What if it's actually good?

What if it's actually good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1GiLxkDK8sI
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yCj8sPCWfUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it'll be a semi decent 6/10 remake nostalgia cash grab
nobody wanted them to make it, and especially nostalgia nerds. so when people starting complain and they cried everybody was being a sexist white male they shot themselves in the foot
all the hate the movie has gotten is their own fault

if it's good, there will be like 3 or 4 "apologize" threads, and then no one will talk much about it on here again.

How could it be possible that the movie is good when the trailers are so terrible? What movie was ever good but had awful trailers full of the movie's moments? Trailers are supposed to sell the movie on the movie's BEST parts, not worst.

The only way it'll be good is if the trailers, somehow, highlight the worst parts and portray the entire movie in the wrong light. Which I doubt.

The characters, effects and story all seems awful. At best it'll be a minor box office success and forgotten in september.

I actually find Kate McKinnon to be really funny. I'm hoping that she can really shine in this and get more parts. If it's good then it will be largely due to her.

It is.

Sup Forums will pirate it them meme the shit out of it regardless, and thats all that matters.

There would be a few "apologize" threads, a few threads collecting as many nitpicks as possible to justify a disproportionately bad rating, but mostly a lot of butthurt silence.

the same thing happened to a few of those other remake movies, like Total Recall and Robocop

everyone hated them hardcore before they came out, then the movies were just ok and not total dogshit, and everyone forgot about it in a few weeks

granted, obviously the sperglords here are more butthurt about the woman angle so maybe it will continue to be a meme for much longer but i hope not

the directors previous track record is Spy, The Heat and Bridesmaids.
now remove the R rated jokes from those movies. anything left?

Ghostbusters, thats what.

>float into the abyss

>fantastic four reboot
>good

Oh, I'm sure it's a masterpiece, that's they've been attacking the fanbase and anyone who disagrees with them.

Paul Feig is a one trick pony whose "specialty" is crude vagina humor. he cant do this for Gashbusters so he's literally got nothing to bring to the table. a terrible decision by the Studio to hire him.

I doubt it and I don't care, I'm not going to watch it, I didn't watch the Total Recall remake, I didn't watch the BoboCop remake and I sure as fuck am not going to watch the Ghostbusters remake, I refuse.
>iRefuse

One on the right looks like she'd be absolutely insanely fun once you got a dick inside her.

I would entertain the idea that the controversy was intentional in order to save on marketing costs. But has any film ever bounced back from miserable PR prior to release? But I think this is new territory. The amount of absolute hostility surrounding the project from both sides has reached pretty astounding levels.

Then I'm pleasantly surprised and get to watch a good film.

FF made $160 million on a $120 million budget. The Ghostbusters reboot might be backed by the feminist dollar. Could be hope for it yet.

Why are they remaking good movies?

All we saw in the trailer, she is disgusting and doesn nothing but make you cringe.

I don't think it's possible for a movie with trailers that awful to be good.

So, have you preordered your ticket for this vast improvement on a shitty boy's club genre film, or are you a misogynist manbaby who will never have sex?

You sound bitter bro

this

Best case scenario after those trailers is that its just mediocre.

Didn't the second one get shot at Cincinatti zoo last weekend?

What's interesting is that I think everybody has now gotten over the pandering quality of this being a gender bending twist gimmicky movie and see it for what it is. Shit. The fact that it has an all-female headlining cast has become irrelevant now.

I've watched comedy over the years and noticed how at the turn of the millennium, the concept of it became wooden, obnoxious, stagy and worst of all, frothy.

All the way up to the 1970's, comedy on TV or in the movies was very stagy but it was well written and acted for the most part. During the 70's and 80's comedies started becoming sentimental and irreverent. This was the golden age of comedy when comedy got it right. During the 90's, comedy began to lose its footing. Acting dopey and doing dopey things became commonplace, hence the overrated Simpsons, all the Adam Sandler, Jim Carrey and Chris Farley films. Parodies like In Living Color, MAD TV while not entirely original seemed the last vestige for any sort of good laughs.

During the 2000's, comedy was at its worst. Shows like That 70's Show, Malcolm in the Middle, all the Disney and Nickelodeon kids shows, pretty much any comedy from this era was just terrible. The Dave Chappelle Show, South Park and arguably Family Guy felt like remnants from the 90's because they were just that good. Even Adult Swim being tryhard bizzaros with Aqua Teen Hunger Force while successful nobody honestly can think this shit is genuinely funny unless you're a stoner retard.

