Really makes you ponder

Really makes you ponder...

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-3746045/The-Incredibles-Don-t-fooled-Mr-Mrs-normal-act-Laura-Trott-Jason-Kenny-simply-world.html#ixzz4HgvNbdms
nesn.com/2016/08/nissan-gb-to-award-gold-leaf-to-british-gold-medalists-after-rio-games/
rs.n1info.com/a181533/Sport-Klub/Ostali-sportovi/Vucic-Nagrade-za-osvajace-medalja-na-OI.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Schooling is set

lol faggots why you trying so hard then

Do you believe that?
THIS really make me ponder...

>I am british

Bullshit you get taxed for medals in the US

The German number doesn't do us justice
Professional athletes usually join the dedicated sport divisions of the military/police here so they get paid like civil clerks

>italy

fuck I'd rather have 0 medals than pay these olympic one hit wonder snowflakers every 4 years

do you not just have athletic funding? Over here we have lottery funding, so everyone who buys a lottery ticket supports our athletes

it's the same in the UK. The reason they arent getting bonuses is because the top athletes are on salaries from government grants amounting to +$100000USD per year

their incentive for winning the the knowledge that if they dont their funding will be cut

>we do it for free

Think it's more like £28000 a year.

Serbia 40 000€

Our PM and government are retarded

this

For individual sports it's not that bad, but in team sports they get 40k each

my source is the Daily Meme, but yeah
>It is different for athletes, certainly those on comparatively modest government grants of £65,000 a year.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-3746045/The-Incredibles-Don-t-fooled-Mr-Mrs-normal-act-Laura-Trott-Jason-Kenny-simply-world.html#ixzz4HgvNbdms

Do you think he would actually pay them that?
What if the basketball teams get medals?

To piss everyone off.

Team USA gets zero (0) USD per year in federal funding.

British athletes earn most of their money through sponsorships after they win gold.

Apparently Jason Kenny earns less than Laura Trott (even though he has 6 golds and she has 4) because sponsors want a qt face for their products.

and they have to pay tax on every medal they earn kek

self respect
also lottery funding

Yes even benchwarmers would get their 40k

>Usa 25000
Yeah no I don't believe this shit

At least Nissan is giving this """"beautiful"""" Nissan Leaf to gold winners from GB.

nesn.com/2016/08/nissan-gb-to-award-gold-leaf-to-british-gold-medalists-after-rio-games/

Actually looks fucking dope if it wasn't for it being an ugly ass Nissan

THEY DO IT GRATIS!!!

are you telling me british athletes do it for free?
:^)

This is just what they get from the government. They probably get huge wages and sponsorships from other places

>assembled in canada

They don't get the 25k from the government. They get it from the USOC, which gets no money from the federal government. Our teams are almost completely funded by ads for the popular sports and small-scale fundraisers for shit like kayak/rowing.

>risking zika and robbery
>without compensation

It's around £28,000 a year for top athletes

40k euros?
What the actual fuck?

We have 14k euros for solo athletes, 11k euros for team players.

>British hobbyist athletes are absolutely BTFOing all these professional athletes from other countries hoping to earn next year's rent

sounds like a Sup Forums mod's dream job

Voli Pičkousti da priča o sportu. Lakše je o Olimpijskim medaljama nego o pravim problemima.

rs.n1info.com/a181533/Sport-Klub/Ostali-sportovi/Vucic-Nagrade-za-osvajace-medalja-na-OI.html

t. Ahmad Muhammad

>Mfw my country can say it'll give 20 million for a gold medal, just because no one stands a chance to win one

The difference here is that you get given money to live on prior to the Olympics if you're likely to win a medal instead of when you win a medal

where's china?

20k before tax and a car

we give them a bit more than 100k

who would drive a gold car?

20m Lev is still 11m USD... shit Bulgaria, where do I sign up?

the vietnamese gunner got 135k dollars for the gold medal

same t b h