Top Gear

>first episode of the new Top Gear gets huge amounts of criticism for the new host being too shouty
>literally the first thing he says in the new episode is he's going to be even more shouty

Why did the BBC think having this ginger cunt as the new main presenter was a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5oLRdUeFd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reminder

this fucking uncharismatic numale is the most popular radio guy in the 'united' 'kingdom'

you guys are fucking pathetic, for real

> first segment
> chris evans is a faggot who hates going fast in cars
> see webm

I chuckled when I saw that slowmo of his reaction. They should have made one for when Sabine made him vomit after turning too fast for him.

has he gone on the defense on twitter again yet?

He's been doing it since it aired.

> Main presenter of fucking Top Gear looks scared and sick being in a fast car.

Holy fuck just end it now.

Who is that driving the car? Looks like Bryan from the Fast and the Furious ;_;

why is he grimacing instead of grinning? that looks fun as hell

I honestly have no fucking idea. I have never met the unfortunate cunt who actually likes him as a presenter or even a person. He's a human septic tank with the personality of Jeffrey Dahmer's autistic younger brother.

What is the Sup Forums consensus on the new Top Gear and its new hosts?

This totally doesn't look fucking desperate.

All I can say in our defence is that we're an ageing country so we have a lot of Alzheimers patients who like listening to the radio.

I mean honestly who the fuck else even listens to the radio anymore?

Better than Game of Thrones but worse than Mad Men

It's an abortion which refuses to die.

i listen to it when im showering or when i want some random music instead of user-controlled youtube playlists

why do britbongs want to watch a show about people jerking each other to cars? Can you even legally own fast cars in that nanny state?

Matt is decent. You can tell he really loves cars. He's only not good at presenting then they make him go along with whatever awkward thing Chris Evans has come up with (both episode intros for example).

Chris Evans is shit in every way.

I haven't seen Extra Gear yet. Is it decent?

Why do faggots defend this?
Literally, nobody likes him.

>interviewing Damian Lewis by kissing his ass by shouting every role he's had
>insulting the other guests by saying Damian Lewis is worth more than the three of them combined

Is he literally autistic?

Chis Evans is a faggot. FACT

>then there's the elephant in the room...
Get a load of this Buddy Holly looking fagget? TV star how?

people only watched the first episode because we were curious FACT
it got 96% dislike FACT
34000 people signed a petition to have him removed from the show next season FACT

ginger tosser

>It's not Jay Zed it's Jay Z
>*laughs* I can't say no to that

He even gets on with the guests better than Chris does even though Chris is the one with decades of hosting experience. Why do they even have Chris?

>meanwhile Chris Evans tried to run down Seasick Steve who was directing him

FACT

Are you creepythinman?

These are THE FACTS folks

Have the numbers for the second episode come in yet? how do they compare to the first ep? did a lot of people stop watching?

I think they were desperate for somebody recognisable so they begged him to do it, then they were stuck with him by the time they got the more famous and less divisive Matt LeBlanc.

why'd they even bother when people only watched for the hosts

Jenson Button lad

Maybe they're hoping Jeremy Clarkson offended enough people that they'd enjoy watching the show now he's been fired from it.

for some reason i have a feeling there's going to be strife between the two hosts

Nothing against Matt at all, but it's obvious the only solution to the Chris problem is for him to be gang-raped to death by a pack of chav-muslims while filming a stunt out in the UK-Ghetto.

Who has he even offended other than SJWs who wouldn't watch that kind of show anyway? Argentines?

Chris Evans is generally pretty terrible but his interviews with the guest stars have been extra bad. He obviously has limited driving skills and doesn't like to go fast.

Matt LeBlanc has actually been pretty good, he seems to be a reasonable driver as well. A show that he heads with Sabine and that old Irish (I think?) guy from ep 2 could really work.

Unfortunately I think the BBC has put all their eggs in the Evans basket and won't pull the plug on him.

well, SJW are everywhere now

>A show that he heads with Sabine and that old Irish (I think?) guy from ep 2 could really work.
This please

I feel really stupid. When I heard that Chris Evans was going to be in Top Gear I didn't understand what the guy who plays Cap has to do with driving. In my defense Matt LeBlanc is hosting too so I guess it made sense to me.

Or that german girl that was born in the Nuremberg ring.

Isn't that Sabine?

The public doesn't seem to give much of a shit. Those that like him do so in part because he's like that.

However he was pretty clearly on the outs with the BBC management who had him on final notice over other things. I think if given a choice between keeping one of their best-performing and most marketable shows going as is or losing it they would have kept it but they had to act. They'd painted themselves into a corner with Clarkson, and equally Clarkson knew he was on a fine line.

Sucks for the viewers though.

>Nuremberg ring

Why'd they fire Clarkson? What he did was bad, and he should have been punished. But firing him seems too much.

He pays a fine. Makes a public apology. Maybe does some community service. Shouldn't that have been enough?

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't chosen the worst person possible to replace Clarkson.

He looks like a giant index finger.

He has no chin, I bet a sparrow could heem him.

Yes.

>He looks like a giant index finger.
can't unsee

Anyone else would had fired Clarkson years ago. He may have brought in the ratings but assaulting anyone, in a professional setting. is unacceptable.
I totally side with BBC on that.

