>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

old bread

Other urls found in this thread:

mylespaul.com/forums/
google.com/
vocaroo.com/i/s1GlW3r5crft
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought up a really good first post but then I forgot it.

that's a shame because I htought up a really immature way to disagree with your post

daily reminder stratocasters are the basic bitch of the guitar world

Wow I just thought of the wittiest comeback!

This isn't the Gibson buyers remorse forum.

You're looking for mylespaul.com/forums/

>Irresponsible Spending Edition

I'm in the right place

as far as electrics go the biggest sound change comes from electronics, then nut material, then pick/picking position, then maybe neck joint but probably not

rest means shit all

>/GG/u Guitaru andu Bassu Generalu
>guitar friends.jpg
I can live with this.

>already own an SG Custom and an Am deluxe strat
>started eyeing up a G&L I seen on reverb

It's almost like I enjoy being poor

Please marry me and have my children

and the saddles and to a lesser extent the bridge block

if those are made of shitty pressed zinc then it won't sound hald as good as brass saddles and a heavy stainless steel trem block

ok cutie
>7 fucking strats

yeah you are

there's no way they aren't a waste of money

>as far as electrics go the biggest sound change comes from electronics, then nut material, then pick/picking position, then maybe neck joint
>and the saddles and to a lesser extent the bridge block

Friendly reminder: the kiddies who post in /gg/ threads have nearly ***zero*** experience concerning guitar. Playing, repair, new player recommendations, etc. The average age in these threads is around early 20s: green as shit grass.

If you have an actual question this is probably one of the most uninformed & least knowledgeable places you could ever expect a proper answer to come from.

Be weary of any advice given here as it's amateur & perfunctory at best.

Have a nice day.

Anyone used the TC Sentry?

I started playing in 1974. Maybe I'm in the wrong place.

>I started playing in 1974
>and I still don't know shit
nah you'll fit right in

>a waste of money
You can never have enough

The ultimate dentist's guitar. Hang it on a wall and never play it.

See also: PRS, Gibson, most the FCS shit.

yeah, i left out bridge because outside of fringe cases the actual tone is very samey between metals. i never even noticed a huge difference when i moved to graphtech saddles personally
cute copypasta that only gets posted when whatever retarded notions you have are challenged
he's just a fucking mong who never posts anything worthwhile

Where is a good place for advice?

>Hang it on a wall and never play it

that guy is probably the most embarrassing poster here

anywhere but here

Such as?

>he's just a fucking mong who never posts anything worthwhile
Damn, this actually made me smile.

I needed that.

try to ignore pete user

google.com/

I'm just going to ignore you pete.

k

Why can't I be satisfied with just a single guitar? I'm not even good.

faggotism

Gear acquisition syndrome is a very real and serious illness. Please see your family doctor.

jfc how rurnt is your bunghole that a single guitar isn't enough to satisfy you

i love advancing guitarist so much. this book is like a magical tome that keeps secrets from you until you're worthy (aka until you know enough how to interpret what it's saying). i remember googling for what to do for mode vamps, when i'm rereading it now and it literally has exact mode vamps scored for you to copy if you want

Hey weebs, what do you think of Japanese guitar makers Selder and Juno? There's a nip surplus shop 15 minutes away and I can get them for under 100 bucks.

>weeaboo /gg/
>distinct lack of best guitarfu

baka

all well-known MIJ guitars are either going up in price or gone, so being able to buy one for less than 100 bucks new? sounds bad

Not new, surplus.
I also live in an area where music is dead so that's probably why no one cares.
Should I get them?

of course

Strats are just so easily available. I've got 3 myself (and 2 in the stages of being assembled) and I never even sought out to own most of them.

Teles are better anyways

What are some other good music theory sites and lessons (youtube videos/guitar based preferred, but I do like the piano type stuff since it makes me think) other than the ones in the OP. The one in the OP also doesn't really talk about things like dissonance which is what I am really looking into studying.

Do u know about the just intonation? And the simple whole-number ratios? That's the secret of consonance and dissonance.

Blues lawyer central and cork sniffers galore

So you're just a moron who can't read?

meh could be worse
could be full of poorfags desperately trying to legitimize their chink shitplanks because they can't afford anything else

Been playing bass for ~3 months. Practicing scales, simple 12 bar blues, easy songs, etc. Have some questions:

1. Will using hand cream fuck my calluses? I work in a metal shop everyday and have been using hand cream/really abrasive soap everyday to clean off my hands.

2. About how long should I/how much hand pain should I expect? I'm trying to use proper fret hand technique ( thumb on back of neck, directly across from second finger) and I seem to still be getting really bad hand pain.

3. Should I try to be learning theory/reading music while I'm still a beginner or just stick to tab and practicing basics and then go back and do theory?

4. How do I tell if the action rod in my bass is fucked? The string heights came way high from the factory and even after adjusting them at the saddle something doesn't feel right.

