Does anyone here think this is really dull?

Does anyone here think this is really dull?
Almost every high praise I see for it says "But its so influential!"
While that is important, there must seriously be something I'm missing because the whole thing just seems completely submerged in ignorance.

Like "Gary Johnson" dull

Yeah, it's something a lot of this album's fans seem to forget.

Yes, this album was influential, but it's gotten to the point where everything in it that was grondbreaking has been done and redone hundreds of times over.

You're not alone, OP. I feel it too.

I thought the same at first but I think it's an album that really grows on you.
White Light/White Heat is a lot more instant though. Much more "holy shit woah" value there.

It's definitely got some neat songs on it. So it's still pretty good. BUT, at the same time I don't think it's super fucking amazing god tier because every trick that's done on this record has been expanded into a lot more ever since.

It took me a dozen or so listens to get it.
I suppose you might just not be musically mature enough to understand? Try again after you've got a few more years of worldly experience and you might get it.

Almost anyone that defends European Son is talking out their ass

oh hey hey bye bye bye

It's my favorite album. I love listening to it.

I don't think it's dull but it's not an album I particularly crave listening to. There are some great tracks but as other anons said, all the genius on it has been done developed more fully in the coming decades (which is impressive in its own right).

What you said is what I thought at first, but after a few listens it became one favorite albums. It has nothing to do with how influential it is.

Fight me in real life you tiny cuckold bitch.

*of my

i dont give a rats ass about it and i cant stand lou "the hack" reed, but the production on this album is great, has lots of instrumentation and sound quirks, but its not invasive or overwhelming, its very well accomplished in that sense.

It's literally the greatest rock album ever made, along with White Light/White Heat. No, it wasn't "improved" or "developed" by other bands as all you plebs think. Nothing comes close to it.

>He doesn't enjoy listening to Sunday Morning, I'm Waiting For The Man, Femme Fatale, Venus In Furs, All Tomorrow's Parties, Heroin, There She Goes Again, I'll Be Your Mirror, The Black Angel's Death Song, or European Son
I pity you, really.

But the ideas were improved and developed based on it though. Shit compared to what the post-rock genre did, it's progenitor Heroin sounds like some kind of watered down pop post-rock.

I like the dandy warhols better

damn awful b8 but i guess it worked on someone

I don't know

I've been having the internal argument as to whether or not I actually like TVU as a band or as an influence

On the one hand, technically everyone saying everything that was done here has been refined significantly is correct, this was just first

On the other, White Light/White Heat and S/T have a lot of great songs between them, and there's a real chill vibe to this one as well

I don't know, is there a flip side where any of you genuinely like Velvet Underground as a just a band to listen to?

You don't have to be a condescending faggot whenever someone has a different musical opinion than you.
I love TVU&N. It's intense and catchy and just good music. But that doesn't mean you have to be an asshole if it doesnt strike the same chord with someone else.

Did you deliberately leave out only Run Run Run?

I really like the lou reed sung songs on it for all of their musical straight forwardness and open lyrics while I like the nico sung songs for their bleak atmosphere and experiments

I genuinely love this album because it sounds good on my ears. Regardless of its influence over music, it's still great fucking tunes.

>Heroin
>watered down pop post-rock
Wow fuck you

Well, it's all subjective t b h. I don't think Heroin sounds like "watered down pop post-rock". I like it for what it is. And I don't care what genres it influenced.

>different opinions than me = bait

I tried listening to Velvet Underground, they suck honestly..

Dull? this album has such a wide range of sounds, manages to bridge gaps between avant and popular rock all while reflecting seedy debauchery while being emotionally potent. Regardless of how influential it is, it still sound great and is a 10/10

>its literally the best rock album ever made...nothing comes close to it

>not bait

I agree with it.

given the acclaim of the record that doesnt seem out of the ordinary at all