By this time next week, Warcraft should have between $250–300m in the bank, from a $160m budget...

>By this time next week, Warcraft should have between $250–300m in the bank, from a $160m budget. Half a billion is looking promising.

moviepilot.com/posts/3954342

What are you hoping for from the soon to be announced sequels?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-06/-warcraft-will-be-bigger-than-star-wars-in-china-here-s-why
latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-china-films-box-office-20150604-story.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They tried so hard to make movie visionaly apealing that they neglected story completly, comon view has no idea why is Medivh possed by Sargeras who also played Guldan to bring orcs to Azeroth for sole purpose to cripple human defences so he can bring Burning legion, they literaly had once job to tell this, but they focused on some trivial stuff and normal viewer thinks they fight for the sake of fighting i was disapointed desu.

I'm praying that the sequel is actually a prequel.
Showing what happened to the orcs and draenor.

How Gul'dan got his powers and everything.

I belive after the feedback people are givin that will be possible.

I mean, everyone that watched the movie said Gul'dan was the highlight...

Going straight to the second war (where he dies) would be kinda shitty for the fans.

Imagine 3rd movie where Medivh comes back as prophet to warn people about Sargeras and Burning legion and take redemption for his fuckup in the first war, people would go apeshit

There's already a movie prequel novel about the Frostwolves, but Gul'dan is there too. Doesn't say how he got his powers.

Is it so hard to say "Hey guys there is Titan named Sargeras he wants to stir shit up, so he gives fell magic and makes you build portals and shit"

I'd like them to include some actual musical references from the games.

I know the movie was Warcraft I, and the series didn't start getting its really iconic music until II, but in the sequel, that would be the time to strike.

there was a stormwind music reference, and the music over the end credits is from the game too.

Oh shit, really? I listened to the album they put up on Soundcloud, and I didn't hear anything.

>Implying Blizzard doesn't have enough money to fund 10 sequels if they wanted to

I imagine a Sword of 1000 Truths reference would have went over well

It's alright, they just gotta pop out 5+ movies and they can bring in alternate timeline Gul'dan :^)

Still, as cool as I think Gul'dan is I think not going for wc3 is a mistake. There's a high demand for it and they should do them while there's still possibility for warcraft sequels, continuing with the orc stories could be a bit slow for that.

Honestly I'd be happy to see it become a franchise, I like watching movies like this even if they're bad, it's fun to make fun of them with friends.

Did the studio or Duncan Jones have final cut approval? I keep hearing that 40 mins had been hacked off.

>want to start a movie franchise
>start so early in the overarching plot that you aren't using your good stories and nobody cares
>suggesting they start EVEN EARLIER

>some vidya flick is going to have a 300M opening

Oh, my.

>meanwhile all the fans loved it and it's selling well
>it fucking beat X-men in brazil.
>mfw

It's the dawn of Vidyakino, and no paid off by Disney reviewers can stop it.

Better look into buying Nintendo you capeshit slinging Jews.

>what is marketing?
It would need over $500 million to make minimal profits. This movie is a disaster.

I'm pretty sure they didn't spend 340 million in marketing, buddy.

Even when you factor in box office cuts, this movie is far from being set up to be a bomb. It's one of the most anticipated films ever in China.

Your meme is dead.

>Warcraft’ Will Be Bigger Than ‘Star Wars’ in China. Here’s Why
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-06/-warcraft-will-be-bigger-than-star-wars-in-china-here-s-why

IT'S OCRE, DISNEY.

>This movie is a disaster.

Being number 1 all over Europe and getting 3rd most midnight presale tickets ever in China is a disaster? lmao, disney shills getting desperate

>Here's Why
It's a better movie

There you go, you don't have to read the article now

Pacific Rim crossover.

>Giant flop

>Terrible reviews

What a success.

>Brazil
>relevant
Hey now, X-Men sold very well in this one theatre in the Netherlands

Literally from the same article
>Is it a hit? Definitely. By this time next week, Warcraft should have between $250–300m in the bank, from a $160m budget. Half a billion is looking promising.
>Half a billion is looking promising
>Half a billion
Are you ready to commit suicide?

Yeah they could've had a post credits scene where he sits on a flying chair in space

Does it hurt you to see that nobody cares about the critics you bought, disney cuck?
Waste of money, huh? :(

>x-men
>relevant

>reviews written by bloggers, film school failures, sjw and libtards
topkek you're a retard

>What are you hoping for from the soon to be announced sequels?

Renewed interest in Warcraft to the point that jews at BlizzVision will just knuckle under and give us WCIV.

>fans loved it
You mean the fat neckbeards who unironically play these videogames?

at this point I think blizzard rather nuke the WC universe than people what they want

Not really, BvS and X-Men flopped.
Jungle Book made almost 900 million, Zootopia made 1 billion and Civil War will make 1.2 billion.
Mission accomplished.

