How would Jim Morrison do in today's music industry?

How would Jim Morrison do in today's music industry?

He starts out at age 21 and forms The Doors in the current year

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-cavalier/no-my-name-is-beany/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He'd be as big as King Gizzard

Do they make the same music they did in the original context or is their music more contemporary?

So popular but not enough to break out into the mainstream?

Yes.

Wouldn't do shit because the Doors put out such simple music

You can't be a "mysterious rockstar" in this day and age, it just doesn't work in the internet era. He would be mercilessly ridiculed as a spergy try hard. He would essentially be a modern day Jaden Smith.

It would have modern day trends

>You can't be a "mysterious rockstar" in this day and age
Yes you can, just don't tweet or Facebook or do any interviews; Easy.

So like Death Grips

cliche I know but I think it's a good answer

burial

The psychedelic era was a creative explosion in rock, so bands like The Doors were able to become popular. They probably wouldn't be hugely popular if they were formed now, but they could have a decent following.

That's cool if you don't mind not being famous. They would basically be some "literally who" indie band if they did that. Besides, once you blow up it doesn't matter TMZ will be on your ass 24/7 and Reddit/Twitter/Bloggers will cut right through your "mysterious" facade. It's just impossible to cultivate the type of aura that artists like that had in 2017.

LIL UGLY MANE(is active on Facebook but his posts are esoteric) and Jai Pal are more examples

That kind of narcissism is so transparent today though. I think his presence would backfire and people get defensive of themselves and would toss him to the bin like every Jim Morrison probably browsing Sup Forums, now.

TMZ relies on celebrities telling them where they are going to be.
If you don't tell them where you are, the only place they would be able to catch you is outside your own concert, possibly at an airport or outside the hotel.
Bloggers don't know shit, they can speculate all they want, but people only know what you give them.

This is a good example of how The Doors would look today. rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-cavalier/no-my-name-is-beany/

The guy from Burial was successfully pretty low-profile wasn't he?
These. Jim just had aspergers before everyone.

wu lyf?

>Burial
Objectively a "literally who" act in terms of sales. You can be (semi) mysterious at that level. Even then though, I just googled him and found out more about the guy in 2 minutes than a diehard Morrison fan would ever know about Jim back in 1969. You can't be when you're putting out #1 albums and singles.

>Go Tell Fire to the Mountain (CD and vinyl LP, released 13 June 2011)[14] (UK chart peak: #98)[36]
>(UK chart peak: #98)

Not famous enough. Jim Morrison was Beyonce level famous a still a mystery. That just isn't possible now.

>2nd review is montie shitposting about something
I have him filtered like 3 different ways and it still goddamn gets through

what about the creator of homestuck or the guy who made smash bros

I'm not sure that anyone really cared to find out anything about them. The only great example of a "mysterious" artist who is also somewhat of a household name would be that Banksy guy, and that only works because people literally do not know anything about him including who he is. If he revealed himself tommorow people would nitpick his life untill he seemed small and human like anyone else.

is this neckbeard bait?

>implying it's not Robert Del Naja
It's too fucking coincidental, man.

thom yorke?
his early 2000s videos he acted sophisticated and jazzy and songwriteresque but today he looks pretty retarded in interviews from those days where he basically speaks gibberish and seems to manipulate the way he talks so he seems like he speaks in music

He is probably one of the closest of this era, although he is viewed as more of a semi reclusive autistic meme man who makes good music as opposed to the great, mysterious lizard king that Jim was. It's the mystery combined with the arrogance, swagger and rockstar lifestyle that would be impossible to replicate.

>forms the doors
Manzarek and Krieger found him on a rooftop nigga, he didnt start the doors just complete it

pitchfork 7.1