"Victory tax" for US olympic winners

>American Olympians are subject to a so-called "victory tax" - a tax on both the money they receive from the Olympic committee for winning and on the value of the Olympic medal.

bbc.com/news/business-37099066

>LITERALLY tipping after you receive a medal
>ameritips

You literally buy athletes with "public" money.

>on the value of the Olympic medal
chump change

>statism
>even once

>a fucking bar of chocolate

>$55,000 tax on $55 million
wow it's fucking nothing

>a small tax is no tax
>a small limitation on freedom of speech of no limitation
>a small abridgment of the right to bear arms is no abridgement
Be careful.

tipping isn't a tax you dumb muslim asshole. you don't have to tip.

arent gameshow winnings taxed as well?

also didnt those people who got "free" cars from oprah need to pay thousands of dollars to actually get them?

>earn income
>pay tax

How is this so hard to understand? I know most places don't have things like "equal protection" that require the government to treat all people the same.

>you don't have to tip.
Not outside of America, no.

>says the guy with an affirmative action president and laws against hurting wimmin

you don't have to tip here either. I only tip if the wait makes eye contact with me when he speaks. too many lazy awkward college students with these jobs, they don't all deserve to be compensated.

You literally pay people to look you in the eye? And I thought whores made easy money.

There is no defending this, U.S. government has grown into a horrible misshapen blob of horse shit and buttfuckery

Reminder that this year 47 American olympians were born outside the US

Medals are literally just performance bonuses in the form of precious metals.
No different from a regular employee paying taxes on their bonuses.

>Out of the largest Olympic delegation in history

Have any of the Qatar Olympians lived in Qatar more than 10 years?

>american obsessed with taxing everything

If they were really performance bonuses then why do women's medals have as much gold as real ones?

Are least Barshim in the high jump m8, he's a real Qatari

But the Olympic medals are fake.

Gold medal has only 1% gold in it, and is mostly made of silver (monetary value: $600).

Silver medal doesn't even have much silver.

And bronze medal is a Chinese-style counterfeit (monetary value: literally $3).

Taxing this shit is hilarious.

They get paid money for winning. It's like $25,000 and less for silver and bronze. They're paying a tax on money they get paid, just like for any income or prize reward

Okay, And I just saw they're actually taxing the value of the medal too. That's stupid

same here, the dutch 'irs' is fucking horrible

These are the people who betrayed the crown and his Majesty because of taxes

We fought because they didn't allow representative democracy. Same as you pajeet, but about 180 years ahead of you.

>france defending a muslim nation
You can't make this shit up, kek

>defending

I'm stating a fact, dumbass

Sure thing Mohammed

me in the middle

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain, aye chaps?

I don't get it either. It's obviously just whiners kicking up a stink by giving it a catchy name and treating it like it's something out of the ordinary when it's not.

It would be like calling the tax you pay on the income earned in December "Xmas tax" and then writing articles about how ridiculous it is.

Why do so many americans say that if you can't afford to tip you can't afford to eat out ?

>if you can't afford to tip
You can afford to eat out you just cant afford to have highly trained waitstaff or food cooked exactly to preference.

Had a Bolivian friend in college and took him out to something super lame like a Chili's all you an eat chips and salsa blew his mind but then when he could omit or add stuff on his dish he almost freaked out.