Penny Dreadful

Does no one ever talk about Penny Dreadful? look I'm with all of you guys on the Eva Green camp but it'd be great to find people who legitimately wanna talk about the show, what you like, what you wanna see next.

Tonight's episode fucking blew me away.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm1875238/?ref_=tt_cl_t15
youtube.com/watch?v=jqaxVi_k610
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do they talk so weird

More like, "pretty dreadful".

>It's a the Creature gets his shit fucked up episode

they're doing monologues
you wouldn't know good tv if it stabbed you in the neck

I need to catch up

You wouldn't know how to get quads if I showed you. Like now.

i'm waiting for a better rip, i like the webrip that NTb makes.

dreadful, get yourself banned so all your posts are pruned

2nd season nonsense turned everyone away

manhating loli best girl 2bh

hey, this isn't capeshit or got

as long as they don't have any more graphic tranny on man sex scenes every episode is great

What happened during the second season? I only caught up after the blu ray was put out, which is something I can afford to do apparently because no one ever talks about this show.

Is it really that bad to some of you guys? I fucking love this series.

I wasn't fucking with the idea of this guy being Dr. Jekyll but I love seeing him now in whatever scene he's in.

>she will never kill you as an outlet for all her rage

>you will never die by auto-erotic asphyxiation at her hands

>tranny

I was half playing games and half watching the show so when the reveal came it still took me aback especially since they went full frontal with it.

Sup Forums has really immature taste. That's not to say someone can't fairly dislike Penny Dreadful, but the main conversation starters here will be The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and comic book stuff. Almost anything else gets ignored, Sup Forums never even checks it out in the first place.

I've tried not to look up info on her but she's gotta be legal, right?

Today's ep was worse than the two preceding it and the fact it had a lot more Lily is likely the reason. But I do like that Dorian has an actual plot this time instead of just mincing around doing his own thing no-one really cares about. Dinner scene was great, will miss witchfu.

I'm expecting Caliban to seek out Victor, either to fix his face or when his son dies, and likely meet Jekyll as well and for some reason I'm really looking forward to those two interacting.

Of course she would be. Productions avoid hiring underage people whenever possible because the regulations regarding how they're allowed to work are a lot more strict. If the character is past puberty they're almost always over 18.

She's 23

imdb.com/name/nm1875238/?ref_=tt_cl_t15

>Dinner scene was great, will miss witchfu

I thought they were impervious to bullets in demonform (or whatever it's called) - I swear they got shot in season 2 and shrugged it off

>I'm expecting Caliban to seek out Victor, either to fix his face or when his son dies

As much as I like Caliban him getting fucked over for being a walking corpse is getting old

I could see the show dick teasing us by having Caliban murder Jekyll before they show off Mr. Hyde for some reason.

The mercy killing during the very first scene keeps making me think it's gonna happen eventually to his son but fuck it I can't call it right now.

>lily

I know people don't really like her actress too much but she gets to me in a way I can't explain. Maybe because she's not some super hot goddess. I can see the flaws in her, I just don't care.

Oh, thanks. I was curious but didn't want to feel weird about doing that kind of shit and then find out she was a kid.

I mean, with nudity aside I suppose she would have to be legal but at the same time I was thinking it could have been a body double or something like that. I don't know about the working policies and crap like that or if premium cable is even allowed to insinuate that children as characters are being treated like this in a show.

Two of them at least got shot dead in the finale.

When they showed him in the flashbacks i could not understand the logic with his hair, like he was bald before wtf? I think the explanation is that that is not his original scalp.

Nah. I mean, they were getting btfo'd during the final battle in S2 with regular shots so I just figured them as super human. This was especially driven home in the episode before when you noticed that she was the first to drop due to exhaustion so not even she's immune to what her body needs, human or not.

With that being said wild wild west hecate is best look

well yeah you can see the scars there. Plus Frankenstein's monster was always an amalgamation of body parts IIRC.

