Lord of the what exactly

>Dwarves all lost their rings due to being greedy dicks.
>Men with Rings all became Ring Bitchslaves.
>Gandalf, Galadriel and Elrond dont even use their fucking rings, whats the point in even owning one?
>Sauron gets his Ring snatched by some smug asshole who gets killed because he wasnt wearing the fucking Ring.

so these mystical Rings. why are they so shit?

Galadriel does use her ring, but only to mask her realm from sauron and his evil.

Gandalf uses his ring to manipulate and be immune to fire

Elrond... we'll yea better he has i and does nothing.

and their 3 rings were made without being tainted by the one ring but they still would succumb to its power.

Pretty sure Elrond uses his ring to preserve Rivendell like Galadriel uses hers to preserve lothlorien

Wait, weren't the 3 rings given to Elves? How Gandalf got one?

Elrond and Galadriel did use their Rings to hide. Elrond in particular is a massive faggot in all of this

The entire epic is an apologetic work. So to understand the the nitty gritty you need read all the books and related writings (lotr trilogy, the hobbit, the similarian, etc). With a fairly good understanding of Classical Christian theology.

but muh wizards n ebig battels

It was given to Gandalf by the original owner. I think it was Cirdan the shipwright, but I have no confidence in that answer.

>omg guyz I'm gonna make an ebin copypasta

I know. The Tolkien estate hated the movies because of how shallow they were.

I'm sure Tolkien is rolling over in his grave knowing how many fedorafags are masturbating over a bastardization of his work.

;_;

Cirdan, a high elf lord that dwelt at the Grey Havens met Gandalf when he and the other wizards sailed to Middle Earth from Valinor. He possessed the ring of fire and when he met with them he saw Gandalf as the wisest and honourable amongst them so he gave him the ring to help in his endeavours through Middle Earth.

Sauron gets his ass kicked while he's still WEARING the fucking Ring and he's not even invisible!

The One Ring is a shit

>ass kicked
>he squashes a battalion of elves and men
>Kills a high elf King and a Human King
>ring cut from his hand by a lucky swipe
>ass kicked

so why can he be seen when weering the Precious, hmmmm??

Better question is why he put so much of his power into the ring, knowing its a liability and losing the ring will severely fuck him up.

Gandalf's ring originally belonged to one of the big elves who either died or left middle earth and bequeathed it to him. Can't remember his name

I always assumed the ring kind of enhances your natural abilities and seeing as no one really notices the hobbits, invisibility is an obvious choice for a "power" when one of them uses it.

Sauron had to put nearly all his power into the Ring so he could control the lesser Rings and therefore control all Middle Earth.

I'm pretty sure they would have been more positively predisposed towards them if they were getting a share of their profits.

This is true to some extent

Probably arrogance which is a big part of Saurons character.

He had to in order to be able to control the wielders of all the other rings.

His stupidity came from not anticipating that the Elves would immediately take all of their rings off.

One Ring doesn't make you invisible, it transfers you to the Shadow Realm. Which is Sauron's domain already.

That is a good justification, however the Ring also canonically made Isildur invisible.

The Ring may only have the effect of invisibility on proper mortals. Elves, Ainur, and even Dwarves may not be made invisible. Bombadil wasn't.

Tolkein really was sort of all over the place with the rings and Sauron. Despite being the main antagonist Sauron is never seen, and despite the series revolving around the rings of power you never actually see any of them.

Nah otherwise Isildur wouldn't have been invisible. I think it's more to do with Sauron being the master of the ring and the fact that he's a Maia spirit who exists between 2 plains of reality. So when s mortal wears it they enter a "spirit" world

Why didn't he just make a nipple or a cock ring? What kind of idiot puts a nexus of his power on a fucking finger and doesn't even protect it in any way?

I've always thought Nasmith's art is ugly as sin.

Not true at all. Sauron is seen many times and his inflamed presence looms over Middle Earth like a great storm.

>Elronds ring is Vilya, a Ring of Healing.
>Elrond sits on his ass during the War and doesnt go to the battlefield and heal anybody.

This is canon.

Motherfucker is a racist.

>he bought the "tolkein is death" myth

Elves are jackasses in general. I think their indifferent nature is a part of their character.

Well they didn't have to take them off since Celebrimbor made them outside of the one rings influence on purpose.

>So when s mortal wears it they enter a "spirit" world

This is right.

>implying he's not the destroyer of worlds

No, that's wrong. Even the Three were subject to the One Ring's control. The Elves never dared to use them until the fall of Sauron at the end of the Second Age and his loss of the One Ring.

Saying something acted differently around Bombadil doesn't mean much. He was the rule breaker

I told you already, he was extremely arrogant. He's probably like "Bitch, I'm 12 foot tall, my body gives of immense heat that burns people close to me, I'm kitted out in bad ass spiky armour and I have a 6 foot long mace! Come at me manlets"

I don't think this is right but I really am not sure

so if the ring didnt make sauron invisible and neither did it control the three rings because elrond was stood right there, whay power did it give sauron exactly

Elves are aryan as fuck

Vanity and arrogance. The same reason he never bothered to guard the entrance to Mount Doom, because it never occurred to him that anyone would want to actually destroy the ring.

