Literally 1% of mu listed classical in their favorites 1 year ago, or listened to it

>literally 1% of mu listed classical in their favorites 1 year ago, or listened to it
>now all of a sudden everyone is listing it in their favorites and scrobbling it to show off how they listen to it

why is mu full of so many posers?

>mu
what's that?

Seriously Jesus Christ. I do not buy that someone's taste consists of car seat headrest and Bach that is blatantly bs

>being so philistine that you literally can't concieve genuine appreciation for classical music

You suck.

If there is one thing I hate it's people who pretend to like something for an image. Just like what you like and be proud of it, we'd probably be seeing more unique tastes and opinions around here if everyones music preferences weren't so homogenized and unoriginal. I don't listen to classical and have never had an interest in doing so and I am perfectly happy with that.

/chart/ /daily/ etc. are just delayed RYM trends

First it was just P4Klite

Then mallgoth like LRD, Comus, Coil, etc.

Then modern classical

Now it's "muh true authentic classical"

Next it'll be late 50s/early 60s pop and MPB that'll be big

You're missing out, mate.

thats whatever, theyre miserable and they know it

the worst type of people are those that see something and say "wow i have to like this" because it has an image they like

lurked mu discord, rym obvious mu threads, certain other places, they all reek of this surface level poser shit. at this point i find it more entertaining to talk to a top 40 fan because at least they are honest about what they like and arent pretentious of it

>inb4 "pleb"

lol

thought mu finished its MPB fad a few months ago. was seeing it all over every single chart for a little while, then randomly died out again

Classical "appreciation" is the new hipster trend
you heard it here first

Why do you think that appreciation for classical music is inherently pretentious? Do you have any source on that?
Appreciating Beethoven is easy as fuck, you're not doing it onky because you've never bothered to actually listen to one of his meme sonatas.

Maybe you're right

I think Soviet/post-Soviet avant-bullshit might get big too

didnt say that, nice projection

i play the piano and violin, mom taught me at 8, ive been since live orchestral performances since 5, and its so painfully easy to see someone that namedrops composer names or pieces to impress - its very embarrassing

now its hard to judge on these things, but the 100% confirmation they are posing is if they only listen obscure or partially obscure composers and shun/do not ever listen to the well known ones

at least on mu, yeah.

I have yet to listen to any "real" classical. I did just find out about Nils Frahm and I think he's fantastic. Spaces is a good album.

I totally agree with you. These people are everywhere on Sup Forums.

They'll make fun of a tumblr girl wearing an unknown pleasures shirt and then turn around and jerk off to some obscure harsh noise shit that they can barely sit through a song of to seem "patrician."

kek i feel like everyone that spends at least a year on mu realizes this eventually, in time half of mu will seem the same like the 21 pilots crowd in terms of similarity

Because most people are here for fun, it's only us blessed few who are here because we are alone in this world and music is our only comfort

I think it's just an indication of tastes maturing with a particular process attached to it.

So first you start off with the P4Klite stuff. Simple entry level stuff with some amount of artistic merit. Most of Sup Forumscore is this as well. Most listeners at this stage don't know where to really start so they rely on places like P4K, RYM top charts, etc.

Then from there comes the "experimental and "mallgoth". This stuff works with more inaccessible sounds than the P4Klite stuff to seemingly enter musical areas that felt unheard of to the listener.

Kind of sick of the experimental mallgoth's ultimately straightforward structure since most of it is still pop or folk music, the listener then moves onto modern classical as a lot of that tends to have the unconventional abrasive sounds of the experimental mallgoth stuff but to have actual songwriting depth on top of that.

But the final stage it seems is the one where instead of modern classical works, they start listening to the tried and true of composers like Bach and Beethoven. "Muh true authentic classical." Through listening to modern classical, the listener has realized that the real depth in music isn't through flashy gimmicks and image, but in what the music actually does and where it goes. Modern classical tends to be centered around too many gimmicks, while the good stuff tends to actually focus on good music making more than anything else. It should be understood that modern composers like Shostakovich, non-folk Bartok, and Stravinsky are part of this stage and not the previous one due to their approach to composition and what their music entails.

and once all of these phases are complete, the cycle is finished and user goes back to listening to pop music.

I am not sure that'll happen. Will the pop music give them the same satisfaction as the mighty Bach?

Sup Forums is full of low self esteem kiddos who can't decide if they actually like something without being told that they're allowed to.

And the real kicker is that they'll believe pitchfork. Lol