Yeah, I forgot about the other two getting dispatched in season 2. I guess Sir Malcolm would be pretty useless if he couldn't kill the supernatural enemies as well

It's not even Billy, Lily is just all over the place. First she's going on about how the immortals should rule over the weak, then she's just in it to get revenge on men because being a whore involves whoring. Then she's saying they can't kill Victor because they need him to make immortal whores, but then she threatens to kill him if she sees him again after already making the same threat previously despite no doubt already having plans to use him to make immortal whores. She's a poorly written character and she spends five minutes saying what takes two.

I'm actually sad to see a rift starting up already in the house of Gray (Lily's now.), I mean you can't basically have them build a pact soaked in blood and sex and suddenly have the loli ready to get murder happy on him for having a dick, but looking at the trailer I had an idea that this was going to happen: Dorian losing control in his own home.

With that being said though, It was nice to see him with some sort of emotion other than snarky this time around.

>"You are in my debt, Victor...and I will call on it."

>the favor is he has to dress like Lily while he fucks him in the ass

How did you guys even make it past the first couple of episodes? It was so bad I had to shut it off in the first.

the character itself? Yeah, that makes sense. Like, the motivation in the season finale for keeping him alive was because she wanted him to live and suffer for what he brought into this world.

And then she outright admits that she's sentimental about him, while in under two minutes still threatens to murder him.

She doesn't know what she wants from Victor ( but neither do the writers)

I tried to write it off as a character quirk of hers because she did a lot of that mood swinging too during her confrontation with Caliban.

I'm a couple episodes behind. Just saw the asylum room episode. holy shit. one of the best episodes this year. reminded me a bit of the screwtape letters. also it was interesting to see the conversations with demons from her point of view for a change. she deserves a fucking at me for that ep.

It was always going to happen. Even if the loli was fiercely loyal to him, Dorian's whole schtick is being infatuated by something then getting bored of it and moving on to the next thing. Lily showed humanity and weakness in front of him. It's already over.

I had a feeling that was going to happen soon after they saved murderloli - "he (Dorian) is one of the good ones!" was only going to work for so long

>With that being said though, It was nice to see him with some sort of emotion other than snarky this time around.

I liked that even he could see that Victor only wanted his waifu back

Dorian will probably ask Victor to do what he wanted to do anyways - deal with Lily.
I think Dorian is more just looking for entertainment than being infatuated. As long as Lily keeps building up her little clan with him at top, he's all for it. But now that he feels like he's being excluded and that Lily isn't keeping their loyalties straight, he's going to turn against them.

By the way, does anyone remember how Dorian's regeneration works? Is it Wolverine like or does he just rise from the dead a few hours later? Lily's superhuman and presumably ageless but can die, but to my knowledge Dorian is physically impossible to kill (barring like a nuke or something I guess).

I can't read this thread yet because I haven't watched the most recent ep, but I definitely watch it. Been watching it as it comes since the new season started. I wanted to watch it as soon as it was announced, but idk the marketing probably sucks because it totally fell off my radar until I picked it up like a month ago.

Besides Green's acting, it's like a way better version of Once Upon a Time.

Great tits, tho...

obviously.

At first I just wrote it off as her herself being conflicted, but now she's just bouncing back and forth between whatever makes her look strongest at any given moment. The only way I can see the character redeeming itself is if it turns out she's been playing everyone (Dorian and Victor and even the whores) and her original immortal spiel was legit, and she's actually working for the first and foremost immortal, Dracula, but then that might tie things together a bit too neatly.

That might've not been so bad if I hadn't been watching it in a room full of family... Fuck, you could taste the awkward in the air.

>By the way, does anyone remember how Dorian's regeneration works?

I think he starts healing almost immediately after being injured

you already knew what Penny Dreadful was like by then, maybe nothing like that scene in particular, but you knew it had graphic stuff

>"Murder him? For being in love? For being foolish?"

I miss bro Dorian to be completely honest with you, ain't even fucking around. The one who won't even know you from a hole in the wall and will still invite you to go out and try new shit.

