ITT: Art/architectural eyesores in your cunt

ITT: Art/architectural eyesores in your cunt

the national library

God I fuckking hate LeCorbusier, horrible architecture, terrible urbanism, I really don't understand why he's so loved by architects

Been there a few years ago
Looks like a right mess on the outside,
Surprisingly comfy on the inside.

He's got some pretty good ideas actually, it's a bit like Picasso, you gotta go back to his early work and start working from there. This isn't to say all his works are succesful in terms of what he meanst to acomplish, in fact I'd argue many of his good intentions were drowned in concrete brutalism but it isn't as black and white.

Speaking of eyesores here;s a good way to wreck a traditional and iconic plaza.

Somebody post the "me of the current time" pic

The GIP has been informed of your IP address and subversive messages.

Whoever built this was probably playing Jenga.

this shit ruins the skyline, it's way too skinny

why is bullshit like this allowed?

from my city

That'd be pretty damn cool if it didn't look like it was colored in by a retard.

because like it or not, he (and others like him) made high quality housing (which means, with electricity, running water sanitation and natural lighting, and not the shitholes most people people were living 60 years ago) affordable and aviable to the public. His theories came handy when a fuckton of housing had to be built ASAP after WWII.

Of course everyone has their opinions about the actual "shape" of his buildings. I presonally like some of them, some others not so much. And he had some pretty fucking crazy ideas like razing the center of Paris to build apartment towers for 3 millon people.

are you serious? this is beautiful also how can it be an eyesore you can just not go near it
its not like its in the city

Is that even real? It looks fake as hell.

432 Park Avenue, finished some time ago. I think it's the first of a series of "pencil towers" to come to NY in a few years. If I'm not mistaken they are even going to build a 400m tall tower on a lot which is just 14 meters wide. Amazing from an engineering point of view.

yeah, a room is like 80 mil

>this disgusting vomit inducing piece of concrete
>beautiful

check your tastes

Looks like something from Gaudì

it looks so fragile! I mean, I'm sure it isn't, but it makes me uneasy seeing it.

Just what I was thinking. Looks like it would break during a storm.

It's like that so the next 9/11 will look much more convincing.

My dad literally stopped the car in the middle of the street blocking traffic and got out to take a couple of pictures, architects have really awful taste

That guy fucking triggers me.

It would be hilarious, except for the cost.

And then people get buttblasted when NIMBY's don't want shit like this

What was the name of that weird shaped building in London that reflects so much light that it melted the sidewalks?

Walkie-Talkie

All buildings in Funland look like this.

modern churches are the absolute FUCKING worst

>it's another "nu-males hate on brutalism" episode

I quite like the blue fish thing the rest are shit

the only real eye sore in this thread

Yep, and it's across the road to a beauty.

He's not lmao
Or at least he's very controversial

As a geologyfag I appreciate what they were going for but it doesn't look that great as a piece of architecture

>that Stalinist Christmas cake aesthetic
>that eye of Mordor at the top
>that complete disregard for the surrounding architectural aesthetic and disproportionate size

Poetry

an old university building

one of the better Hundertwasser buildings I think. The shape is pretty cool. Ruined by the retarded windows though

god damn that's big

Looks kinda cool, in a sort of 80's-90's dystopian scifi straight to video movie cool.

tsunami is an artist

bump

I actually like dancing house
I imagine it'd probably be different if I had to walk past it every day though

there's nothing wrong with this one

it's kitschy and fake af

This is the cathedral of Rio de Janeiro.

Say something nice about it!

Almost every grey commie block.

It looks like a commieblock version of The Tower of Babel.

Would feminists allow construction of a huge female leg in your country?

you can just tell them that this is a male leg

Reminds me of an old blast furnace desu

Looks like a volcano

it's like a muslim Big Ben

this bullshit

>Abraj Al Bait
>Al Bait

brutalism is comfy as fuck

Half of Brasilia desu

i honestly like these

2bh, the entirety of "Novi Zagreb"

I actually like this

nice meme have a
>(you)

At least there's nice open fields for roaming/sports.

You forgot to turn your proxy off, Sczezscny

Is that clocktower really that fucking big? Holy shit

Because he had actually well-thought out designs, intelligent way of creating spaces with a lot of consideration for whatever the purpose of the building was, the whole pillar structure was a novel thing when he made it popular, they actually look good compared to other brutalist lego blocks (yeah, the unite's are ugly from afar, but they're very intelligently thought out in other aspects)

you either hate or love brutalism but le corbusier wasn't ignoring the aesthetic side of it 2bh

Okay, but he made everything ugly as fuck.

People are living here. People have to see this every day because of him.

nah they're mostly used as places in between roads

looks like a less dense version of hong kong

well that dumb grey unpainted concrete does become depressing

at least they make up for it inside, the rooms are airy and well planned (the unite's), there are gyms and pools on the roof and whatnot, you have nice balconies

The Pena Palace was made to look gaudy on purpose. The owner wanted to have a bunch of different styles in his castle to show how rich he was, and then they made it colourful for some reason.

I dunno, I go between hating it and loving it.

I like this a lot

The old buildings on the left and right look nice, even the glass one is ok, but that concrete-looking oval one on the corner is atrocious.

:3

disgusting

how uncreative can someone be? that's the most generic tall building i can imagine

that's not bad desu.

looks dystopian as fuck, but it does have some aesthetic to it.

Looks like something from south of Spain desu. That's kind of nice, but I imagine it doesn't really fit the rest of the German city?

That's not even that bad.

is it abandoned? it looks abandoned.

that's really bad

>art museum
>looks like trash
hmmmm

That's way too much of everything

>a fucking concrete block

>moszna

just a random hotel in the middle of nowwhere, not much of an eyesore to me desu

boring, but not so bad as to be irritating

I like it, looks like for example amsterdam's central station if done by tatars and gypsies.

HOWWWWWWWWW

in my opinion the seattle museum of pop culture is pretty ugg.

I can understand why it would be a museum of pop culture. It's not that bad, just kitschy.

This is not in the Middle East but in my city

>let's put the renovation of our museum of military history into the hands of a Jew, what can go wrong
>DECONSTRUCTIVISM LOL

JUST

why is there a triangle coming out of a perfectly ok looking building

Vandalism.

>Literally Russia.jpg

JUST 2: Electric JUSTaloo