He pays 9.99 a mo for songs to disappear from albums

>he pays 9.99 a mo for songs to disappear from albums

when will spotifycucks learn?

Disappear?

>Not Spotifying

Pleb as fuck

Do I support artists more if I use PSotify or if I pirate everything and buy one 10 dollar CD once a month

And which do you violate them more?

Spotify gives jack shit to artists. Pirating + buying physical copies is way better

70% of their revenue gets paid out as royalties and they're still not profitable.

why not all 3?
you pay for internet every month you cuck

it's an interactive listening experience you fishwanking idiot

If musicians want you to have their music for free then they will provide it.

End of story

Wut

Undesirable bitrate w/o subscription, god awful UI, slow as fuck

what kind of shitty phone do you use?

spotify mobile provides music with 96 kbps and 160 kbps to paid users

damn

Pirating gives LITERALLY jack shit to them. You could always Spotify + physical copies if you consider yourself that much of a philanthropist

And it actually violates them.

Among many reasons, musicians have a right to "force a blind buy" if they want to. If they want you to preview it for free then they or a local store will provide it.

see Why settle for shitty Spotify if it literally only gives cents to artists?

It's popular. why don't you autists hate it?

Oh and pirating isn't popular?

Per play

And I assume there's some scam that people pull and that's why it's so low.

I love it t b h. I happily pay 10 bucks a month to have unlimited access to 90% of the music I'm interested in, and I can play it through my computer, my phone, and I have speakers in my house that I can control with my phone wirelessly. When I wake up in the morning I can have an album playing within seconds, and I can switch between them just as fast. And then if I particularly like an artist to the point I want to give them more - in addition to streaming their music over and over again - I'll buy their record.

I mean, if you're looking for a system that's totally fair and artist-centric, that never existed. Musicians were always dirt poor unless they became really famous.

Stop Making Sense

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE DUBS

This. My friend's old band is on Spotify and/or Pandora and they get literally nothing.

idk if it's still this way but spotify without subscription on iOS was so fucking horrible it turned me off the idea of ever giving my money
mainly because it's specifically designed to lure you into subscribing

Paying for music is not relevant anymore.

It's 320kbps m8

Checked

Literally lying to support own opinion

I doubt his small-time band was making anything playing shows or selling albums either

Damn

I do that for free and I don't have to have an internet connection to listen. Plus I can control the metadata, add bootlegs to my library, not be at the mercy of record label rights bullshit.

So you like jewing artists then
You fucking jew

>And then if I particularly like an artist to the point I want to give them more - in addition to streaming their music over and over again - I'll buy their record.

Literally this.

Nice

Yep i saw it wrong, but the free mobile app still only plays at 96 and 160 to desktop users. guess its only worth it when you pay for it.

>people unironically pay 10$ a month for a service that decides what song they listen to

>buy cd from anything but the band themselves or label upon release
>implying any of that money goes to the band

When you buy that first print vinyl on ebay you sure are filling the artist's pockets with cash.

>get recommended to try spotify
>try it
>make a radio station
>it just plays the same 3 artists in rotation
>it does this for almost every station I make
>look up an artist
>has one random album
even youtube is better than this shit

huh?
that's not how spotify works

spotify has like no songs
soundcloud + pirating + buying physical CDs is the way to go

anyone?

I live in poverty with internet access. I could give a fuck.

But one single fuck is all I'll give & even that wil be lackluster to the point of nonexistent.

I think he's talking about paid Pandora.

No wonder who pays are womens

I just use it for EDM, they have everything from Spinnin Records on there, there are already playlists being created for festival season. It's all in good fun bro :) Just dance.

Who cares? Unless you're dirt poor, if you're into music I don't see why you wouldn't pay £10 a month to have instant access to millions of albums. It doesn't have to be your main library, just a place to try out new music in listenable quality with an interface that's actually tailored for exploring music (as opposed to, say, trying out new music via YouTube). And, no, it doesn't have everything, but it has more than enough to be worth the small fee.

If you don't like streaming, I'm just gonna assume you're some combination of poor, autistic or not all that interested in trying new music.

Had to switch to apple jewsic from Spotify because I hit the download limit (3.3K) its worse in pretty much every respect but you get 25K downloads

This is exactly why I use it. That $10 isn't a tremendous amount of money to me at the moment. Its the equivalent of eating out for one meal, or a couple drinks at the bar.

if more than 90% of the music you listen to is available on spotify, you are a confirmed pleb

end of discussion

Fuck of to RYM dumb avant-teen poser

no one gives a fuck about how "le patrician" your taste is. fuck off from the internet and go listen to your avant kitchen sink basement blues

They don't have a lot of that either
I was with a friend in the car and told him to put a few songs on. He couldn't find any of them, turns out he was using spotify
I'd get super frustrated if I used spotify for edm

How about 90% of music released so far in 2017? And thats conservative, I'd even go 95%

>paying for Spotify

How fucking dumb do you even have to be to do this?

Just use the free version with an adblocker. If you want to download tracks then use Soulseek.

Phone

>adblocker
I wasn't aware this could change the bitrate of a song

they get greyed out and you cant play them

kek

why are you guys lying to support this shit

I still have no idea what you mean and have never experienced this. Example?

sometimes it might as well be the more well-known stuff that's not on there

i find it just as easy finding some relatively underground shit as finding more mainstream stuff

Very rarely ever happens to me and if it does i just head to SLSK or RT. Problem solved, stop crying over nothing.

I pay $5 a month so I can tell my Amazon Echo Dot which is hooked up to a receiver and hi-fi setup next to my turntable "Alexa, play album: Our Man in Paris" and have it immediately play at whatever volume I want whenever I want.

In addition, I automatically get the aux cord on road trips because I have spotify premium and unlimited data.

In addition, I have a workout playlist I can easily access when I go to the gym. It takes up no space on my phone, which is jailbroken and full of ROMs of old Nintendo and Playstation games.

I recently took advantage of a promotion that Spotify is doing and got 3 months for $3.

Wow so cucked.

>Spotify
>patrician

>streaming music
>patrician

>anything but a 1000+ dollar vinyl setup
>patrician

holy shit go listen to your j cole you fucking normie

>buy physical media of the albums I really like/I'm really interested into
>use YouTube to give a quick listen to the stuff I'm curious about
>torrent all the rest

that's the most reasonable thing to do nowadays

Apple Music has Modern Love (demdike stare, deep chord presents echo space, Andy stott) that is the only thing that's better lol

There are many artists that are basically unknown who have music on Spotify though

Do you live in the middle of nowhere or do you just not know what record stores are

>paying for music

>if other people listen to it, it's bad
this is what people unironically believe

> "[song] - Remastered"
> "[album] (Deluxe)"
STOP FUCKING WITH MY SCROBBLES, SPOTIFY

>those unchecked trips
>those unchecked quads
smdh