If it wasn't for the ring Sauron would have been dead at the end of the 2nd age. If nothing else the ring gave him a second chance.

Probably where JK Borrowling got her idea for horcruxes from.

This is correct, Gandalf got his ring from Cirdan upon reaching the Havens.

Likewise, Elrond inherited his from Gil-galad, former high-king of the Noldor living in Middle Earth, slain in the siege of Bara-dur.

Galadriel is the only original bearer of an Elf Ring.

And to answer the OP, yes, if Sauron obtained the One he would have the same dominion over the wearers of the Three as he did over the Nazgul

That idea is a lot older than Tolkien's stories (google Koschei the Deathless), and Sauron was an immortal spiriti to start with.

True about Sauron but he was still susceptible to being vanquished to the void. He was fortunate that some physical remnants remained in Middle Earth. And please don't try and tell me Borrowling was aware of old lore like that. Definitely influenced by Tolkiens work even though she doesn't admit it

you would be a jackass too if you lived 10,000+ years and watched arrogant as fuark humans/dwarves flame out before you like moths in a fire.

more so if they had betrayed you too many times to count so that your immortal brothers and sisters were killed by them.

Nolder excluded, the elves are as based as Manwe.

Wrong.

Gandalf used Nenya to encourage people around him. It had nothing to do with fire itself.

Other two ring were used for elven enclaves to prosper and protect them from evil.

This is the first time I've ever made the connection. The only beings encountered there would be ones that existed in both realms at once:

Valar, Maia, Eldar who have seen the light of Valinor and spirits of the dead.

It would explain how Frodo saw Glorfindel while while being poisoned by the nazgul king's blade and becoming a wraith.

>And please don't try and tell me Borrowling was aware of old lore like that.
This, thank you. Good lord. Credit where it's due.

>if Sauron obtained the One he would have the same dominion over the wearers of the Three as he did over the Nazgul

Unless they just took the rings off. Which happened the first time Sauron tried on the One.

irl though the Fellowship would have been Gandalf, Glorfindel, and a few other elf lords.

>Isildur's face when he wears the ring and sees Sauron's spirit running away.

That's a D&D tier meme, and I'm pretty sure it started on this site.

The ring doesn't turn you invisible, it brings you to the wraith world. People like Gandalf and Sauron already exist in both the wraith world and the physical one, so the ring has no apparent effect on them.

They could, but he would also gain control over everything done by their power. In other words, Rivendell and Loríen's environments would instantly become corrupted by evil, and it might have a severe effect on everyone inspired by Gandalf as well.

Also Sauron could return the Nine Rings to the Nazgûl and control them via the One, thus increasing their power, and even farm out the remaining of the Seven to make new Nazgûl if he wanted.

>putting an items that corrupts 99% of people in the hands of the most bad-ass party of the Third Age

wrong. sauron created the rings while pretending to be a elf or some shit working with the elves. the reason teh rings are made is it makes people more susceptible to his power to control people

elves are magically attuned enough to realize what was going on when they put on the rings and took them off instantly

dwarves are immune to saurons power . they are like machines they do things and there is no way to influence them. they just minet and craft shit and thats it

finally he tried the rings on the weakest willed of them all humans and it was supper effective

hobbits carrying the rings is a joke. any dwarf should be bale to carry the thing and never notice any burden

The One Ring is much stronger at corrupting people. Dwarves would not necessarily be immune if Gandalf was not.

>that corrupts 99% of people

Faramir could have destroyed it. You'd think there'd be a few elves that could be trusted as much as any. If they were worried about the actual possessing of the Ring, then bring a Hobbit and have him carry it as they did.

>Frodo, Gandalf, Glorfindel, 100,000 year old Elf lord 2, 100,000 year old Elf lord 3

Faramir resisted the temptation to take it. That's something that everyone in the Fellowship except his brother did.

If he was so vain and arrogant and surely if he were actually 12 feet tall, he would believe he had the biggest dick in Middle Earth and want to show it off. It doesn't make sense that he didn't make it a cock ring to let everyone know he was a big guy. And besides, people get their hands and fingers cut off all the time in war but who has ever heard of accidentally losing their dick?

Gandalf said he couldn't put on the ring let alone touch it.

When does he say that? He says something like that in Bilbo's house, but it just means he "shouldn't" take it, that's how I always understood it.

Perhaps, but one thing to remember is that many elves are just tired and sick of all the Middle-Earth drama. They don't all care about it as much as they did back in the First Age. Also, in the movies they may seem wise, but one could argue that elves have been more rash and passionate than men.

With elves, when things go wrong, they really go wrong. Everything is always a fucking big deal, they are like humans^2 on every aspect of their lives.

That's wrong faggot.

In the movie he refuses to touch it

In the book he touches it a few times like it ain't shit.

The Dwarf Lords who got rings from Sauron resisted the corruption, that's why Sauron wanted those rings back.

I wonder how would a 100,000 elf be. The world is like ~10000 years at the time of the movies

>he thinks ME epochs=milleniums
kek

Well there is a timeline, calendar and measure of years...

Weren't those rings consumed by dragons or something.