So is Weezer not shit anymore?

So is Weezer not shit anymore?

No, they're just less shit than before.

Weezer gave me hope with this album. Saw them live, fucking incredible.

I hope they figured themselves out and can make another good album again since this was pretty out of left field with how good it was.

I wish they would drop the self-titled [color] album schtick and give their albums actual names and artwork.

no it wasn't
the one before it was also better than anything they had done in years

yup

??? only 4 out of 10 of their albums are colored s/t

did you pay attention when listening to EWBAITE at all because that record made this one not a surprise
looks like artwork to me

EWBAITE is pretty good but the white album is even better somehow. It's almost as good as the hallowed two to me.

>did you pay attention when listening to EWBAITE at all because that record made this one not a surprise

This. Even if you think White is better EWBAITE was still their comeback album. I had strong deja vu because the reactions to White last year almost completely mirrored the reactions to EWBAITE in late 2014. But somehow everyone forgot in less than 2 years.

EWBAITE was better

>But somehow everyone forgot in less than 2 years.

Or ya know, maybe people just have a different opinion than you?

I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU

Huh? I'm not even factoring my opinion into it. I'm just saying that a majority hailed EWBAITE as a great comeback for Weezer. And then a year and a half later The White album had the same reaction and people acted like EWBAITE never existed.

I agree its better. The production on this one is fantastic when EWBAITE's was mediocre, and since Rivers isnt writing alongside pop writers (or just didnt credit them, if you're being cynical) the songwriting has tons more focus.

I wasn't a big fan until Death of False Metal. Before that they were just a boring Dinosaur Jr type band.

With DoFM they really expanded their sound and became a sonically interesting project. They havent replicated that again, but they were doing relatively good until this album

I didn't actually listen to EWBAITE, might as well since I'm desperate for Weezer albums worth listening to.

>Dinosaur Jr type band
you what

>Huh?

Go back to red dit you faggot

Ya know, boring power chord driven and generic alternative rock led by a sort of shy/geeky guy who can't really sing but makes it work anyway. Also he is shit at guitar but has no competition so he looks like a god

when i was going through pyschosis i thought this album was made by the US military and about nuking my home country

>power chord driven
as the rhythm? might be true but im not checking right now
>generic alternative rock
nothing from near or before the release Living All Over Me sounds anything like it with the sole exception of Sister by Sonic Youth
anything you hear that you think is generic was likely invented by J Mascis and crew

>implying Dinosaur JR did anything Husker Du, R.E.M. or The Replacements hadn't already done

Generic as fuck

yeah, they sound nothing like R.E.M. or Husker Du and only sound vaguely like the Replacements due to similar, older influences

Since when was generic a synonym for bad? Also, they're clearly peers with those bands but brought a different sound and style to the table. If you took their music and influence away things would be a lot different. If they were truly as generic as you say then that wouldn't be the case.

Will Weezer or Blink get the Grammy?

Rivers says the next album will be the Black album which gives me hope it's some sad depressing shit.

They are like pokemon now