More like this?

more like this?
If you say "They Might Be Giants" kill you are self

What's wrong with TMBG?

They're cringey as fuck.

they're pretty try-hard and they're just not that similar.
Older lemon demon was similar to TMBG though, and I don't think that's a good thing

Have you ever listened to Lincoln? I didn't like them until I heard it

TMBG>Neil Cicierega

not him, but I like SOME songs from tmbg, but that doesn't mean they aren't generally bad.

they don't have an album as good as spirit phone.

Isn't flood generally considered their best release? Haven't listened to any of it but if I were to I'd listen to their most acclaimed.

flood has shitty shitty songs like Istanbul

I'd say they were both equally well received, though maybe Flood was a bigger deal sales and popularity wise. But Lincoln has higher highs and not as many lows if you ask me. But yeah they're pretty inconsistent discog wise, nobody will deny that.

>thinking zolo is bad
mate go back to the asylum you prick

no, kys. quirky =! good

They Might Be Giants
And Spirit Phone isn't?
>I'M YOUR DAAAAAAD

Nothing wrong with them. But they have very few songs similar to spirit phone (birdcage in your soul and ana ng are the only that come to mind) yet they constantly get compared.

I love Birdhouse in Your Soul

I'm your dad would be a shitty song by itself, but works good as a lead-in to Earn My Life.
And that's not really representative of the album as a whole, there are only like 3 songs like that in the album.

Devo or Oingo Boingo, really all I can think of

>i cant enjoy fun things without being insecure

get a load of this faggot

Except most of them aren't funny. they're just forced silly music with repetitive lyrics based in some observation or quirky phrase.
Neil isn't serious music either, but at least there's put some effort into the music and the lyrics actually has some kinda interesting narrative or depth to it.

What the fuck are you sayin about my boys

TMBG have stated that they don't really put that much effort into the lyrics and it should just be there to complement the music. Case in point, when asked about the meaning behind Don't Let's Start, Linnel said, “where did it come from? I made it up.” They can make much more clever pop songs than Neil. He's just trying to sound like a new wave band.

Do you like anything on Apollo 18? That album is great

So why would you recommend it as something similar to spirit phone?
I don't know how neil even sounds remotely like a new wave band either. or why it would be a good thing that the lyrics are unimportant to them, especially since the instrumentals are the worst part

I'd recommend it as similar to Spirit Phone because it has a similar sense of humor and similar sense of melody, despite having a different sound to it.

If you can't hear how Spirit Phone sounds like 80's new wave, I can't help you.

I never said it was a good thing that they didn't focus on lyrics(desu, I don't really know if that's really true, I just remember the quip about Don't let's start), I meant it as an explanation about why you wouldn't see any "interesting narrative or depth" in it.BTW most of the songs on spirit phone are just kinda vaguely occult-ish and are not really "deep" in any sense of the meaning. At best they're cool, little short stories. A song like I Palindrome I, might just seem like a quirky idea at first(a song about palindromes) but there's more to it. It expands it to be about greed, and the narrative fits the theme of palindromes. What goes around comes around. If Neil had written the song it would probably be entirely in palindromes like "Bob" by Weird Al. As for "the instrumentals are the worst part", if can't enjoy a nerdy rock band with some accordion, I refuse to continue this conversation.

Wow, I wrote a lot more then I intended. Sorry.

they might be giants are way better than this goofball music