Alright I think this is actually the litmus test that Sup Forums needs...

Alright I think this is actually the litmus test that Sup Forums needs. Almost every single person who hates/strongly dislikes this track is a fucking mindless pleb. If you like it or just kind of moderately enjoy it you have ascended to be a philosopher prince.

I fucking love this song. It's rather simple (that drum loop) but I still enjoy it. The singing is beautiful, I have it stuck in my head since yesterday. On Reddit people are actually going crazy saying there is no singing on this track, that it's not actual music. Many people ask if its a joke just because his style of singing isn't as conventional as other pop music. I wonder what they would think of some actually experimental pop music (some Björk for example is much more experimental than this track in every way).

>gorillaz fan calling anyone a pleb

your thread is shit. your taste is shit. you are shit

True, Gorillaz is for plebs. But actual plebs who like Gorillaz are confused by this track acting as if it was from an alien planet and they can't comprehend it at all.

came here just to see what you guys were saying about this one. i fucking love this weird mother fucking song.

yeah everyone who I've talked to that hates it seems to have a very thoughtless / generic disposition.

the guy's voice is so f perfect and the video is very nice too

latin simone is fucking dope tho

thats a retarded thing to say. you literally fell for the pathetic elitist complex only level one drones fall for.

eloquently said

>u aren't smart because I like a song
you're just mad because you know they haven't been good since Demon Dayz

>Gorillaz

Oh wow its a dumb gorillaz fan who thinks hes patrician because hes got no dick. Pull your head out your arse kiddo

It's a decent song. I don't particularly like Gorillaz and definitely wasn't going to listen to the album, now I might. Benjamin Clementine is pretty good, though, so I think this will be an exception.

But the song is vaguely political in favour of a stance many people here don't agree with, so it triggered a lot of people. They're not plebs necessarily, they're just teenagers. The song doesn't really even say anything of substance to get upset about.

Like Wimp Lo, you were taught wrong.

its average
why does it matter though

>

Thank you. What makes me really love the song is Benjamin's delivery but also the different parts to the song; from the start at 0:18 to Damon's chorus to the spoken (Don't worry my friend, if this be the end then so shall it be...) at 2:32 to the instant change at "POWER!" at 3:06 to Damon's chorus and the outro to the Spongebob finish. It's a jarringly beautiful song.

Where did the music video go?

Pros-
>good sounding vocals by Ben
>the way the backing vocals build up, especially at the end
>the gospel vibe (ex. the I to IV chord progression in the verses) and its connection to the lyrical theme of the song

Cons
>rhythmically fails to ever settle into a groove until the last chorus, and then its a basic beat with not much to speak of
>instrumentally sounds like a b-sides of plastic beach, with a wash of synths that have little unique character to them
>lyrically, past politcal implications, is enigmatic in the verse to point of sounding nonsensical, and so basic and cliche in the chorus that it sounds juvenile. Overall it lacks meaningful substance of any sort.
>not enough Damon and not enough fun to make this enjoyable

3/10 best I can do

This song is everything Plastic Beach should have been

>lyrics sound nonsensical
This is true for 90% of their songs but here they were pretty straight forward. On the contrary, one could say that the metaphore of the tree was too obvious and kind of lazy.

Is this song about Trump?