Am listening to this album for the first time, I'm digging it a lot. Yes I know I'm late to the party...

Am listening to this album for the first time, I'm digging it a lot. Yes I know I'm late to the party. Any recs for something similar to this? Specifically the really heavy-sounding post-rock bits, like the first part of Vertigo. Doesn't have to be black metal, because I don't really consider this to be black metal at all

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P7jJcX5DNf0
youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6LDz646rc
youtube.com/watch?v=gk_gIOSHviA
youtube.com/watch?v=D3bRlx1lRUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

try Alcest

Some very angry autistic people are about to post in this thread user I'm so sorry

Ghost Bath - Moonlover (pic related)
Alcest - Kodama

IT'S

NOT

METAL

Thanks mate, but I've come to expect that from Sup Forums
Alcest is a band I've heard mentioned in quite a few places, will definitely do some looking into them

>i don't really consider this to be black metal at all

Delet your post.

just look into blackgaze in general desu

An autumn for crippled children, or Liturgy. Also roads to Judah is better.

new bermuda is solid

it is tho

This, and Botanist

I was quoting of shitlord.

it is metal tho

OP never once said it wasn't metal just that he doesn't consider it a black metal album

It's black metal. Sorry to say, m8.

You can't even hear the lyrics.

Well, I'll be damned. Some smartass on a thread about Sunbather trying to derail the convo by arguing that it IS black metal. That's not something you see every day

There's no thread here, m8.

It's just you and me

what are the defining characteristics of black metal anyway
how does it differ from death metal or regular metal or whatever

or doom metal

or drone metal

or avant garde metal

or hair metal

or thrash metal

That post you replied to was literally the second post I made in this thread lol, Im not the person you were arguing with at the beginning

i think i understand doom metal pretty well

oh wait fuck that's sludge
please disregard my life while i attempt to do the same
thanks

You are an interloper

How many do you have?

just that one

youtube.com/watch?v=P7jJcX5DNf0
I saw this rec'd ages ago and this is a fantastic album.

Woods of desolation is a good starting point, I also second Alcest and year of no light.

This is my favorite album, not as much black metal but definitly some very heavy/atmospheric postrock soundscapes
youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6LDz646rc

After first listening to and enjoying Sunbather I listened to this album and really enjoyed it, I think this song's a really good starting point for someone getting into blackgaze.

youtube.com/watch?v=gk_gIOSHviA

A lot of Alcest's discography is hit-or-miss for me, but I'd highly suggest the album they dropped last year - Kodama - to pursue the blackgaze vibes found on Sunbather.

Try this masterpiece

Ulver's Bergatt.

Tremolo picking, demonic fast blastbeats, cold production, thrash/speed riffs, shrieks, dude satan lmao

The basic stuff

Planning for Burial is coming out with a new album and from the single that was released, it's similar to Deafheaven in emotional tone. It's not similar at all in composition, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=D3bRlx1lRUw