Is Duncan Jones done for?

Is Duncan Jones done for?

Other urls found in this thread:

moviepilot.com/posts/3954342
deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft-china-advance-ticket-sales-record-legendary-wanda-furious-7-box-office-preview-1201767728/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

Moon 2 when

It's projected to make half a billion so probably not

movie producers care about how a movie is received because it affects the size of the audience for sequels.

To Blizzard, Duncan has wasted a chance for a multi-billion dollar movie franchise and a revival of WoW.

Money=sequel, doesn't matter it's RT rating. see transformers.

There's no Moon 2. The 'sequel' would be Mute.

It's amazing that he somehow manages to get this approval stamp of being an "artistic" "auteur" kind of filmmaker.

He is a hack

>Moon - literally average, pretty ok nothing special, quintessential reddit underrated classic for people whos interest in film goes as deep as Nolan, Tarantino and maybe Refn

>Source Code - Hollywood shit - NOTHING unique or good about it. Could be a nameless director and it wouldn't have made the thing better or worse. Just total studio-core recycled shit with half-decent leads (who phoned it in hard)

>now a VIDEO GAME MOVIE with shit reviews

wow what a guy. truly the son of legendary artist david bowie!

Bowie got cucked

shut the fuck up faggot

>and a revival of WoW
Oh thank Christ.

>reading reviews
>about a quarter of them are mad about the characters being white males
>about half of them are mad because it's too colorful
>the other quarter legitimately didn't like it for its actual faults or liked it because of its faithfulness to the source

I don't even like Warcraft, but holy shit these early reviews are generally awful.

Transformers 1 was actually freshly reviewed dumbass. It was the sequels that tanked in rating.

Shut argument. Dumb person.

>b-but transformers 1 sucked anyway

Yeah I agree. But that's irrelevant to your argument about critic reviews for a first film.

It will earn a good profit and it's already being praised by the audience. Duncan might be done, but the franchise has only started...

>17%

>Bowie on his deathbed
>"Dad, what do you think about my movie based on a shitty video game made for 14 year olds?"
>"I---it's...great, son."

What a sad, sad way to go. Duncan should be ashamed the last thing his dad saw him make was a fucking video game movie

>Transformers 1 was actually freshly reviewed dumbass

This, the first transformers was something "acceptable" considering Michael Bay the sequels was unbearable

He was too busy basking in his positive reception of Blackstar to give a fuck.

k let's not talk about transformers because your brain is too tiny to comprehend money=sequel
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 is coming out and the first of the reboot had a score of 22%
Money=Sequel

We won't know if the projections are even gonna be accurate for a project like this.

BvS, for example, had a much higher projection than what we got.

One,
Transformers 1 is not fesh
Two
TNMT got a sequel and it had shit reviews and the audience disliked it.

your joke doesn't work because the movie is based on warcraft 1, which was released before you were born

the projections for the movie were actually really shitty at first but so far it's breaking records in practically every country it's being released in including china

I'm thankful that my pa isn't a god

it made 70 million overseas so far... shut up retards its gonna make bank

false

Depends, I have to view the director's cut first.

The studio hacked away 40 minutes of material. If that material included more character development then it could turn out to be good.

waracraft is comparable to tmnt. pre-existing fanbase that will eat it up regardless

rotten tomatoes has always been irrelevant, except for the usa (and the uk) where they actually put cuckolds in charge of reviews because the audience need validation from highly respected blog writers

>Is it a hit? Definitely. By this time next week, Warcraft should have between $250–300m in the bank, from a $160m budget. Half a billion is looking promising.
moviepilot.com/posts/3954342

Warcraft is best fantasy movie since LotR and best 2016 movie so far. SJW cockritics can go and die of being salty disneylovers. We just gonna wait for director's cut

IT'S OCRE

THE TRUE AUTISTS HAVE SPOKEN

"I'm a geek XD" fags BTFO

Kermode liked it, though

shit had the most disappointing ending fight scene I've ever seen

He was making a conceptual album about his incoming death which is probably the boldest and most honest (why do you want the money for, right) artistic shit of this soon to be forgotten decade

While his son was making a cuck propaganda movie about orcs, it makes you think

>my shitty video game movie made for 14 year olds.

I saw it yesterday. Im fully convinced there is some kind of meme going around to give this a low rating because it is not as bad as RT score makes it out to be. By the score I was expecting total shite and actually left thinking it was a pretty decent movie, I want to see more. Even if it gets bad reviews I imagine it will make money, which means there will be more.

>Be David Bowie
>do whatever the fuck you want
>keep making weird music and dress up in weird shit for laughs
>people actually like it
>people actually form trends and genres of music based on my art
>fuck around have sex with 1000 women and 500 men
>eventually have child
>he makes some movie for teenagers due to connections I gave him
>whatever its a cool hobby
>hes serious about it
>be on my deathbed
>writing one final album, reflecting on death, creating a true piece of art
>my son is making a CGI fest movie about videogame goblins
>"At least his last name isn't Bowie"

He is likely finished after this.

that's your fault for trusting literal bloggers for prepared opinions

battlefield earth of the 21st century

pro-trump etc

What the fuck.

China.

China's gonna carry this film.

>[In China[ It's already made $20.7 million in advance ticket sales, the third-highest midnight pre-sales total of all time for China, behind Fast & Furious 7 and The Avengers: Age of Ultron. It's expect to pass the latter today.
>Warcraft's opening on Wednesday in China comes at the end of the high school exam period and right before the Dragon Boat Festival begins on Thursday. A source told Deadline, "That's like having five Saturdays in a row."

Keep in mind, WoW is basically to China what Starcraft is to Korea.

deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft-china-advance-ticket-sales-record-legendary-wanda-furious-7-box-office-preview-1201767728/

>The Orcs invade Chinese theaters officially on Wednesday, coming at the end of the high school exams period and as the Dragon Boat Festival holiday kicks in on Thursday. As one person put it, “that’s like having five Saturdays in a row”

>All of the 285 midnight Imax screenings have been sold out

>I’m already hearing that on Tuesday night there are 2:30 AM showings being added after the midnights. It is also possible that screenings run from Wednesday as early as 7:30 AM and going through to 4AM.

wew

these reviews are bullshit, have you read any? why does rt legitimize these hacks

everyone i know who's seen the movie loves it