they are about to get heavily fined in Taiwan due to law-breaking

Other urls found in this thread:

gq.com/story/the-uber-killer
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uber-driver-charged-six-murders-7420007
whosdrivingyou.org/rideshare-incidents
youtube.com/watch?v=XZxZC0lgOlc
youtube.com/watch?v=iqFIkjOmOs4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ubers everywhere. Cost 5 quid for a 20 minute journey which is pretty decent. May have accidentally thrown up in an uber last night

100% banned for running an illegal taxi business

They're taking over here and as taxists started to rebel against them and making protests all of a sudden 2 or 3 cases of people getting their wallets """"stolen"""" by non-uber taxists appeared.

You know what's funny? people actually believe that shit, even when in our country for decades it has always been about taxists getting their money stolen in the middle of the night at gunpoint.

But the government gave them free reign already, it's a lost battle at this point.

The reign of taxis is over

No uber here

Taxi drivers managed to expel uber from Buenos Aires and so, no uber here

>tfw Americans are putting all the world's taxi drivers out of business

bretty good they're killing our taxis, i dont mind

taxi drivers are usually muslim. ot some kind of pooinloo

American justice knows no borders

Not that good. It has a lot of competition here.

Yes thanks americans, Uber is the best thing ever!

>gq.com/story/the-uber-killer
>mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uber-driver-charged-six-murders-7420007

>whosdrivingyou.org/rideshare-incidents

UBER, THE INCREDIBLE SERVICE WHERE I CAN LITERALLY SIGN UP RIGHT NOW AND GO DRIVING PEOPLE AROUND WITHOUT ANY KIND OF BACKGROUND CHECK OR INTERVIEW!

bump

It's banned for wage dumping

>be Ü*ER
>use Germanic word
>get banned in Germany
kek'd

Taiwan ubers raped korean
So bad i hate uber now

People who don't understand economics hate Uber. They don't understand that thanks to or because the new technologies of information and communication taxies became outdated.

Their goal is also to implement driverless cars. Many people will be left unemployed.

It's illegal

States and countries and so 20th century anyway.
Corps know better what's good for people.

Taxi drivers here are greedy as fuck and I hope they will go to hell desu. They all the time complain about that they have not enough money, but drive around in their new Mercedes S class all day long and it's the shittiest service ever.

>pay 15€ for fucking 3 kilometers
>give him a 20€ bill and he doesn't give me 5€ back
>tell him that he didn't gave me anything back
>he says, I just gave you 5€
>show him my wallet
>I don't have a 5€ bill
>he goes back to the trunk and gets his wallet, give me back my change

Being a taxi driver sucks. You're often working at night, 50% of customers are drunk assholes who puke your car over, you could be waiting for hours before you get a customer. And after costs and (usually) paying the employer, it's not at all that lucrative.

You know, all jobs evolute. Jobs disappear, jobs creates ex-nihilo, jobs change. You have to adapt yourself. I think they should be help to find another job though.

This. I'm waiting till all truckers will complain that they go obsolete. But in the end our society will actually benefit from it.
youtube.com/watch?v=XZxZC0lgOlc

I think that's banned because it's against the law

I think it's always a problem of acceptance. It took a while till they launched the driverless subways in my city. The functioning concept was always there, but people simply refused it even though it's less prone to failures.

It's the same with Uber.

Not much to do with Uber being less prone to failure (it's not), automatisation is a different issue.
Many people are complaining because Uber embodies a new form of tax-dodging employment.

but Uber's plans actually go further
youtube.com/watch?v=iqFIkjOmOs4

It's banned here for tax evasion and destroying taxi business. I think Uber as alternative is cool enough as the taxi competitor so those taxi will actually be honest with their meter and taking advantage on customer.

*never again

$5 for a 20 min drive. our taxis cost $25 for the same distance, honestly fuck the taxi companies.

Taxi drivers call ubers to beat them up and destroy their cars

We're not here yet. Automatisation will be a very different situation.
In the current one, Uber created some kind of bastard status which claims to be self-employment but isn't. Drivers aren't employees technically so Uber doesn't have to respect their rights.

The taxi business needs to be reformed but Uber is plain cancer.

My uber app keeps playing up, I'll order an uber and it'll say the request timed out, then randomly 5 minutes or so later I'll get a notification saying my driver is arriving. Pretty FRUSTRATING

What is it?

Banned here, which is a shame because regular taxis here are basically a cartel

What if that's bcuz uber don't have to pay tax, so they can lower their prices and greatly damaged the entire market?

Taxists burned a family surnamed 'Uber' alive, claim 'they were only trying to protect their jobs'

>South America
not even once.

Illegal, Uber drivers get heavily underpaid if you include gas prices, tax, social security etc. And Uber itself asks a way to big cut.

I'm an uber driver AMA

How doyou feel after you realise your car's worth has dropped because you drive a lot more, you realise you have to pay taxes at the end of the year?

The supreme court said it wasn't illegal, but poorly regulated. If they set up in the country with offices and shit it may be legal.

But the government blocked every single bank payment to uber. So no one can use it. The taxi mafia is big

100% illegal.

They don't give their drivers a contract, don't pay the social security taxes and advertise to drivers a way higher """income""" then they actually get if you include gas prices etc.