As opposed to the quip-loving legbeards who look to track down all the potential 'problematic' content in the (non-Disney, of course) films they review?

No, as opposed to normal people.
Only fat nerds are looking forward to a bad videogame movie.

>bvs
>860 million
>flop

I hate how it started so in medias res. How about just making the first movie simple, giving just a tiny bit of orc backstory, but the rest of the movie being about orcs vs humans

Then the sequel goes more into depth about the mysteries, how the orcs became what they are and gul'dan etc and the second war

I can't imagine how new audiences feels about this. Like, who is gul'dan? Who are those blue goat people in the beginning? Why does garona look like a black woman?

It's just so many missed opportunities

As well as huge swaths of Europe

And the entirety of China

>people who play video games are fat!!!!!
>BELIEVE ME
>GUYS111

holy shit the desperation is real

kill yourself pham

>everyone thought it would make Avengers money
>no one thought it would make less than a billion
>critically panned
>this leads to Suicide Squad getting reshoots
>Flash director bails out
>Aquaman getting completely rewritten
>they kick Snyder from the producer position in all movies and they put the producer of Green Lantern instead
>Cyborg apparently cancelled

Yup, it's all fine.

>2 weeks
>70 million
>huge swaths
lol

Not all, only the people who play this franchise and really, unironically, watch videogame flicks.

>everyone thought it would make Avengers money
irrelevant
>no one thought it would make less than a billion
irrelevant
>critically panned
irrelevant.

The rest you said? Also irrelevant. It made more money than it put into it. Therefore, a profit, and therefore a success.

Can't show that. It would show how the "poor" draenei refugees are actually responsible for everything bad that happened to azeroth and draenor, can't go painting refugees in a bad light now can we?
> invade and colonize a planet while being chased by space demons, literally name your people after the planet you invaded, cry like a bitch and blame the Orcs for everything after the space demons enslave the Orcs and use them against you when they wouldn't even fucking be enslaved if your people never came to draenor
Fuck the goat people

Not all of Europe, and it's opened up number one in multiple countries.

Face it. Warkino is here.

>i-it doesn't count...

It's more of the fact that BvS wasn't liked by anyone, and thus dooming the DCEU to a premature death, rather than the movie itself.

Justice League will probably gross less than BvS, and Wonder Woman has a very high chance of being a gigantic flop.
Mostly because it's fighting against Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Transformers 5.

Not really.
It could make 5 billion and it would still be a really bad videogame flick for fat nerds.

do you have statistics to back that up? i hope you're not taking a silly south park episode too seriously, because if you are, you're a retard who should probably kill himself like right fucking now holy shit you're a fucking piece of excrement i hope you get cancer and your parents die, and your dog gets chopped up in little pieces and fed to your chink neighbor seriously fuck you what the fuck did you ever do in your miserable life you fucking piece of shit i bet you don't even earn 100 000 grand a year what the fuck you're a failure kill yourself thanks pham

tips

No, it's just a fact only fat neckbeards play these videogames and unironically watch these shitty videogame movies.
World of whatever has always been the stereotypical neckbeard videogame, and it will always be.

kill yourself you fucking nigger

>"i-if you go see the movie y-you're a...you're a F-FAT N-NECKBEARD!! H-HAH HA!!"

DISNEY SHILLS GETTING THIS DESPERATE

kill yourself, lard-master.

you and your beloved DC lost

it's time you accepted it.

it made money so the people who didn't like it can go to hell they're just butthurt retards who wanted more quips

800 million is anything but a flop, it's a massive success, holy shit you're dumb as fuck

Guild leader of the best WoW guild in the world

This guy plays 16 hours a day during progression, what a neckbeard :^)

>DCuckies are resorting to use a videogame movie to fight against Disney
You poor things.

Shame the rest of the userbase is made up of fat virgins.

nice projection, carlos

Sorry BvS flopped, angry DCuck.

One of the best PvPers in WoW and like the 1st-2nd biggest WoW streamer on twitch aka rat god

I can't see Arthas or even Illidan's story working as films, only as mini-series.

Shame the rest of the userbase is made up of fat virgins.

>800 million
>flop
yeah sure keep believing that disneyshill

The best stories in the WC universe are Arthas, Thrall, WC1, and Illidan. They did WC1 and Illidan's story is a little unwieldy considering it takes place over so many different time periods and has an anticlimactic ending. So the other two movies in a trilogy should be Thrall and Arthas.
Warcraft II: Green Moses
Orcs are put into slave camps after losing the war. Thrall grows up and organizes a rebellion. Khadgar/Medivh or whoever is talking about something evil coming and Thrall meets Drek'Thar and becomes a shaman. He has a vision of zombies and a dark king in Lordaeron so he brings his people across the sea and settles in Durotar. This story really works except the lack of an action-packed climax. I don't think Archimonde and the world tree would fit though. Maybe some kind of battle after they settle in Durotar against Jaina's dad or some bamf like Garithos.