>I think Dorian is more just looking for entertainment than being infatuated

It's the same thing to him, really. He finds a thing that takes his interest and obsesses over it until it no longer takes his interest. What one might call love he would call entertainment.

Do it man, the episode was great, especially the final scene.

If I'm not mistaken he has to look at the painting first, which we have to remember, Lily now knows about since that was exactly what she made him do after she purposefully injured him.

the op pic wasn't a spoiler lol

meanwhile there's GoT threads with spoiler pics

at least the thread wasn't deleted

Shit man, someone gave enough of a fuck to make webms? Please lay all you got on us.

Also, love dat Green man. Wasn't she nominated and lost the chance to someone else?

Also gonna miss Lyle. Not sold on Hardigan yet, I get a feeling she ain't legit.

Season 4, The Mummy?

Eh, should I have? To confess, I ripped that image off of ign so if they're putting those up then yeah I figured it didn't really matter.

It wouldn't be too far of a stretch considering all the egypt shit they were doing back in S1. I am still wondering if they exercised her of her demon or if the "goddess" is still lurking around inside of her.

>the op pic wasn't a spoiler lol
it's Dorian Grey, we all know that that shit wont kill him.

I don't think they'd bother with GoT - you've got to be pretty stupid to post on Sup Forums within hours of it airing anyway if you don't want to be spoilered

Yeah they pretty much own this place. I never go on Sup Forums before watching.

I'm still trying to figure out what nonsense went on with S2. Having watched it I didn't see a problem.

Clem Fandango?

Season 1 was the servants of Dracula
Season 2 was the servants of Lucifer
Season 3 is Dracula himself

I expect 4 to be Lucy coming topside, likely made possible with Dracula's death. There's also been a lot of build up between him and Ethan. I'd be disappointed if that doesn't go somewhere significant.

>Lyle going on a trip to Cairo to visit the tomb of Imhotep

>Imhotep is a fictional character and the titular antagonist in the 1932 film The Mummy,

Shit, never knew The Mummy was actually a remake

Yeah but not without some inner conflict with Ethan first. Just because he didn't kill his pops doesn't mean that Hecate didn't get up in that dude's head somehow.

With that being said I still can't believe we got fucking Sagat in Penny Dreadful.

You lost me.

Holy shit I totally forgot his name was fucking Imhotep.

I also forgot that they still had that whole thing they wanted to do with bringing the universal monsters together.

I hope that doesn't get in the way with what Penny Dreadful is trying to do, especially with a reboot for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen announced.

But don't mind me, I been spending too much time around dctv and think that everything is a fucking embargo.

Can you hear me?

youtube.com/watch?v=jqaxVi_k610

When I first saw this scene I just fucking knew Eva was gonna let that milk drip. So goddamned raw, she is.

>especially with a reboot for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen announced.

Fuck, forgot about that

I'm one of the rare few who didn't really mind that movie but I was a young teen back then. Someone pointed out in an earlier thread that the finale consisted of too many mirror matches and at that moment you're like "well fuck me, he's totally right."

HEH, good shit. I've never seen him in anything before this but I fux with this actor as Dr. Jekyll. I hope the show doesn't blue ball us and we get to see his rendition of Mr. Hyde.

have any of the characters been shown reading a penny dreadful?

It was mentioned by Van Helsing back in S1. RIP

>I'm one of the rare few who didn't really mind that movie but I was a young teen back the

Are you me?

>Someone pointed out in an earlier thread that the finale consisted of too many mirror matches and at that moment you're like "well fuck me, he's totally right."

wut

>have legendary anti vampire character
>kill him off after minutes of screentime in season 1
>still dealing with vampires in season 3

Ain't nobody in the world like you but you, user.

We're just ...rare.

So think about what happened.

Mina vs. Dorian

Nemo & Hyde vs. Big Red

Skinner vs. Can't-See-Me-Nigga

I may have been reaching but the finale consisted of pretty much grabbing everyone's powers and using it for the other side, yeah?

