Every Frame A Painting

You are now aware that Tony Zhou makes almost 6500 dollars for every kino dissection video essay of his.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tonyszhou/status/543154533656825857
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And I doubt he'd even use a term as cringeworthy as "kino"

Y'all don't deserve him, t b h.

>makes money off mouth breathing retards by making shallow pretentious videos with a high-school level understanding of film theory

Is he the God of Kino?

>with a high-school level understanding of film theory
Honestly thats still leaps ahead of your average you tube reviewer.

I like his videos fine, they attempt to be informational and generally focus on positives over negatives.

How often does he put a video out though? Its kind of a whenever i feel like it release schedule.

Once a month, it always seemed like to me.

>Takes a bunch of commentary tracks, behind the scenes features
>edits them together
>gets paid money for this

Nothing he says is new. It's just repeating what the people who made it said. Watch the Jackie Chan vid. It's mostly just Jackie explaining his own films.

>High school level film theory

They don't teach film in high school numb nuts. How would there even be such a thing? Maybe if he only dissected the metaphors, but he clearly knows much more than that. Stop trying to pretend you know anything.

> kino
> cringeworthy

Does this nigga know anything, like at all, on cinema ?

Surely a marvelfag

you definitely look like this

He does some good videos, but every now and then one slips through the cracks that feels like he started panicking after staring at a blank Google doc for too long and so he just started writing utter shit, never once stopping to read back over it.

I know that the general population is simple, but it still never ceases to amaze me how big of a channel he has. His videos provide even less insight than an entry-level film school class, to the point that anyone with even a skin-deep understanding of what goes behind making a motion picture would roll their eyes at the trite that Tony passes off as deep and insightful """video essays""".

They actually do in places like Houston and New York City that actually matter.

I just had some gourmet Taco Bell. It washed it down with some premium Evian kinowater.

i see the truth triggers the plebs

You neckbeards are so easy

Its a shitskin meme
don't be rude pls

I'm pretty sure everyone on this board looks like that.

>May 12, 2016
>Feb 25, 2016
>Dec 30, 2015
>Nov 21, 2015
>Sep 13, 2015
>Jul 16, 2015
>May 29, 2015
>May 7, 2015
>Mar 31, 2015
>Mar 19, 2015
>Jan 30, 2015
>Jan 28, 2015
>Dec 2, 2014
>Oct 28, 2014
>Oct 14, 2014
>Oct 1, 2014
>Sep 9, 2014
>Aug 15, 2014
>Jul 24, 2014
>Jul 3, 2014
>Jun 14, 2014
>May 26, 2014

[quote]File: tonyzhou.png (310 KB, 1169x231)
310 KB
Every Frame A Painting Anonymous 06/07/16(Tue)01:26:31 No.70519966▶ You are now aware that Tony Zhou makes almost 6500 dollars for every kino dissection video essay of his.[/quote]

He deserves more, to be honest. I consider myself a film buff but he teaches me something new in every video.

I would love for him to do a clip about a signature feature from the one and only Quentin Tarantino's work.

kinokino

his Kurosawa video was literally him describing 'shapes' for 5 minutes

This kind of post is essentially an admission that you've been wholly flustered

Don't forget his "quadrants" video, which I'm still not even sure why he thinks that's something other than basic composition.

i dont

and that's not counting the money he gets from youtube ads.

seriously though, if I could live comfortably making elementary videos that impress underage highschoolers and pretentious hipsters who lack even the most basic knowledge of film, i'd obviously do it in a heartbeat, and so would all of you.

Nor do I

no its not

Sure buddy

I drive

I don't know where you live but at my high school they did offer a film class. Dissecting metaphors was a small part of what we did, but for the most part the class was about the filmmaking. We analyzed story and plot, shot composition (mise en scene), cinematographic techniques, all of that good stuff. It wasn't advanced by any means which is why you're an idiot if you actually believe every frame a painting isn't at the shite tier level of high-school film. He clearly does not know much about anything and the stuff he talks about is so incredibly shallow. This is obvious to anyone that knows even the slightest bit about film theory, not saying I know everything, but you clearly know fuck all.

And you are now aware he's one massive fucking SJW

lol

Well when you shill your channel on Sup Forums pretty much every day of the week how can you not have that many views/subs.

not your buddy, dude

One of the biggest signs that someone is a complete pseudo intellectual moron, is the constant misuse of the word "trite".

REAL HUMAN BEINGS

it was clearly a typo from 'tripe' you pseudo intellectual moron

FYI trite isn't a noun

im sure he said nigger once

it obviously wasn't. I see this shit all the time, people use it to try and belittle someone else's work and they don't actually know how the word works. You'd need fucking massive retard hands, or a tiny retard brain to use t instead of p.

but he talks about all those things to some extent or another, he just chooses to focus mainly on editing-based stuff.

>editing is... editing
>to get better at editing you need to... practice
WEW

>Supporting a SJW

Rob Ager is superior but too bad he's full jew

>Animu posters
Kill yourself weeb

Channel Criswell is good shit

>being this triggered

lel, stop promoting your channel here Tony

Why do liberals always use strawmen?

>Rob Ager is superior

>lol kubrick was never wrong!!!!

you just know reddit laps this shit up

>plebs all go on about every frame a painting
>tfw watching patrician youtube film analysis channels and vimeo videos with actual analysis and understanding of film that isn't the equivalent of "le camera moves, omfg art XD".

feels pretty damn good man

>if something isn't complex it's somehow pretentious

Sure, some of his videos, like the chair one, are trash and reaching for the straws but others often have an interesting simple point to watch out for, like Jackie Chan and Michael Bay ones.

Stop fucking shilling your channel, you fucking faggot

share them frogposter

*tips fedora*

He deserves a lot more money to be honest.

>what makes a good shot?
>is it color, movement, framing?
>I believe that it's a combination of all these elements
>today we will be looking at the cinematography of BLACKED
>the way the cinematographer framed the long black cocks penetrating those pure tiny white pussies is remarkable

lol

Reminder if you subscribe to this asshole you're literally cancer

twitter.com/tonyszhou/status/543154533656825857

holy shit I'm unsubscribing. I can't have someone supporting something I personally don't support.

>deconstructs kino and btfos MRAs

BASED

Holy shit. And the replies. Kill me.

He'll probably get sued sometime soon.

lol i get the same vibe sometimes

some of his videos are good, but others seemed like he just didn't have an idea of what to do so he just forced a video, like bsing an essay

i don't watch anime