Tfw music ended in 1991 because nothing will ever top Spiderland

>tfw music ended in 1991 because nothing will ever top Spiderland

shut up

yeah

I've listened to that album a lot of times and aside from being influential, it's not that interesting, aside from the first and last tracks. I don't get the hype

Once you get over your angsty school-shooter fantasies that garbage album will mean nothing to you.

The album has nothing to do with nihilism or self-hate you surface level fucking pleb
Try listening to more than one track

rip music 1910-1991

Its has nothing to do with angst, there's even a song about overcoming social anxiety you absolute mong

I never picked up on that.
Which one

Don, Aman

I dunno, I always interpreted "In the mirror, he saw his friend" as him resigning himself from further social interaction and accepting he'll never be like them.

I remember when I discovered Spiderland and thought it was the greatest thing ever too.

its like a solid 8

But user that's a shitty album made by untalented autists

its good, sounds like it was recorded in a tin can and the songs are all alike tho. laughing stock was better

lol

mean

OK, newfriend, now try listening to music that you won't find on meme charts.

Daily reminder hardly anybody on this board has an understanding of music theory and judges everything solely based on their subjective enjoyment of it and not on compositional merit.

>sounds like it was recorded in a ti can
Were you listening to it at 128kb/s or something? The sound quality is fine and the production is fantastic.

it's probably not brickwalled enough for him

whatever distortion they use is shitty. the production isnt bad but it doesnt help to make it more interesting or better

true, but compositional merit (whatever that means) isn't some objective and unchanging necessary truth to the universe linking a given pieces structure to it's 'goodness', e.g.: knowing how a II V I resolves vs it sounding good are equivalent in importance of statement, if not the space required to express them.

You might just as well complain that the average poster here doesn't listen with the equally well-trained ear of a producer or audio engineer.

None of it matters in the end. Who cares do whatever.

>being so basic you can't understand that songs can be told from a perspective not held by the person singing them
I think that lines meant to be depressing - it's a shitty and sad escape from the problem, and britt was aware of that
the best art is felt before it is understood
google aesthesis
p true, especially on don aman - but its used so sparingly that it doesn't matter too much

You're just as bad as the guys who rant about how music theory is useless

I wasn't saying Don was an avatar for Britt, the song just isn't about "overcoming" social anxiety nor is it glorifying it like a special snowflake, it just deals with it and highlights the defeatist attitude that perpetuates it.

Music for people who have never had a problem in their life, grew up in the suburbs, have had relationships with other people, will never fail in life—yet "want to die" because they have self-diagnosed anxiety. Having Spiderland as your favorite album is tantamount to walking around in a suit that says "FUCK WHITE PEOPLE" on it.

???

You misunderstand the album just as much as the people you're talking about do

Fuck you, the late 90s was a great period for music too. Just look at 1996:

>Millions Now Living Will Never Die
>Soundtrack for the Blind
>Cardiacs - Sing to God
>Beck - Odelay
>Autechre - Tri Repetae
>Olivia Tremor Control - Dusk at Cubist Castle
>Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
>DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
>Polvo - Exploded Drawing
>Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood
>June Of 44 - Tropics And Meridians
>Gastr Del Sol - Upgrade & Afterlife
>Burzum - Filosofem

to name a few

it was a meme you dip

haha people with money and relationships can't be sad haha
read hollywood babylon if you wanna know how the other half lives
everyone feels shit some of the time bud

spiderland has almost nothing to do with any of those things - don aman is the only song about anxiety, and it was a last minute song written and pushed in by walford, and arguably the worst song on the album

>Don, Aman
>arguably the worst song on the album

all the best Burzum albums came out in the early 90s
same with Swans but early 80s to early 90s
all the rest are simply okay

wow neo-Sup Forums is garbage

from best to worst:
washer
good morning captain
breadcrumb trail
for dinner...
nosferatu man
don aman

>nosferatu man that low

Good Morning Captain
Breadcrumb Trail
Washer
Don, Aman
For Dinner...
Stfu oldfag

never understood the love for don aman
Don Aman was rushed and wasn't even slints song, it was walfords - david pajo hadn't even played it before it was recorded

for dinner was written over months and months, and shows where the band was going to focus next. it's an amazing post rock song