?v=xLPcE-5YWKI

>These two were cute.

Maybe Courtney Love is the reason rawk is dead?

This dude

he is adorable

youtube.com/watch?v=whVtrLrTWwE

“Many years ago, a young and naive Nine Inch Nails were asked what TV shows they’d be interested in appearing on. As a joke (and likely drunk), they thought of the most absurd choice they could come up with at the time.

They were then informed their bluff had been called and were actually booked on said show (thanks again Sioux Z). They hopped in their Honda Civic touring vehicle (hatchback) and travelled many miles to (I think) NJ for the big show.

They had a laugh making fun of the people, their fashion choices and hairstyles. Life was good. Years later, the internet is discovered… There’s a moral in there somewhere.

Come to think of it, Skrillex may indeed owe me some publishing on that hairdo…”

>YWN dance on live TV to a song about suicidal anxiety unironically

>dude

>hopped in their Honda Civic (hatchback)
>to fulfil an awkward contract to a dance show
>and sing about suicide

this story was wild from start to finish

fpbs. I don't even see how this is a question.

>implying it would make better music than francis

So, did they fuck?

they ate chicken

those people must have been pretty fucked up for trent to show sympathy towards her

to be fair trent's actually a really nice guy, he'd show sympathy to anyone in need of it

THE BEAUTIFUL PIZZA THE BEAUTIFUL PIZZA

>>Steve Albini: JUST
What the fuck he did to you pussy ass bitch

>Wears a janitors uniform to engineer other bands all day every day while barely being able to afford to keep his studio running
JUST

God don't fuck around...

Manson releases good albums still, but that's on his collaborators too. You don't honestly think that he came up with all those riffs himself, and that his constantly changing sound probably has something to do with his old bandmates ditching him for being a useless druggo and replacing them? I can't stay mad, because we got The Pale Emperor out of him, but he's not a patch on Reznor. Reznor is the complete package, Manson is just the shocking wrapping you use to try to sell it on controversy.

Uh to be fair Twiggy Ramirez writes all MM's songs (except for the lyrics) so... yeah, MM doesn't do much

did they fucc

But of all guys, why him?

>"I went back and recently listen to Antichrist Superstar and it brought back a flood of memories. It's one of the proudest things musically that I've ever done. It felt like the right people and the right time doing the right thing. I had a lot of fucking fun doing a lot of stupid things, but that was then. I had a lot of fun at my birthday party when I was eight but I wouldn't want that same party now.

>As far as Manson goes, during the Spiral tour we propped them up to get our audience turned on to them and at that time a lot of the people in my circle were pretty far down the road as alcoholics. Not Manson. His drive for success and self-preservation was so high, he pretended to be fucked up a lot when he wasn't. He resented when he was up in the morning and wanted to work. Things got shitty between us and I'm not blameless. The majority of it though was coming from a resentful guy who finally got out from under the master's umbrella and was able to stab him in the back. He is a malicious guy and will step on anyone's face to succeed and cross any line of decency.

>Seeing him now, drugs and alcohol now rule his life and he's become a dopey clown. He used to be the smartest guy in the room. Getting high deprives you of your creativity and, as a fan of his talents, I hope he gets his shit together.

That ain't what he said dumbfuck, he pointed out that Manson has no style. You know, the same point you made, but you made it stupider.

Manson has no style because there's no substance, the emperor has no clothes, it's just shocking because that gets attention. Even that wouldn't suck, that's every gimmick stage band, but he can't sober up long enough for a show, and his hired gun musicians can't even play "The Beautiful People" right.

Because he's a dorky, piano playing, school band computer geek small town boy who got fed up and decided to make something of himself. It's incredibly attractive.

From the Marilyn Manson Wiki

>In an interview in January 2011, Reznor was asked if he would ever work with Manson again. He responded by saying he's open to anything and that his former protege “is a talented person” and that “we’ve had our problems, but I wear suits… I'm an adult now” with a priceless smirk on his face.

He did say on many occassions that he hated the fuck out of people who were giving her shit. There's the version of "Moist Vagina", "Marijuana", which specifically has him quoted on it getting pissed at Vanity Fair doing it, he did it at the Reading Show, etc.

It's posers, it's casual fan motherfuckers who know "Nevermind" and don't give a fuck about the man except what liking him does for their image, who're getting their dumb shit from South Park etc.

No shit she was fucked up after he died. He relapsed on heroin and finally shot himself, leaving her alone, now with a kid, and her own addictions to deal with. Somehow I'm not suprised she acted the way she did.

Yeah, pretty much. I think the TL;DR here is that Trent wanted Manson to do some actual work, Manson couldn't be bothered and instead messed around with other band members/groupies.

As if Trent's PROUD of ACSS though??

true

Tori pretty much ghost wrote The Downward Spiral for Trent. We never would've gotten The Choirgirl Hotel album which is concerning but then again, who knows.

>youtube.com/watch?v=whVtrLrTWwE
Exactly.

Manson's just the face. Like, if you want to compare "Manson" as a band, at what point does it become clear that we're looking at a bunch of people, most of whom aren't Marilyn Manson, writing the important parts to the songs.

>tfw some British asshole ruins Hurt

youtube.com/watch?v=kA_-Y_hH0-g

Agreed.

(but what does Dance Party USA have to do with this?)

what the everloving fuck is that

It's a slick fucking video. The song's absolutely great, best one of that album. Shame he only wrote the lyrics, which repeat themselves, mean nothing, and reference a myth incorrectly.

Does it mean anything? No. Go see him live, you'll get to see him roll on the stage like a baby, unable to get back up, before hunching on a foldback and ranting about being a teenager, trying pathetically to rally the crowd.

One of the most pathetic live acts that makes it that high up the bills still performing today.