‘Archer’ Producers Want Jon Hamm for Live-Action Movie

>As far as casting Sterling Archer (voiced by H. Jon Benjamin) in a potential live-action Archer film, well, the team has only one actor in mind.
>“It’s Jon Hamm,” says Thompson, firmly. “If Archer goes live-action, I do believe it will be Jon Hamm. Maybe you could do it with Jon Benjamin’s voice coming out of him? I don’t know. Adam is always like, ‘I don’t know if I want the movie to be live-action because I want it to be Jon Benjamin!’ But if it is live-action—and if it is not Jon Benjamin—it is our greatest hope that it would be Jon Hamm. I can say that with confidence.”
thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/03/archer-producers-want-jon-hamm-for-live-action-movie.html

Name a better actor to play him
protip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NMq6xDHBKwQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This movie would suck

But who will be Lana?

kinda big for the role though

He's too old and not pretty enough.

Too old and too dad bod for the role

Nicki Minaj

A live-action Archer movie sounds like a terrible idea, though, no matter who they cast. Especially if they're re-casting the main fucking role. Bad idea on every level. If they do an Archer movie, it should just be animated

>inb4 idris elba

January Jones in black face

girlwood

Idris Elba

You guys think Rashida Jones would make a good Lana? Technically she's perfect since shes a half black mulatto

He would be awful.

I think this guy would look the part better but I've never seen him act in anything.

Her voice actress.

Rosario Dawson

>not casting Idris Elba

Yikes

But he's gay and gays can't play leads

She's like 3ft tall and looks like she gets winded walking up stairs.

This.

he was pretty funny in nice guys but he has zero charisma, which is sort of what made him funny. archer's got buckets of charisma.

They can literally just get Girlwood because she looks the part despite being darker then Lana's design.

Quick cast Pam!

Why would it not just be Aisha Tyler? They don't need to re-cast ALL the roles. The only reason they're talking about re-casting Jon Benjamin is because he looks so different from his on-screen character. Lana pretty much looks like Aisha Tyler.

he's too old

But I thought Lana was a "high yellow" black, not west African black.

What's her voice actor look like? Because otherwise they'd just phone it in with Jewmer, most likely.

This is the only correct answer.

Archer has 0 charisma.

Phrasing

>"high yellow" black, not west African black.
what the fuck?

"High yellow" means more mullato/caramel-ish than black

>imblyng henry cavill wouldnt be perfect for archer

all he would have to do is just play the same role form the man from uncle

There are literally millions of actors with black hair and blue eyes that aren't as fat or old

More importantly who should play Cyril?

Fingers crossed Hamm will know that he's above that hack trash.

Archer is 80% Jon H. Benjamin, 20% cartoon.

This ain't gonna work.

...and also develop a sense of humor

yeah I was gonna say

If they really think people are gonna be interested in "Archer" without Jon Benjamin, they don't understand their own show

>this stupid nigger

Domhall Gleeson

chris parnell of course, there's actually a fair bit of resemblance

Archer has luxurious hair.

pls no, no more of that canuk goober

Jon Hamm can be really funny with the right material. He has great comedic timing. But I don't know if he could be funny like Benjamin is funny. It's just his voice is so funny

dub it obviously

does hamm get some kind of exhibitionist pleasure by having his hammaconda pressed up against his pants and making sure everyone sees it?

Amy Schumer.

I want another series first

They can't end on a goddamn cliffhanger

we're casting an actor not an """""""""""""""actor""""""""""

He's too old

The voice acting kind of makes the show though I mean Jon Hamm could get it pretty close but still it wouldn't be the same

Also why the fuck would they even think about a live action movie

Joan as Lana
Harry as Cyril
Trudy as Cheryl
Ginsberg as Krieger
Fat Betty as Pam
Bob Benson as Barry
Cooper as Wood house
Pete as Ray

I can dig it

Don't all the voice actors look like their characters in real life with the major exception of Benjamin?

He can't help it he just can't stop hanging dong

Kek you can see his tiny dick bulge. Poor guy

Where is it supposed to go, man? Where's he supposed to hide it? Nobody's forcing you to look

he can't act and is not funny

If you honestly think this would be a good choice, you're either autistic, or Ryan Reynolds, or both

Pam's voice actor is a relatively skinny redhead.

homer drooling donughts.jpeg

>live action judy greer playing slutty cheryl

FUND IT

he can act and was p funny in the man from uncle

>Max Greenfield

id love to see him in more but I dont think it fits

>tfw she's getting too old
>2004 era Judy Greer will never exist again to sit on my face

why on earth would you put this idea out there. don't you know there's a studio exec who will read this and actually consider this a good idea? you've potentially doomed the Archer movie user.

The girl who plays gillian in workaholics

visually it's a good match

Those are big hips.

perfect

>he has zero charisma,
I don't even like him, but that's not true.

the movie is gonna suck anyway so let's just make ben aflac do it

This.

wooden plank: the actor.
Have you even seen an episode of archer? archer is some charismatic, loud, funny, witty guy.
affleck is not one of these, maybe charismatic but that would already be a stretch.

He was good in Gone Girl though.

Isn't he currently busy camping outside his ex's place for hours begging her to take him back according to tabloids?

youtube.com/watch?v=NMq6xDHBKwQ

If they aren't going to re-dub his voice with H Jon Benjamin what's the point?

Like I said, charismatic, but he's not anything like archer.

I hope he does full-frontal nudity for this film.

This is the best possible choice. Can't do better than that

always thought of this when workaholics first aired