Can we all agree that this is the best armor in the history of television? Just look at it, you smelly motherfucker...

Can we all agree that this is the best armor in the history of television? Just look at it, you smelly motherfucker, look at it. Fucking beautiful. You can see all the riches in the world innit, it's like a fair travel beyond the horizon, with a heart filled with hopes of a better tomorrow. Just fucking look at it, you stupid buffoon. Fucking beautiful. Not even Jesus himself could be as gracious wearing this - and Jesus was grace incarnated!

Let's all sink it in, yes, sink it in, my fellow anons. This is the armor, this is the man. All hail Jamie Lannister, praised be his name.

im sorry user but its just not functional, plate shielding on shoulders rugged leather on front, begging for arrow to be shot through his heart, thats not an armor its a wedding dress.

Go away, nerd.

Me and my girlfriend said the same thing; his armor looked really good.

My husband's son was geeking out over the armor, something about the lion symbol, anyone know more?

why does bronn have tiny little leather belts and buckles on his jacket? surely it only needs one possible position, where the two sides meet. why would he have it, say, 2 notches out, so his jacket would instead look like it doesn't fit? this is exactly why buttons exist

Got some weird samurai design to it.

button technology isn't invented yet

It's called plot-armor, and it will be the only reason he kills the based Blackfish.

isn't that Tywins armor?

non

There is plate on his chest, retard.

Fuck off. Armor sucks and they never wear any helmets. They spend millions and they can't make any helmets?

Why does he have armor on everything except his goddamn arms, which would be the obvious target in a sword fight? For a guy who already lost one hand he sure likes to take chances.

fucking no it all looks like some World of Warcraft shit

>Wearing a helmet when you aren't fighting
>Wearing more armor than necessary for a talk

Stannis wears Filipino armour

FACT: most powerful armour in the world

>wearing helmets and masks in in a medium where people ACT

uh huh.

That's basically useless as armour though. It's basically combining the mobility restriction of metal with the protection of leather, with the shoulders and gorget basically unsupported by the rest of the armour. I won't deny it looks pretty, but it's garbage as actual armour.

Why does Bronn always wear that leather jacket, though?

Jaime does look great in that armor

Probably the best he's looked in the entire series

>ITT Retards who think that his plate is made out of leather

I's a fukken prop. It's supposed to be made out of steel, but no actor would wear that shit for months of shooting

>we'll design our armour to mimic the most potent defensive pelt in nature

>the impervious scales of the average fish

my girlfriend's son also loved it

>samurai
was thinking the same thing

either way, the colors are fucking amazing. i'm glad to see the lannister army riding again

it looked better on Joffrey

I used to hate the Lannister helmets but they've grown on me.

regal as fuck

They wear helmets

FYI people, it's not Tywin's armor, it's Jaime's own armor. He wore the same set in season 1.

Looks homo prancy as fuck

I miss Tywin ;_; best character on the show

You wear helmets for battle, not when you're prancing around camp talking to people.

The show has dragons and magic, so they use this as an excuse to not have any realism in things that are real like armor/swords.

A set of plate armor can be functional and look amazing, but they said fuck all that and when full on 'video game' aesthetic.

He will never look good.
he has a modern day dad haircut.

They really fucked over his appeal.

>Wearing more armor than necessary for a talk
In reality armor was a status symbol. If some dude walked up with tons of inlaid gold and gilding then you knew the guy was mega rich and powerful.

Unfortunately the armor they have him wearing is pretty meh.

>but no actor would wear that shit for months of shooting
Oh please, its a couple of extra kg and if made properly the weight is all comfortably distributed. Even still, your body gets used to it after a couple of days.

No its slightly different. Not by much though

I don't know about best ever (really, I have no idea) but I liked it. It looked like samurai armor and it caught my eye. I was admiring it during the scene

That red sash is /fa/ as fuck

IKR !

also this

>implying this isn't the best armor that's ever been on the show

>back when the show gave a shit about costume design

>no gorget
Wonder where I'm going to slash? Hope you enjoy getting your neck cut, famo.

Jamie's coat is also pretty good looking

I liked these niggas armor

Too bad they were only used in one scene and as extras behind the orcs during the siege of Minas tirith.

Dad Tywin was a welcome facet to the character

Yeah, but it's too thin on the sides, leaving the armpits and sides of the chest ready for stabbing without much effort.

