Sonic Youth's Sister

Just got this album on vinyl- definitely my favorite of all their works, just edging out Bad Moon Rising imo. Best Sonic Youth / experimental album?

Confusion is Sex

Cant decide on the best, but the Confusion is Sex to DDN streak of albums was GOAT

Goo

Seconded. DDN is too flabby IMO with too many songs that drag. Goo is just nothing but killer tracks (except maybe more. Sister and EVOL are both pretty GOAT too though.

*Mote

Mote is on of the best songs of the Goo

btw

Goo > Bad Moon > Sister > Confusion > Evol > Daydream

Dirty has to be my favorite
Goo is incredible, despite becoming tshirtcore
Rather Ripped is fucking great and underrated.
Sister is in my top 5 SY albums for sure.

Evol.
Perfect exploration of dream pop moods with a lot of experimentation

Oh great, a SY thread. Just finished Dirty as my first album. Thinking of tackling Bad Moon Rising next to dive into their older stuff. I liked the noisy/ambient tracks like Theresa's Sound Machine, any album with moee like those?

Holy shit taste Batman

this is their best album

this is their worst

*more

>HAWT WHYERRR MY HAAAAAARRRRRTTTT

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Bad Moon should be first, you're right

nice sister is my fav too
gay

Everyone says Daydream Nation is the best.
When you're really getting into them, you don't believe them. You think "oh it's accessible, that's why everyone praises it." But after years of the listening to this band, it's true. Daydream is a fucking perfect record. It is the pinnacle; the culmination of their experimental guitar playing and their melodic pop songwriting. Contrarians fuck off

Sister is the best. Period.

> Schizophrenia
> White Cross
> Catholic Block
> Motherfucking Cotton Crown

Goo and Dirty have some great tunes as well but Sister is the most genre-twisting of all their discography.

What's his endgame?

so true. Daydream nation is perfect mix of pop songs with noise - EG. silver rocket and total trash.

E V O L

One two, one two, one two titty
I know every nook and cranny in New York City