I'll have to watch it again then, I haven't seen it in years

Moriarty did nothing wrong

You know this is why I get frustrated with shows like Penny Dreadful and their multiple antagonists. Everyone's got their plans set in place and they're just so oblivious of everything else that's going on in the world like you got Lily and Dorian all like "Muhahaha we're gonna make the world fall on their knees" and it just makes you wanna see them get btfo by the true masters of terror.

Wanna see a bunch of vamps and demons roll through their whole set and just rape their shit.

They are kind of heavyweights though. Dorian's immortal and Lily has superhuman strength. Not sure how durable but she is killable at least. Their little prostitute cultists would get torn apart though.

yeah, that a little too much, and for the rest of the season I just fast forwarded every scene with them (what happened to the tranny? why isn't he in this season?)

Why did the picture get deleted? It wasn't nsfw or something.

I was wondering that myself.

But to answer your question, no it wasn't....about 90% sure when I saw this thread pop up an hour or so ago.

there was that other thread with a pic of eva's butt

>not wanting more trannies

have you seen the scene in question?

wait, is my op pic deleted? Because I can still see it for some reason. I guess that's what

was trying to say when he mentioned it.

He's dead, Jim.

Lesbian subplot with Catriona?

not him but what was wrong with it? It's on showtime, it's known for having erotic situations, what did you expect?

He found out the secret to Dorian's everlasting life and calmly told him he didn't care. Dorian didn't believe him.

>not wanting it with Dr. Seward

ya done goofed, user.

That fencing scene had more talent in it than GoT S5 doe.

Yea didn't see a problem with it

why the fuck do any of you even care about Dorian and the ugly dead cunt and their MUH FEMINIZMZ storyline??? it's not interesting, everyone's terrible in their acting job, and they never add SHIT to the rest of the show's storyline.

It's why he had to die, really. Can't have Dracula and Van Helsing running around in the same show and not have the show be primarily about those two.

Dorian's going to be the final boss, user.

>implying

Dorian sees that he is losing control over Lily and decides to use Victor's serum on her.

That's what I'm saying. No one bats an eye at Dorian, Lily, and the underage looking girl fucking in blood but trannies are where we cross the line.

lol what he's gonna do? scream "UR A WHITE MALE!!1!1!" at everyone's face?

i thought he was annoying since the very first episode we saw him, and now they managed to make it even more insufferable. i'm only watching the show because of vanessa and ethan t b h.

Well Dorian can't be killed, no. Lily, I don't recall seeing the extent of her superhuman strength either but I do see what you mean too.

I wanted to say "if Vanessa and Co could handle them" but I also remember back in S1 they were almost overrun at the Guignol so perhaps there's strength in numbers.

I stand by my view that bro Dorian was the best Dorian, always taking people out to new adventures.

>why the fuck do any of you even care about Dorian and the ugly dead cunt and their MUH FEMINIZMZ storyline??? it's not interesting, everyone's terrible in their acting job, and they never add SHIT to the rest of the show's storyline.
this.

It just never stops being this...over and over again with these HBO shows...

They start out good and then it just gets more and more artificial every season...shoehorned gays, trannys, women and "people of color" that have no business being or acting like they do in the time they are in. Every time it starts to have a hope of being good they start this shit up and ruin the story and by the third season its absolute shit. They even did it to Game of Thrones ad nauseum.

please, vanessa is satan's wife, she could fuck everyone's shit up

He's invincible. Lily can posture and speech all she wants, but Dorian's the only true immortal besides Drac and Lucy. He's already getting tired of whore island.

He was getting bored of the tranny so showed him his picture and the tranny got a bit scared so he stabbed the cunt and hooked up with a cis white woman.

Yeah, it's just so tangential to the rest of the characters, and a waste of Frankenstein

>shoehorned gays, trannys, women and "people of color" that have no business being or acting like they do in the time they are in

For me it's more that almost all the characters that interact with them are almost inappropriately "progressive" for the setting

If I wanted to see a man-faced woman whip out a cock I'd call your mother not watch a TV show.