This album is so good that the only reason it's not a Sup Forums essential is because the cover art sucks so bad

This album is so good that the only reason it's not a Sup Forums essential is because the cover art sucks so bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5GnLohLP_y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

idk that cover is decent. swans is trash though

this post is terrible

worse cover by the swans and the swans are good

Hahaha holy shit is that a sprite taken from a PS2 game?

I love Swans and I've never understood the praise for CoG. It's by far their least interesting album sonically, IMO.

It's where their goth rock/post punk phase started

i feel like that's because sftb is already there and really any artist not named radiohead probably wouldn't get 2 on most charts made
that album isn't that great though, very overhyped, not the best of their post punk era

DUDE SEX GOD SEX LMAO

Honestly, I only enjoyed this for the first few times I listened to it, but I can't stand it now. This is the usual trend for a band's most accessible album

this

Yeah, but it occupies this half-assed space in between the gothic/post-punk stuff and their earlier noise stuff that it does neither as well as the albums that came before and after it.

the great annihilator is more accessible i think

the cover art is the only good thing about it

the music is all
"hurr darkness of christ"
"durr mysterious ways"
"nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrr ahm gira"

I love the cover and the album. But most most swans covers aren't great

the album cover would be sick if it wasn't for that retarded little guy in the middle

The album shits itself after In My Garden

The live album is better.

youtube.com/watch?v=5GnLohLP_y8

that album cover is awesome wtf are you talking about?

That cover art is awesome if you don't look at the thing in the middle. You can't see it clearly anyway.

Maybe best Swans album. Definitely top 3

I like it a lot but I wouldn't call it the best swans, everything they tried to do in it they did better on the great annihilator