Yoshimi or soft bulletin?

yoshimi or soft bulletin?

soft bulletin

yoshimi

SB all day

neither

Soft Bulletin.

Yoshimi has a a better concept, better soundwriting & production and better arwork.

Yoshimi

dogshit

SB but even then its really inconsistent

>Better concept

You mean the one they abandoned halfway through?

Clouds Taste Metallic

The Terror

Soft Bulletin.

Yoshimi is kinda shit. Fight Song is a rip off, Yoshia the song is shit, Yoshimi the instrumental is shit, there's a few boring easy listening songs. Shit album

Embryonic>>>>>>>>>Soft Bulletin>Yoshimi>Clouds Taste Metallic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything else they've ever done

My nigga

Soft Bulletin has best lyrics, but Yoshimi has the best songs

What does Fight Song rip off? I'd love to hear it.

painting with

This and Embryonic were the two albums of theirs that really resonated with me. CTM was solid, but nothing that really made me want to listen to it again and again. SB had some beautiful moments, but like CTM it sorta gets repetitive. Listening to Yoshimi immediately after SB made Yoshimi sound like a SB B-sides. It's literally just SB without the climactic moments.

>01/22/17(Sun)16:50:20 No.70528967
Zaireeka desu

>only

I really adore Race for the Prize but the rest of the album is kind of a let down and sometimes grating. Whereas Yoshimi is comfy af if not entirely consistent. Its Yoshimi for me.

In A Priest Driven Ambulance
Between Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi, the former.

my vote goes to yoshimi

father and son by cat stevens

sb btw, easily

Yoshimi

I would like one half of each, thank you

god tier
In A Priest Driven Ambulance
Telepathic Surgery

great tier
Oh My Gawd
Zaireeka
Hear It Is
Clouds Taste Metallic

good tier
Transmissions From The Satellite Heart
Hit To Death In The Future Head
Embryonic
The Soft Bulletin

decent tier
Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
At War With The Mystics
The Terror

meh tier
the last one

The Terror

>better artwork
TRIGGERED

This or Embryonic

"No"

sb

Yoshimi.
Soft Bulletin is good but too dramatic and heavy-handed.

embryonic > everything
by a landslide

Yoshimi>SB>Zaireeka>Transmissions>everything else

The Soft Bulletin. The first four tracks of Yoshimi are great, but I hate it it abandons the sound it has going for it halfway through. The rest of it is still good, but not as good as the first half.

I can't get into the Flaming Lips almost exclusively because of the singing, I really like the composition and textures most of the time.
Is there a Flaming Lips album on which Wayne's singing doesn't sound like garbage? Or just downplays singing in general?