This thread made me hate taxi even more ugh

Well I bought a fairly used Japanese car (100k km) on it so at this point I could care less about depreciation. I don't pay a lot of taxes because the IRS(federal tax collection agency in the U.S) gives a .56 cents per mile deduction. I usually make up a larger amount of miles driven and pay little. Last year made 20k gross and payed about 500 usd in taxes.

Note gross not net, that was before gas, maintenance and repairs.

What did you get net?
What about net per hour

Banned, luckily. I remember how butthurt the neo-liberals got. Feels good man.

I honestly have more respect for "traditional" illegal taxi businesses. At least they are common people trying to make a living. Uber is just rich hipsters in Silicon valley making big money by sending all legal cab drivers into unemployment.

This, driving the wages under the minimum wage and making cab drivers unemployed in the process.

>muh change
t. guy who never got sacrificed on the altar of change

>Putting cab cartels on a pedestal

Well it varies a lot I see you are a hater and you are spot on uber is a greedy fucking piece of shit company.

That being said I live in one of the busiest markets and there's still money to be made. Sadly they've lower the prices so much that if you want to make money you must make the promotions the give you, in my case it's 120 trips per week to make a 450 bonus on top of my fares which takes about 50 hours of pure driving and damages my mental health.

Without the bonus I say I net 14 usd, although if there's surge pricing it goes up. Pic related was Trumps protests

Taxi drivers got a limited number of taxi licenses for free and sold it to other taxi drivers for 300kE. Now, the taxi drivers are pretty mad because they discovered they bought a piece of paper for far more than its worth.

The government let them break things, burn shit and assault people because Uber don't pay its taxes but one day or another it will change.

>Living off bonuses.

Damn, get yourself a real job mate. Like this you will die of mental exhaustion before you hit 45.

Taxi drivers have tried to protest, but they have a terrible reputation so no one cares what they say.

>hating on one of the worst paid professions
let me guess, you are one of the brasilian posters who wants to nuke all favelas?

Because of the internet, people send less postcards. Post office workers don't break computers in computer stores.

Because of smartphones, people don't use phone boxes anymore. The people who repaired phone boxes don't break all smartphones in smartphone stores.

The ""good thing"" about uber is that the schedule is extremely flexible. As much as I hate it mate, the option to work hard for a couple weeks and then taking another couple of weeks off to travel or NEET has been what's kept me going.

Also didn't go to college so there's very few hope out there for me desu.

Uber pretty much killed taxis there no?

It's illegal

>worst paid professions
Maybe there
So I'll just speak for Brazil, but here cabs are one of most shitty group of people
Of course there are lots of exceptions, and this is more common on the more metropolitan cities, but cabs in general is something that should've lost it's sweetspot with government a long time ago
yes Uber is shit, but at least now people are seeing taxists organizations for what they are and are starting to understand that a drive is not something exclusive to a monopoly granted by the state to syndicalists that only benefit themselves over the ignorant drivers that believe they are there to protect them

>no one can use it

there are a couple "proxy" apps for it that if you're tech savy, you'll be able to find
it also uses paypal accounts to manage and mask the payment

that said, there's few drivers to this day

if you have paypal/international credit cards/bitcoins you can pay, but they are the absolute minority

I wouldn't go as far as to say that, but it sure was a hard hit for taxi drivers.

Uber can operate freely there right?

start this shit in my cab and nobody will find your fat dead body, basement guy

Yeah... the government tried to do something kinda rational saying that "okay, über can't work here since its not fair for taxists to have to pay an insurance, a special license, etc. and uber drivers not. but we do recognize that it's just really comfortable to have an app on your smartphone and do cashless payments. thats why we're launching our own app for local taxists!"

nice idea on paper, never really took off sadly, even though you can find that app on the store for free. i think it also gives you instructions to take bus/where the closest government bycicles are/etc

>I'll roleplay as a mafia guy so i look tough to anonymous people on the internet

Are you dumb or just trolling? None of that had any meaning on this. It is just a way to circumvent responsibility, employment security and in more often than not taxes.

All under the guise of new hip way to travel and claim you are merely a framework for individual business drivers (TOTALLY not employees because that would mean you have responsibilities that could cost money) to perform their work.

Taxis can be a ton of shit but uber is just cancer trying to pretend to be the soap that will clean it up.

I don't really know all the details, but I've heard pretty much anyone can work for Uber as long as it's available in their city.

Difference between an Uber and Taxi

>Get in a taxi at airport
>Door rubber thing falling off and onto my lap
>Having to try to stuff it back in the door
>Ask the guy what I should do
>Can hardly speak English
>Just drive with it in my lap since I was with coworkers
>Guy goes the long way and misses exits that GPS tells us to go
>Cost a shit load and dude expects a tip

>Uber picks me up in 3 minutes
>Know the ballpark price before
>Friendly driver in a clean car
>Have small talk
>Usually someone in the area for a while or has an idea of the city
>Uses GPS and traffic data to get us there asap
>Far more reasonably priced and no tip expected

You should give them a tip tho

I've only tipped once when I saw the guy had to go like 10 minutes out of the way to grab me. Otherwise I've never tipped and never saw anyone else tip.

I have a few friends who drive Uber and they said they only got a few tiny tips over the years. Might be different in Brazil but it's not usually a thing in the US.

You should tip you nigger