Has even ONE good artist came out of the 2010's?

Has even ONE good artist came out of the 2010's?

death grips

Comforter, Elephant Tree, Sunflo'er

grimes

Protomartyr

sia

Yes Frank Ocean being one of them

you

Of course.

OP said good

Haken

this is a music discussion board, not an art discussion board.
Honestly, I can't think of any pertinent artists who have emerged since 2010 though, while there have been plenty of good musicians - Tentenko is a current favourite.

Car Seat Headrest

>inb4 fuck off Will xD

me

>sia
>came out of the 2010s
nigga they used to play a garage remix of one of her songs everywhere back in 2000

Young Thug

LP2 soon

Csh

Does Kendrick Lamar count?

no

Not gonna lie it's definitely Tame Impala. Haters eat my ass!!

>Lame Impala

fpbp

Music is an artistic medium you silly plen

Wow, you have no idea what you're on about. There's no such thing as an 'artistic medium'. There are media and there is art. Art can be accomplished with any media, claiming a medium is 'art' or people who work in a medium are 'artists' implies that everything from brushing your teeth to getting shot is an 'art-form' or 'artistic medium' as you put it. Obviously that's fucking retarded. If you follow that logic then 'art' means 'thing' which is incredibly fucking ignorant.

Music as far as what is discussed here is entertainment - people produce music as a commodity or performance meant to entertain an audience, That's nothing close to the pursuit of 'art', which is instead to communicate a specific idea - something that language can only do in a limited sense.

You shouldn't broach a subject you are not knowledgeable in as though you're an authority on it. You may as well call music a programming language.

made me chuckle, +1

>not being an uncultured retard and knowing what a three-letter word means is laughable
The state of you desu

Fuck off Will

Death Grips, definitely.

Blank Banshee

Deafheaven :^)

Kendrick Lamar

Has even ONE good artist came out of the Holocene epoch?

J U L I A H O L T E R

Best post

Breathe Me came out in like 2006

/thread

Op said good not God

It goes, it goes, guillotine is a shit song.

>the art/folk/pop trichotomy interests me: the post

>I didn't understand the post I replied to and implied random bullshit over it: the post

>Music as far as what is discussed here is entertainment - people produce music as a commodity or performance meant to entertain an audience
take a guess how I can tell you're a reductive faux-elitist pleb

>if I greentext and posture then it counts as a counter-point because you wrote something and I have no way to dispute it but want to use the word art for things that aren't art and my aspergers syndrome forces me to lash out at anything that disrupts my baseless assumptions about the world.
I don't need to take a guess, you're transparent as fuck. I do enjoy that you've picked 'elitist' as your inflammatory buzzword when I've given nothing to base such nonsense on.