Do you like Panamá?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_crisis_of_1885
youtube.com/watch?v=4E7gL0skyAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0NCs6H9Dzc
youtube.com/watch?v=rUTirIk75vg
youtube.com/watch?v=BjqGuyPEHsU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes I do, I don't know much about it though, but one day I will take the time to learn more I promise.

Absolutely.

Yes. Awesome country, the best in central america

Here, I will show you the basics:

The most important part and the one that produces almost all of the GDP is the interoceanic region (Around the canal):
>Provinces of Panamá, Colón, and Panamá Oeste.
>The canal.
>Logistic hub (Ports in both oceans, Train that connects both ports, Highway that connects both oceans).
>Hub de las Americas (Aeropuerto de Tocument, home of Copa Airlines).
>Financial services (Financial center with more than 90 banks).
>The only mayor city in the country (Ciudad de Panamá)
>More than half of the population lives here.

Coclé:
>Cool province with somewhat mountainous regions and nice beaches.
>Penonomé is the capital of the province with somewhat cool weather.
>Antón is near the beaches. The Valle de Antón is a small town with a mountainous weather.
>Natá and Aguadulce are other important towns in the province.

Azuero:
>Provinces of Herrera and Los Santos are the more Hispanic with a population of mainly European ancestry.
>The economy here is based on livestock.
>Even thought, with the exception of a few towns, life is rural; standards of living are pretty high here.
>Chitré, capital of Herrera, is the biggest city in Azuero.
>La Villa de Los Santos is small town in Los Santos with great historical importance.
>Las Tablas, capital of Los Santos.
>Pedasí is a very touristic town with beautiful beaches.
>Guararé is another interesting town in Los Santos.

Veraguas:
>Only province with two oceans.
>They have mountainous regions.
>They have a lot of livestock going on here.
>It´s capital and largest town is Santiago.
>Second largest town is Soná
>San Francisco de la Montaña is a small town in mountainous Veraguas, with a beautiful baroque church.

Chiriquí:
>Best highlands in the country.
>David, the capital, is one of the biggest towns outside the interoceanic region.
>Some mountain towns include Boquete, Cerro Punta, and Volcán.
>They used to have a railroad network, but not anymore.

Boca del Toro:
>They have some of the best beaches.
>Beautiful islands. 10/10 must visit.
>Also used to have a railroad network, but not anymore.

Darien and the comarcas:
>Don not go in here.
>Except for Kuna Yala. The beaches are worth it.

T-thanks,
AmeriBro and ChileanBro.

Hey, thanks user, love you

Love you too

Panamá is right Chilean clay
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_crisis_of_1885

Thank you Chile.

It would be okey by me if we get annexed to Chile. As long as we have some sort of autonomy anyways.

Dunno, Central America seems to have really high crime rates, so I assume Panama is as bad as the other surrounding countries.

It's the world's first ever literal narcostate, so I find it, at the least, interesting.

Panama gave us based Mo, so yes.

hmmm
Panamá's murder rate in 2016 was 9,3 per 100 mil inhabitants.

Panama and Costa Rica aren't all that bad. Nicaragua/Guatemala/Honduras/El Salvador are basically warzones.

I know literally nothing about Belize, other than the fact that the country is called "Belize", so I'm not sure what's going on there.

That's Colombia, I guess.

Give us the canal back.....NOW!

We don't really want the canal. Think about it, with the canal under US control:

1. US ships can move through it freely
2. Angry Panama citizens attack it on a regular basis

With the canal under Panama control

1. US ships can move through it freely

Kind of a no-brainer.

Thanks God for Jimmy Carter.