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Arthas becomes a member of the Order of the Silver Hand. He purges Stratholme and chases Mal'Ganis to Northrend. He finds Muradin and takes up Frostmourne and betrays his men to keep them from leaving. He wonders Northrend and then "SUCCEEDING YOU, FATHER" happens. He then does battle against Uther and slays him. His undead forces take over Lordaeron and he returns to Icecrown to merge with the Lich King who had been whispering to him through the sword. Nerzhul doesn't have to be mentioned, it can just be a spooky spirit. Time skip and then Uther's right hand man, Tirion Fordring, rallies a Horde+Alliance force to attack Icecrown Citadel. Thrall and maybe a few more known characters are in the group that battles Arthas with Fordring at the frozen throne. Arthas freezes Fordring and kills every good guy in a badass 10v1 fight. Fordring then breaks out of the ice with the muh Light and shatters Frostmourne. Terenis' spirit comes out and resurrects the heroes. The WotLK cutscene happens and Arthas dies.

nice projectioning you got here

We did it, bros!

We did it!

We saved cinéma from capeshit!

>Batman and Wonder Woman only managed to add 160 million more to the Superman solo movie
>both movies are critically panned

There's also the fact that BvS opened with a massive 500 million opening weekend, the biggest in superhero history.
And even then, it got gigantic drops of around 60-70% each week, for a total of 95% drop in 4 weeks.
Why?
Abysmal word of mouth, there's nothing else, people didn't like it.
Either that, or turns out more than half the people who were interested in the movie watched it on release.

The problem here is that BvS had to seal the reputation of the DCEU and solidify it's status as a franchise, and turns out both critics and a fuckload of people hated it.
So, the franchise begins with the big guns, with Superman. What happens? Very divisive movie, people have their doubts, some dislike it.
They brought Batman and Wonder Woman.
More of the same, but with even more dislike, probably due to everyone realizing DC is rushing everything to bring in their own Avengers.
Do they need the entire goddamn Justice League to convince people?
And even then, are Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg going to change anyone's opinion, even more with Snyder making JL?
What made people expectant for Avengers was the build up, seeing the origin of everyone, and how it all came together.
DC made one solo movie, and in the next movie we have seen the entire Justice League in different forms.

If this goes on, what will happen to DC is what happened to FOX, they'll retain a loyal fanbase, but a very small one.

>implying you're not a fat virgin
:^)

>70 million foreign so far
>domestic take is usually about half/one third of foreign market so say 100 million overall
>plus 120 million from China potimistically, 220m
>half goes to theatres

It's not even going to make back its budget

I suppose given their reaction to the Nost question but given the success of StarCraft, you'd think they at least consider WCIV from time to time.

I'm not, I don't watch videogame flicks.

Whatever you say dude :^)

35% of WoWs playerbase is also female, are they also fat neckbeard virgins?

That's so weird that he's called rat god, when I saw the picture my first thought was "that's one ferrety looking motherfucker"

>35% of WoWs playerbase is also female

Let's take a look at the morning of the average female WoW player.

>In one week

>>plus 120 million from China potimistically, 220m

It's already projected to make $300 million based on presale tickets etc, it would very well go above that

Are you disney shills even trying?

legendary didn't fully fund this movie so they don't deserve all the money anyway

warcraft only needs 400 million for a sequel

HIGH TEST

THICKER

Which would equal 75 million considering you only get about 25% of the actual chinese box office.
latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-china-films-box-office-20150604-story.html

i really hope they move into war3, wanna see arthas on silver screen

Warcraft does better in my theater than Xmen, like way better

...which is already half the production budget
Also, legendary is owned by a chinese company nowadays so it might even make more thasn 25%

Seriously, are you even trying? Are you so deluded that you think it's gonna flop at the box office when it's already been proved that it's not?

Brazil is one of the most populated countries you dip-shit, of course it's a huge deal

Sure, but that means it's going to make Need for Speed and Prince of Persia levels of profits.
I mean, it's okay, but I don't see what's so special about it.

Why do Warcraft friends not like Disney.

Video games have been mainstream for years. Vidyakino is real

Yes, Call of Duty and FIFA.
Not World of Neckbeards.

No it doesn't you delusional fuck
It will have outgrossed both of those movies after next weekend

Not really.
It's going to drop like a rock once word of mouth gets out.
It already happened in Europe, in USA is dead on arrival and it's going to kill the Chinese box office.
Sorry tbqh pham, but seriously, I feel bad for Duncan.

>It already happened in Europe

It made 30 million first weekend and 29 million second weekend

What a drop :^)

Source?

But word of mouth is good. It's the critics who are shitting on it because it's not a Disney flick.

The word of mouth is only good in these echo chamber threads.

>because it's not a Disney flick.
But people praised Deadpool and shat on Alice 2.

Just give me a god damn Arthas movie

Go look at some of the reviews from people who aren't from Literally Who blogs. It's not 17% bad by a long shot.