Let's just forget about all the other problems you'd expect, like crime and zika...

Let's just forget about all the other problems you'd expect, like crime and zika. The main reason this Olympics feels so disappointing is the empty stands, it's ridiculous. There's no atmosphere at all. I think I'm watching a heat instead of a final because there's nobody there and nobody cheering. Brazil should've realized that foreigners weren't going to fill up the seats because of all of the concerns about going to Brazil.

Why not just sell extra tickets to Brazillians for dirt cheap? Or even give them away for free just to fill the stands up? It's depressing to watch

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_Czech_Republic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_de_Janeiro_(state)
japantimes.co.jp/sports/2016/08/18/olympics/summer-olympics/japanese-fans-shrug-off-crime-zika-rio-look-forward-tokyos-turn/#.V7Yg9Clrjow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>crime and zika
We're not florida. We also know how to properly use a bathroom. And we don't pour tar on turf. Neither we let a nigger in a cave throw planes on our buildings. Neither is our population obese. Nor our fans go dooping mental.

well you shouldn't host the Olympics in a country that doesn't know sports besides soccer exist.

>Brazil should've realized that foreigners weren't going to fill up the seats because of all of the concerns about going to Brazil.
Brazil doesn't sell the tickets nor sets the prices.

It's the middle of winter, people are working, not on holidays, and tickets to just about anything cost 3-12x what people usually pay for football tickets. Besides, +90% of tickets WERE sold, it's just that people watch 1-2 events of a 8-hour event marathon, then leave (foreigners too).

Talk to the IOC about all that. Had they cut ticket prices by 4 and divided tickets by individual events instead (i.e. no back-to-back beach volleyball matches for 6hs), the stadiums would be full. China had the same problem, but they had a fuckton of people.

AND last but not least it's Murka's fault too. NBC DEMANDED events set late at night, and the IOC complied. Don't expect volley/beach volley stands full at 1am.

Just watch any competition in which there is a Brazilian and you will feel differently. Been only watching Brazilian athletes and everything looks fine, it's a matter of perspective :^)

We don't have such thing as "soccer".

No idea what you're doing m8. I'm just pointing out the other shit that gets brought up all the time and saying that isn't even the main problem with this Olympics. Chill. Athletes have been robbed, that's a fact. It's to be expected though. Don't be mad at facts, it's just the way it is

>Why not just sell extra tickets to Brazillians for dirt cheap? Or even give them away for free just to fill the stands up?

Terrorism.

fuck nbc

Forgot the illegal ticket sales. A lot of foreigners and Brazilians are being arrested for it.

Try to buy a ticket for any event on the official website and you'll find most of them already sold-out. Because corrupt committee executives and other crooks of every nationality buy or are awarded the tickets to resell at a higher price, and Brazilians being both poorer and more savvy to it than first worlders refuse to pay 400 reais for last row seats.

you know (((why)))

Even during the soccer matches with Brazilians playing the stadiums were only half full. Attendence have been pretty much the worst ever in the Olympics.

>were only half full
BS.

>Why not just sell extra tickets to Brazillians for dirt cheap?

because no one wants to go, even for free. I know I wouldn't waste my time that way, especially considering it takes 2 hours to get from the center of the city to Barra, which would be spent standing up on a bus/subway, and a lot of games end near midnight.

IOC corruption. The opening cerimony tickets that were supposed to be sold for $180 were going for about $4000, some Irish IOC figure just got arrested over it.

Nope.

Mfw 50% of the people in rio live with 1$ a day and government spends 10 billion on the stadiums

Must feel good to work 3 months for that 1 crazy prized ticket

>shit's happening in the fucking afternoon/night of a winter weekday
>"wtf why are the stands empty i hate brazil now?"

ok man whatever the fuck you say

>watching USA v Serbia
>they boo everytime the US scores
>they cheer loudly when Serbia wins
>watching gymnastics
>they applaud when some kankermongol falls flat on his face

Honestly when it comes to Brazil I'd prefer silence

Athletics attendance was disappointing. A shame.

Field Hockey was always empty, but it's a VERY outside sport, there were no ways to fill.

Other events were normal. Lower on prelims, fuller on decisive and packet when home country plays.

This. I read somewhere that Fencing finals got 84% of occupancy, unthinkable in Brazil before.

I'm just saying it's a disaster. I'm not saying it's the people of Brazil's fault. It's just an all around disappointment. It's the fucking Olympics and it looks less exciting than a high school track meet

>Brazil this Brazil that

Rio has shit to do with scheduling and ticket prices, you fucking mong, they only provide the venues and transportation. I can't understand why the IOC thought having the Olympics after the school holidays were over, with average tickets as high as 100 dollars was a good idea

>some Irish IOC figure just got arrested over it.
Just another tidbit that's been whitewashed for these games. Haven't heard about that at all.

Pure bs, gdp per capita in the State of Rio is on par with the Czech Republic. Even with all the inequality nobody can survive with less than 1$ day.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_Czech_Republic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_de_Janeiro_(state)

>esides, +90% of tickets WERE sold,

that accounts for the amount sold by the IOC to agencies, not directly to fans. And it was less than 90%.
Lots of tourist agencies got fucked by this scam of an Olympics.

Table Tennis men team final was beatiful because there were so many chinese and japanese mixed in the crowd.

A lot of japanese flags signed with messages from people they met during the events.

I think this type of atmosphere people is missing, but there was no way to bring so much tourists to pack other venues. Press was too bad, and even so, most tourists are scared to leave confort for a less secure country.