I don't know if he's famous in Panama or not, but the only person from Panama who is really famous in America is Mariano Rivera. All Yankees fans love this guy. Absolute god of a player. The only guy cool enough to wear Jackie Robinson's number, he was one of the original "core four" of the Yankees along with Jeter/Pettite/Posada who led the team to 5 WS titles and 7 AL titles. Absolute beast, I idolized him when I was a kid, dreamed of getting to do what he did, even learned how to throw a cutter because he used it so well.

youtube.com/watch?v=4E7gL0skyAQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0NCs6H9Dzc

youtube.com/watch?v=rUTirIk75vg

Yeah, man, I live in a warzone. I can"tgo out unless I take my shotgun along.
Please, never come, NEVER.

Yeah, he's a very known and celebrated personality here. I am not, personally, a sport´s fan. But Panamá is one of the only latin countries where Baseball is as important or even more s, than football.

Give back our Canal

Jimmy Carter was a mistake

I'm sorry for calling your country a warzone (this was me ). I've actually visited El Salvador before, and I have zero bullet wounds to show for it, my only real problem was that a lot of people in your country couldn't understand my Cuban accent. But still, the murder rate in El Salvador is absurdly high, and there were areas that we were strongly advised to avoid. It's not a safe country, relative to what I'm used to,

We don't need to own the canal....Panama allows our ships, like all other ships, to travel freely through the canal. And that's all we really want. The people of Panama aren't stupid, they understand how important the canal is to their economy and they won't risk damaging it. Jimmy Carter was smart to give it back to Panama, because it made the USA look nice and anti-colonial without harming us in any way.

One of my coworkers is from Panama. We teach English at our college. He's always encouraging me to look into teaching English in Panama instead, and aside from that I really like talking to him and have lots of respect for him.

So, based on this person, I really do like Panama.

Any Panamanians here want to continue talking me into teaching there? I'm open to the possibility; I'll be leaving this December.

Yes, you are a neat little country that let us build a neat little canal.

We already build a new one.

sorry, not you.
him

You actually are not an evil empire (like comuis like to think) after all. The US just looks after its interest the same way any other country would. The only difference is that the US have way more power to do so.

Sure, Panamanians need to learn more english for sure. Only make sure to make your research and you should be okay.

>Most panamenias are deficient in english.
>English is a very important tool if one wants to aspire on geting a good job, here in Panamá.

I can't fucking believe that Noriega is finally at home after decades.

no joking, i'm watching the news right now

What kind of salary/standard of living do you think I'd get?

Countryside

Yeah man, they said in the news he is arrogant af.

>Implying Trump isn't going to honor the Hay-Bunau-Varilla Treaty

>warzone
You obviously have never been here so please keep your uninformed opinions with you, you only make us look worse than we truly are.

Fuck you panamanigger, I like my country.

Please calm down Blue Peru

When people stop spitting bullshit I will.

Remind me to stay out of your way.

WTF I HATE PANIMA NOW

Ok, Public schools pay better (600$-750$ monthly) but it is harder to get in. You need an official diploma accrediting you as a teacher. You will also be placed in areas of hard access like comarcas and such at first. Then you can move to more urban areas. Also you would get some privilages as a public employ.

The other option would be working with a private school. You would have the freedom of choose what school you want to teach on, and the area you whant to work in. You would potentially get pay less than in public schools, tho.

A third option would be to work independently. You would need to find your own clients and make your own classroom. It could potencially have a tough start, but I have a aunt that have been teaching spanish and english to korean here for a while now, and she charges arround 70$ an hour.

Sorry, GuatemalaBro. Your country is beautiful with great landscapes and awesome mayan ruins. But you have serious violence problems to solve.

Why?

I don't like non countries

>Not liking your own country.
>Sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=BjqGuyPEHsU

Literally just propped up by America so we could stick a canal through you. Don't get too proud

>considering buying panamanian residence for the low one time cost of 15k USD
>drive from the atlantic to the pacific in canada, 6 long days
>drive from the atlantic to the pacific in panama, one hour

take that back

all of the real wealthy drug lords keep some of their money in panama, government and them work together to keep the peace

go to his house and play rock music real loud

Panama is nice, is our best neighbor country