That being said I have no real desire to watch these new presenters and I'm looking forward to Grand Tour.

Because he's done similar stuff almost a dozen times in the past.

Second episode was better aside from the interview part. He is such a shit interviewer, they should just drop that part of the show all together.

hmm.

I'm glad Matt LeBlanc is doing well. Whoever the "lead" is sounds like a complete faggot though.

The interview and star in a reasonably priced car was the worst part of old Top Gear too, though.

Or get LeBlanc to do it.

>Why'd they fire Clarkson? What he did was bad, and he should have been punished. But firing him seems too much.

Firing someone for assaulting a coworker without provocation is normal literally everywhere but Clarkson knob gobbler fantasy land.

>James May took a machete to Clarkson's throat over a misunderstanding

And guess what? They acted like adults and got the fuck over it.

kek, when was this?
I can imagine May sperging out over very little.

they should just have the entire cast of Friends do Top Gear.

Jennifer Aniston can give her insipid opinions about how important gas mileage is while Ross and Chandler bicker about who gets to fuck Phoebe first.

Bolivia special, May is deathly afraid of heights, they were driving on Yungas Road when Clarkson got distracted and rear-ended May's car slightly. He wasn't amused.

youtube.com/watch?v=F5oLRdUeFd0

The real question is, why didn't Clarkson sell a couple ferraris and take over production of the show before this happened?
>being this rich & beloved
>getting fired

LeBlancs "films" were pretty good. That Arial offroader was enjoyable. There were even moments during that awful reliant film that were tolerable.

Evans was terrible. I hated everything he was in. He came across like a LeBlanc fanboy. Hugs and cuddles. Rubbish.

LeBlanc is solid, but they need a new head presenter. And more Sabine.

they should just fire evans, and hire Matthew Perry, and David Schwimmer

This was a good episode though

James May is the Alpha of the group

>James May took a machete to Clarkson's throat over a misunderstanding
tbqhwy, that fucking sperg can drive anyone out of their minds

>ooeeeoo he looks just like Buddy Holly
>How is he a TV star?

They just didn't renew his contract, not exactly the same as firing, it was a way of punishing him and showing him they were serious while also keeping the door open... Which they tried to hire him back a couple months later.

It's even worse now. Why did they make the stars shill for each other and the audience vote for the stars' cars? It's awkward as fuck.

FUCK, this is actually a good idea

but matt is an AA type of guy now and who knows what the fuck david is up to

>without provocation
Being a lazy shit who doesn't do his job is a provocation. Not one worth the response, but a provocation nonetheless.

>get criticized for doing something that annoys most people
>do it even more
That's the sort of cringy, awkward thing I'd do as a fourteen year old to try to protect my low self-esteem. Isn't this guy in his fifties?

This show would be an absolute stinker if they didn't have matt. And they still aren't saving it despite being thrown a lifeline.

They were fucked to start with. They need a group of presenters that had chemistry with each other and that's difficult to find. They basically struck lightning with the Clarkson/Hammond/May trio, and that wasn't even how that relaunch started, remember Dawe? Should have scaled back for the relaunch season, see what worked with the audience and what didn't, and replace as necessary.

Getting rid of Chris and letting Matt take the reigns with any of the other Extra Gear people would make the show magnitudes better.

>Top Gear with only Le Blanc, the blonde woman, and the occasional guest
Would it work?

fact

Better than it is now

Based as fuck.

>not FACT

Le Blanc, Sabine, and Harris is all you need to keep the show good. Probably a public lynching of Evans would help boost ratings.

I wonder if this will actually drive Evans to suicide.

It can't be easy to find universal criticism at every turn and have your co-hosts immediately become more popular just because no one likes you.

yes pls

Is Chris popular in the UK? Why does he even exist at this level?

Why didn't Too Gear just hire another famous UK cunt instead of a fuckin nerd. Joey was a good call but you cant replace clarkson with this drip.

My feeling is that they should start treating Chris Evans sort of like they treated James May. Make him the butt of most jokes, left out while the 'cool' presenters all hang out, amplify the awkwardness, make fun of him. The guy who tries to fit in and be 'hip' but hates going fast and can't do daring.
He probably has too much of an ego to fill that role, but it would make the show much more watchable than trying to play Evans' bullshit straight.

how is matt leblanc in the new show? he seems like a cool guy

But May is charming, intelligent, and actually knows shit about cars. Remember May was in the Bugatti pushing it to it's limit, so he's not afraid of going fast, he's just not a fast driver and prefers comfort to racing.

Putting Evans at May level is insulting to May because May is a fucking likable guy. Man Labs, and Toy Stories are great shows.

Yeah, that's why I said "sort of". May was actually my favorite presenter of the three, but you can't deny how he was framed.

I second this

>mfw new Top Gear is shit

Good. Any time he's onscreen without Evans is usually the best

>nigger

Same dont really listen to the radio but the only time il hear it is if am in town or working.

Calm down you prick

>Chris Evans

Speaking of the old trio. Is that show with Clarkson/May and Hammond still gonna happen? Or was that just all smoke and nothing came of it. I kinda lost track of it all months ago so im not sure if the thing got a name or anything.