In the 2010's, shit just got worse. Pewdiepie was considered funny because he makes stupid noises and talks over video games. The only thing left that is funny from this time are late night TV talk shows like Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Kimmel (but they're old school comedians so they still know what USED to be funny). The zenith of comedy is when movies now like Ghostbustettes all appear to have the tempo and rhythm of a TV sitcom, a bum episode of Hannah Montana or iCarly.

What if I watched the original at least once a week growing up and know all the scenes inside out. This can't be good.

Malcolm in the middle is great you tryhard fag

Don't talk shit about Malcolm in the Middle, it doesn't belong with the other shows you mentioned.

The fact that there's an ooga booga and land whale as main characters prevents it from being good

Lol look at this retard

>FF made $160 million on a $120 million budget.

That's $160 for worldwide box offices, fool. That doesn't mean the studio got $160 million.

If anything they got less than their budget back.

>How could it be possible that the movie is good when the trailers are so terrible?
that's happened before, here's an example
youtube.com/watch?v=1GiLxkDK8sI

the trailer makes the film look like a dumb romantic comedy

spy was really great even if you remove the r rated jokes

statham was fucking hilarious in it

Saw the original recently. It wasnt that great. Hasnt aged well, contains few jokes. Not much happens for most of the movie.

It really is nostalgia kicking in. Without it, newest movie is going to be objectively better and funnier despite it being a mediocre comedy.

>malcolm in the middle is shit
>but not family guy

lol

Nah, you just have shit taste. I'd rather have a few jokes that consistently land than a shitload of hit-or-miss jokes.

Spy would have been ok as a serious movie. the only good thing about the comedy aspect was the accordion joke. statham alone definitely came in a close second

No fucking chance.

Hes right.

I know how it works. Studios only keeps around half of the worldwide total. But most of the people who went to see FF in theaters were probably simply curious. Add the dollars of the curious with the dollars of feminists who will go see this to prove something and it might make more money than FF.

You're dumb lmao

Bill Murray is perfect

I agree with you about misleading trailers, though Eternal Sunshine isn't really a good example. There's an ere of mystery with what's going on, as well as only original footage and music that slightly is tonally different but not really lying about what the final movie is about.

With GB 2016 and other modern trailers, well I'm sure you wouldn't want to read about why it spoils everything. Here's my alternative:
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yCj8sPCWfUw

Yeah. Right. Keep shilling, jew.

I'm going to go see it with wife and kids. I've seen shittier movies, and if it is bad, afterwards we'll say how bad it was, if it was good we'll talk about how surprisingly good it was.

Sometimes a movie is just a movie, not Cinema.

>if it is bad, afterwards we'll say how bad it was

And puss out big time by not demanding your money back.

Fuck that. All you do is enable stinking jews to make more shitty movies to rob you with.

People like you are a big part of the problem.

If it is walk-out bad, I always get my money back.
Fucking Side Effects for example.

Watching the entire movie then demanding money back is like ordering a steak, eating it and saying it was le shit and you want your money.

Fucking snobs.

If it turns out to be decent, everyone who hates it will refuse to admit it because admitting they're wrong and taking back a previous stance is very demeaning to them since they're so insecure.

It's gonna be shit. People seem to have forgotten that excessive CGI kills comedy movies and part of the reason why Ghostbusters was such a surprise hit is that it proved to be the exception to that rule.
I don't think anyone involved in the reboot is talented enough to pull that off again. Hell, even the original cast didn't do that, their sequels sucked.

Don't you mean your wife and her kids?

They're still not getting my money. They blew that when sexism card kept getting played

>Watching the entire movie then demanding money back is like ordering a steak, eating it and saying it was le shit and you want your money.

No it isn't the same. If the steak makes you sick you can barf it up on the table and leave without paying. If the movie is bad, you're stuck with stupid nigger/jew images in your mind you can never get out.

>what if up=down

Bro my wife is literally going to drag me to the theatre on opening weekend to see this shit. Fuck

truth

>food analogy

BIll Murray is just one actor, he doesnt save the movie

The only joke you remember is

>this man has no dick

Thats it. Rest of the movie is shit. Watch it again without multitasking, I dare you!