They haven't really done helmets since the earlier seasons

All me

12 yous here

if the fish scales were made out of steel, it wouldn't be such a retarded design. heavy, but at least functional. As it stands, though, I don't think it would stop a swat of the hand.

It's a very sorry copy of this.

It's ill fitting and has so many nonsensical parts I don't even know where to begin.

Look at those massive gaps between pauldrons and breastplate.

Made by someone who has no idea how armour functions.

Pathetic.

*tips fedora into alternate dimension*

maybe in season 1.

what film is this?

> arms obvious target in a swordfight
Yeah, no. Where did you learn to swordfight again? From kids with foam bats?

maybe they like getting stabbed in the armpit.

I just hate the fact that they are uniform.

YES, I know, it's so that we can memefully tell who's on who side, but really kills the feudal kingdom vibe.

retard spotted

I like that the lanisters are the only house that has enough money to outfit their infantryman with standardized armor like a roman legion

Adds to the authenticity of the show

The gorget starts to fold when he looks up at the ramparts, it's made of cheapo leather.

Also the Tully soldiers had dinky little woolen hats standing in for chainmail. Is it 1954?

The Frey soldiers were wearing what looked like big brown doilies.

non-swordfighter spotted

The helmets look retarded because they never close the eye thingys. Like wtf is the point of that if they never close them.

No, he's right.

Where did you learn about sword fighting, from your animu?

Deflecting, parrying etc the arms are the most as risk, they're what's closest to the enemy, as well as if you cripple their arms/hand you will win. Sword fighting isn't about just stabbing or slashing to kill, it's about disarming your opponent and throwing him off balance so you can get a safe kill.

Wearing a full face helmet is massively uncomfortable, especially for long periods. Your face feels hot and cold at the same time and you sweat like a pig.

love the tribal tattoos

I like it, but actually blackfish's armor is my senpai cuz the drag scales tbhfam

just missing the helmet

He probably is a gay-ass olympic fencer. He's a retard anyway, because in any type of fencing you know your arms and forearms are what's most at risk of getting hit.

Have you not heard of dragon skin ? You are literally retarded... Good day. Plz contemplate killing thyself

no this is now shut the fuck up
that lamie clown costume cant even compete with this knight armor

>vclsnap

a challenger appears!

I freey admit i know nohing about armout ,so i just assumed the frey guys were only wesring the gear that goes underneath it. Too pussy to even pretend like they were going to assault the keep.

Why would you need an armour when you have 13th?

this one looks good and makes sense.

Aren't the Freys rich as fuck, though? In the books they are intermarried with the Lannisters, and they toll all whom want to cross the Twins (Which is everyone who wants to get to the North). They have several knights, and one of them even competes in Robert's tournament in the first book, in full pate armor, if I am not mistaken. Why are they portrayed as smelly homeless hillbillies wearing rags in the show?

He has the armor of contempt.

holy im fuck im from the philippines! REpresent mother fuckers! We are the best! yea

This is still the best scene in the show

>I wish they had just showed Jaime, Bronn, the Freys and the Blackfish deliberating and discussing the siege of a castle for an hour instead of a normal episode

I liked the simplicty of Cleganes armor, matches the character perfectly

His brother's wasn't bad either, well, except for the bucket helmet.

Sure it's pretty but it's functional like my dick

>Sup Forums cant into floor-length mail robes
wew lads

I think the idea is that good armor that is really functional is expensive custom fitted stuff that the rich can afford.

Therefore kingsguard get good armour. Brienne gets good armor. Highly valued personal bodyguards get good armour.

Everyone else makes do with what they can afford.

Lords, on the other hand, don't do much fighting themsevles so have ceremonial/heriloom decorative armour. Jamie is wearing tywin's warmor, btw.

I mean really. Tywin was old. Jamie has one hand. They don't need functional armor, they need to look impressive for propaganda purposes.

Bronn?

Bronn was a lowborn sellsword who probably never had much training in real armor. Remember -- he was never a knight.

He can afford it now, but does he know how to use it? Does he want to learn? And he's new settled into a commander role rather than a fighting one. He's not even wearing armour lately -- just more expensive clothes than he used to have.

If he found himself in a big battle again, he'd probably have some good armor made, but that hasn't happened yet.

>Theoden
>Maximus
>Jor-El
>Boba Fett

Get the fuck out.

I was going to shitpost and call you a faggot but that's actually a pretty convincing argument.

Mine visage when peasants venerate armour other than this

Man I miss Thoros

fucking plebs

>television

good choice m8