Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping Never Starts at the Box Office

>Lonely Island's well-received Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping made. The cameo-studded comedy failed to find an audience, bringing in only $4.6 million, which is barely $500,000 more than MacGruber made its opening weekend six years ago
vulture.com/2016/06/popstar-never-starts-at-the-box-office.html

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8UZ1oPt2FVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

didn't know it existed til I saw threads on Sup Forums

poor marketing?

>well-received

In what sense? Reliably available for same-day delivery on blockbuster.com?

Shitty advertising.
People are basically over Lonely Island.
Andy Samberg is only enjoyed in his cop show now.
It looked like shit.

Take a pick! They're all true!

Andy Samberg was on Comedy Bang Bang last week. He got drunk and barely mentioned the movie. When he did, he almost sounded embarrassed.

Those liberal hipster blogger faggots who believe they are critics because they are in RT no only give this good reviews, their "core audience" for this kind of movie just pirate movies, don't go to cinemas.

These movies sucks and deserve to be fucking buried with shit alongside those retards who infect film criticism nowdays.

Lazy Sunday was 2009. I didn't realize it had been that long. Why wait until now to make a movie?

With critics

Good. Maybe this unfunny Jew will go away now.

This.

First time I heard of this was via a Spotify ad two days ago. I thought it was just another Lonely Island album, which I wasn't interested in because their last one was shit and they haven't done anything funny since leaving SNL and Brooklyn Nine-Nine is horrible.

Lazy Sunday was 2006. He made an okay movie the next year.

>making a parody of Never Say Never fucking five years after it came out

Filmmakers need to stop doing this. If you're going to make a sequel or a parody to something, you've got about a two year window before everyone has moved on completely.

I saw this.

Any fan of Lonely Island or someone who hates Justin Bieber will like the movie.

2006? Jesus!

It looks like a Bollywood movie from afar.

Oh, yeah. They did that rap video with Natalie Portman around the same time, right?

Hasnt every film from Lonely Island flopped?

It was ok.

Eric Andre was the best part.

You are right

Lazy Sunday was 2005 bro. Even older. I remember that shit from freshman year of high school.

why dont u watch the superior pop film?

youtube.com/watch?v=8UZ1oPt2FVk

Could care less how "funny" supposedly this movie is. I refuse to watch anything with Andy Samberg in it.