When did it become cool to be purposely boring and lethargic in rock music?

when did it become cool to be purposely boring and lethargic in rock music?

since the beginning??

It can sound good tho, Real Estate are shit and Beach Fossils do it better imo

around the same time sincerity stopped being cool

this album ain't rock tho

Real Estate sounds like what being high on oxycodone feels like. So I'm down with it.

>being so banal and talentless that you masquerade it by comparing it to what a sedative feels like
at least good slowcore bands like Low and Codeine managed to do it well

Since Radiohead turned rock into a sissified nu-male whinefest

that's not the fault of Radiohead though, it's the shit bands who rode on their tails

Days is a masterpiece. Everything on the record simply sounds full and dreamy, full of counter-culture references, and of great pop writing skills. Sure it's not maximal but it's beauifully written Dream-pop/pop Rock

This is pretty great too but not as good as Days imo

Wait, I don't understand what you're saying. Your wording implies that I'm banal and talentless because I compared their music to a sedative. Work on your syntax and then get back to me so I can figure out what you meant.

Around the time you thought it wasn't cool. So it became cool. Tough luck kiddo

I might have worded it badly, but this isn't reddit and it's not hard to interpret what I said you pedantic fuck

I said Real Estate is shit and you saying just because you think they managed to capture in aural form what it's like being on oxycodone doesn't make them redeemable. And I mentioned two bands that did what Real Estate tried to do and did it much better.

hol up. at least real estate has interesting sort of catchy riffs. i found it nearly impossible to sit through a beach fossil album.

spotted the cock rocker

Since Hip-hop made all rock artists trying to look "dangerous" and "threatening" look stupid

>cock rocker meme
>anti metal meme

fuck off, nothing is wrong with metal or "masculine" or hardcore rock

Do you sit when you pee?

you got it backwards my man

since you are all cowards and docile

When "indie" rock lost the punk sensibility it had as a foundation. So, the 2000s, arguably earlier.

Also this.

>When "indie" rock lost the punk sensibility it had as a foundation

well feminism is the new punk, so theres that.

Ridiculous how many times I listen to this and some songs still don't stick with me

It just flies through one ear and right out the other

reaction to the pussy-drenching sound and massive popularity of limp bizkit