Media fear mongering affected a lot of shit here.

Ironically people that are here are fine despite everything. I've meet a lot of tourists that said that media is just overreacting.

The thing is the tickets were almost all sold. The problem is international media talked so much uninformed shit about zika that scared gringos off. No one should be worried about zika in brazil outside summer, since mosquitos are gone. Not a single zika case has been reported for months. The prices are not set by brazillians, if it was they would be know better. With those price, no one should expect the stadiums to be filled by brazillans to sports that we usually dont care about. Most brazillians are smart enough to not pay for expensive prices. They need every bit of money to important shit because of the economic crisis we are going through. the IOC is dumb.

>2013 data

BRL devalued more than 50% between 2014 and 2016.

i was in rio a week ago and i've met several foreigners who said a lot of people they knew cancelled their trips because of the zika meme

so, if you want to blame anyone on the low attendances, it goes:
IOC > international media > brazil's economic recession

There is no excuse for not filling all the seats, op is right.
And yes the atmosphere is everything.

>as high as 100 dollars
I actually went to Rio for some events. The experience was 10/10. About occupancy, this is what I saw (I'll tell prices in dollars and not in reais):

>Boxing
Bought the best tickets (the only ones available at the time) for 40 dollars. Arena around 75% full. No Brazilians competing.

>Table Tennis
Bought the best tickets (same thing) for 24 dollars. Arena around 85% full. No Brazilians competing.

>Athletics
Bought the second least expensive tickets for 100 dollars. Stadium around 70% full, but it was because it was a Saturday night. The C and D zones were almost full for the cheaper tickets, while the A and B zones had a lot of empty seats, which makes it look a lot less full in total since they're on focus of the international broadcast the most. Some Brazilians competing.

There is definetely something going on with Athletics tickets and the IOC, and I think this should be looked at.

>full stadiums
>more booing
>more rustled jimmies

>people cancelling trips to Rio because of Zika

Give me a plane ticket to rio, two weeks off work and all the tickets for free and I'll attend as many as I can, chief

OH BOY LET'S SEE HOW THE HUES TALK THEMSELVES OUT OF THIS ONE LADS

It's OIC fault, or the Rio 2016 comittee fault.
If you tried buying tickets they were shown as sold out for everything that was interesting and now the tickets are all empty.
Probably because of tickets given to sponsors too.

Monkeys officially on suicide watch.

>in the meantime in Japan
japantimes.co.jp/sports/2016/08/18/olympics/summer-olympics/japanese-fans-shrug-off-crime-zika-rio-look-forward-tokyos-turn/#.V7Yg9Clrjow

We don't know soccer either, pissman.
It's called football and it's one of our worst sports on the last 8 years.

>implying
were you there?

>american education

>>It's called football
>caring about how things are called in a foreign language
wew lad

>olympic final in 2012
>win confecup in 2013
>make semis in wc 2014
>olympic final, maybe gold in 2016
>our worst sports
not really, the problem is you're a bunch of entitled faggots

It's called football everywhere besides America because they think a game played with foots and balls is soccer and one played with hands and and egg is football

The Brazilian team after 2002 has been objectively shitty, getting to semifinals doesn't mean shit if you can't win anything worth a damn in 10 years

So what? It's just an English word. No reason to get triggered.

why does japan consistently have the best tourists

>tons of casuals bought tickets to the women's volleyball final thinking it would be a guaranteed win
>Brazil got BTFO in the quarter-final
>now they are desperate trying to sell them and have no interesting in watching a volleyball final between two foreign countries

I bet a good chunk of them won't find a buyer and won't bother showing up

If i liked that boring sport i would be triggered. Football is boring af with the low amount of goals every match.

It was on the News at Ten I think or at least some sort of televised news so not the case here.

>legitimate point about a Brazilian deficiency is raised
>an assblasted huemonkey brings up hyperbolic irrelevance

Every single time gentoomen

>zika
>legitimate

>lots of good reasons discussed in the thread
>picks the most retarded comment to bash

Every single time

>Welcome to Hell signs
I remember that.

>zika

Over-memed, I agree, but as late as May Rio was reported to have 3x the national average of diagnosed cases

But that wasn't my point, my point was that the OP was specifically dismissing those over-memed concerns to bring up a legtitimate disappointment in the way tickets and attendance have been handled. You lot reacted in a predictably overly defensive manner, but I guess I can't blame you since you've taken a lot of unfair shit

Stop making retarded posts and I won't point them out

>3x the national average of diagnosed cases
Thats still super low
Still i have no idea why its so empty, my guess is people didnt want to come because the foreign media demonized everything about rio for months before the olympic and that people here dont care enough about all those ''sports''
Thats all i can say

>low amount of goals
>boring
thats what makes it exciting. that every goal matters a lot and people go crazy when it happens. instead of basketball where every 30 seconds there is a basket. I would rather watch a low scoring sport than a high scoring one.

>bringing sports that mostly aren't known let alone popular in bananaland
>people are only used to football and don't know proper etiquette for these sports
>international media rightfully slamming brazil left and right
No wonder fucking stadiums are empty, who thought this was a good idea?

this is how all those foreign travel rape comics happen

they need to get first hand experience before they can truly show us suffering

Eduardo''Just bants bro" Paes

Imagine this board if the stadiums were full of brazilians on 11 am

>wtf fucking huezilians monkeys don't they have jobs? fucking pricks