You cant

FACT

>Saw the original recently. It wasnt that great.

yes

>newest movie is going to be objectively better and funnier despite it being a mediocre comedy.

still no

>Implying a fucking remake will be better than the original
The movie looks like shit, it has nothing to do with the actors being women or fat, it's stupid to remake something that is perfect the way it was made.
What's next, Back to the future, Big trouble in Little China, The Goonies, just stop no one wants to watch remakes of good movies, make something new.

Daily reminder people would sooner pick the bunny over this soulless ape.

I'll be sure to watch it twice, to make up for your absence ;)

>le racism meme
it's just a movie, calm down

This guy knows what the score is

I'm sure they're devastated that you're not watching lel

>le racism meme

Invented by jews.

Eat shit, plebbit.

I got a good laugh out of the joke where every time she gets an undercover identity it makes her look like an even bigger loser.

its all the same fatcat joke. by nature sure its funny but could have harder hitting jokes at her expense.

Thinking of Ghostbusters as a "comedy" is part of the reason we're in this shit situation to begin with

Ghostbusters is a supernatural adventure with quips for teenage boys. Its tone has more in common with something like a Marvel movie than Pixels or Bridesmaids

if they pulled that off would she die?

I agree with that one user and say that this feminist mudslinging to the point of random celebrities bashing an internet celebrity pretty much ruined everything.

THEN IF IT IS WE'LL GO TO KINO. PEACEFULLY, QUIETLY. WE'LL ENJOY IT.

But if it isn't. OP...you'll have saved the lives of a million shitposters.

>they cried everybody was being a sexist white male

>Nobody hates this movie for sexism
>For months Sup Forums has been crying about female lead cast and feminism destroying Ghostbusters.

Why do people here even pretend they are not sexist and racist? This is the board that still claims Star Wars is a flop because it's main protagonists are a black guy and a woman despite raking in like a billion dollars.

Pretty sure Sup Forums was playing the muh feminism card when they heard of a female Ghostbusters before Feig started playing the sexism card.

I we didn't want them playing the sexism card then we wouldn't be pulling shit like the Sad/Rabid Puppies.

>the autists at Sup Forums account for everybody
barely anybody knows this place exists and the ghost busters remake was getting shit when it was still in the works because nobody asked for it. you really think all the hate this movie is getting stems from Sup Forums alone? Jesus christ

Sorry, you're wrong.

Tyler has adorable eyebrows.

It will probably be commercially successful and positively received by critics, which is all that matters ultimately. I suppose you can attribute the dislike bar to a segment of the population not being excited for the movie, however only a very small percentage of viewers of those trailers so much as used the like or dislike button.

>Family Guy and Kimmel are good

I don't think we have to worry about this trashy film getting good reviews.

If Batman vs Superman can get the proper thrashing, and Turtles, and Apocalypse...there's a lot here to hate and destroy.

>8257px tall reddit screencap

>film will get bad reviews because it's shit
>film can't get bad reviews because the Matriarchy won't let it
I know Sup Forums isn't a monolith but make up your goddamn minds

What if it's not good?

It's way wider than Sup Forums, see

Personally I try to have more faith in the world.

I hope, anyway.

I wonder if we're going to get Amazing Spider-Man 2 levels of product placement.

>>For months Sup Forums has been crying about female lead cast and feminism destroying Ghostbusters.

The complaint is doing a gender swap as if that was inherently better, and then making it clear that the entire movie is just a vehicle for a political campaign about feminism.

If you doubt that go read the fucking Sony leaks emails where they make that clear.

That you think this is the same as hating it because it stars women is a key indicator of your missing neurons.

She's been dead for a while.

I can't remember who said it first, but this is basically gonna be the DmC of movies.

I like that they have stripes over their tits

SO YOU LOOK AT THEIR BOOBS

Spoiler its not good.

What does that even mean? Why are there so many Sup Forums cross posters here lately?

I don't get it.

Thats the point. Ghostbusters had subtle humor. The dialouge between all the characters made it entertaining. You dont need to be hit constantly over the head with "jokes" and thats exactly what this new one is doing. The comedy was just the idea that 4 regular guys were actually capturing ghosts.

No it's going to be SJW Shlock like Neighbours 2 was

Who are you replying to?

What if it's not?

What if it's so irredeemably bad that every single publication claiming it'll be good has to call it bad?