>thumb on back of neck, directly across from second finger

nobody actually does this

if you are doing 12 bar blues songs you are learning theory, practically. if you can play along to any song that's using the 1-4-5 chords and recognize by ear when each of those chord is occurring, you're doing pretty good.

as far as pain, it's a matter of feeling it out. too much and you could injure yourself, and doing it the "right way" is equally a matter of learning what works for you as of following some guide on hand position or whatever. there's a difference between pain and soreness, they say in exercise. pain means stop or you're doing something wrong, soreness is normal.

the hand creme shouldn't be a problem. and calluses will always come and go. if you stop for about a week they'll go away, then if you play for a week they'll build up again. but take care of your hands.

People who aren't shit do it

>Cream will just make your guitar gross but i'd do it.

>I never had hand pain...ever. You may want to get a bass with a different neck profile that is more suited to your hand. What kind of bass you have?

>If you want to be a dumb bitch dont worry about theory. However, its not necessary at all to know the notes. Just really useful for advanced playing.

>there are videos on youtube for checking

He's already getting pain in his hand...

>What kind of bass you have?

Ibanez Soundgear 250.

That could be from a lot of things. Tensing up too much, posture not being as correct as he thinks it is, or just beginner discomfort from using hand muscles never exercised before. It doesn't mean purposely using improper technique will make it better

I'll give you that

Fuck now I really want to rewatch K-ON.

Anyone have experience with the Boss Katana?

1. no
2. Your action could be too high. fretting hard shouldnt hurt too bad. you should be able to fret notes even without using your thumb for support.
3. If i had to start over i wouldnt use tabs; just learn by ear, read notation and learn theory right from the start. They're good habits to get into. Although if you look at tabs and learn a shitload of songs quickly that will help too i guess. At the end of the day it depends on your goals
4. take it to a tech. Its not rocket science but it does take some knowledge. Pay the $50-80 bucks, and if anything have him show you so you have an idea of what to do. Theres different factors at play; the saddles, truss rod, and even pickup height. You'll fuck up your bass if you turn the truss rod too much w/o knowing what youre doing

sounds like you're describing yourself, nigger

youre a degenerate

Anyone here play classical or jazz guitar?

Can you guys recommend some books/downloads with classical or Jazz guitar arrangements. Something intermediate, and preferably just in standard notation (no tab).

Im looking to improve my sight reading and learn some sweet pieces but dont know where to look for them; trying to avoid really obvious classical tunes.

I haven't tried it but if you look in the OP there's a link to "Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar".

Could be worth checking out.

Can I get more info on this?

That's not how you spell silverstone, seriously you can pick those fuckers up for less than $100 at walmart

ive checked it out. Its good but its more about theory. I want something that is just straight up songs.
Sometimes i spend too much time learning theory and chord progressions instead of actually just playing. I want to learn some cool pieces

Shitplank player reporting in
I play it because I like it more

Onions on Pedal Steel?

I prefer scallions on my pedal steel to be honest

jazz revolves around standards. you can google that and find them

>

Look up "The Real Book"

It's a book of jazz standards, there should be a guitar version.

I have the real book. Learning the melodies and chords helps....Im gonna get a book on chord melodies eventually and start putting together arrangements.

Again, im mostly looking to learn how to play pieces....classical or jazz Guitar arrangements

...As in not just the melody; complete pieces put together for guitar, so i can just learn them and not think about the theory always.

Theres so many books on theory, but i wish there were more with just straight up songs. Its hard to find one that is somewhat progressive on the difficulty.

So are there any apps for learning to sing that are like yousician where a microphone listens and tells you if you are hitting the ring notes? I want to learn to simg while I am playing guitar.

how do you ever decide whch one to play lol

>it's a tuning episode
How do you guys deal with this? Every time I have to pick the tuner and for some songs like Nick Drake's you have to tune literally all the strings, and I'm not even counting the songs where all the strings are tuned down/up/whatever the fuck they are

Depending on the song, you can transpose to standard tuning

play in a low tuning and then you can play most things

Weebs and poorfags ruined /gg/

why does only the 5th fret of my high e get fret buzz to the point it won't even ring out when fretted but the 4th and 6th frets work just fine

What's the best tuner app for android?

Gstrings

That fret might be uneven

Is there anything like Justins for bass?
Id like to learn that addition to learning guitar

>Is there anything like Justins for bass?

Scott's Bass Lessons
studybass.com

Guitune

Thanks broski

My strumming rhythm is pure garbage. I'm trying to sharpen it up and make it tighter but it's just a slow crawl... would it be cool if I posted a recording and got some advice?

Just go through all the lessons again but only play the root note

yes. i will report anyone who tries to bully you or something like that, its actually against the rules except in b

if its only a variation of standard tuning toned up or down you can transpose the song

Every body starts some where buddy

vocaroo.com/i/s1GlW3r5crft

he-here I go guys

what are good cheap pickups to put in my cheap practice project guitar

weirder the better. for blues rock

favorite finger strength exercises?

I didn't really notice any rhythm issues man, but I didn't listen all the way through. Sounds like you're doing fine to me, but rhythm isn't anything but rhythm is 90% predisposition imo