If you cut Unicorns, Galaxy I Sink and Do Glowy, this album becomes an 8/10. You don't even notice a change in the flow...

If you cut Unicorns, Galaxy I Sink and Do Glowy, this album becomes an 8/10. You don't even notice a change in the flow, and there's no reworking required for the transitions. At 43 minutes, it's even still album length.

>no reworking required for the transitions
I thought i was the only person on earth that edited transitions to make songs flow better

i don't want to have to touch the music at all desu

i don't like having to do it either but sometimes they make the most obvious, lazy mistakes when producing them and its so easy to just fix them in audacity i dont get why it wasn't done before release

I think its a solid soundtrack, but as a long time Flaming Lips fan the lyrics are very distracting to me and BOY are they awful. But everyone knows that.

Good sounds on this thing, kraut trap beats at times... I barely hear anything that might be from Michael Ivins or any drumming from Steven but it was the same for The Terror mostly.

i've heard one song and I'm not a flaming lips fan but I assumed the cheesy lyrics were to give it an oldschool psychedelic feel

>as a long time Flaming Lips fan the lyrics are very distracting to me
that's why i cut Unicorns and Do Glowy. The lyrics for most of the other songs aren't great (except One Night Wile Hunting, which has Coyne firing on all cylinders), but the lyrics to those two songs are so bad they just drag everything else down. when you cut them, everything is much more palatable.

They don't feel old-school. And Wayne is way better at writing whimsical psychedelic lyrics that are usually introspective (imo, lots of The Terror and Embryonic, ruminations all over) and this output is literally lazy sounding. Do Glowy is the laziest shit I've ever heard from him.

I feel where you're coming from then.

Galaxy and Unicorns are the only decent tracks in this shitpile of an album you mong

I can't listen to this shit. Were they even trying?

you can't listen to it be cause you are a radical teen baby

What

huh?

What

Galaxy is a half-assed knockoff of the Lips' 2011 sound and Unicorns is irredeemable with the exception of the Reggie Watts bit

>They don't feel old-school.
Syd Barrett would never have written anything as lame as tracks like Unicorns and The Castle.

>album leaks/releases
>Sup Forums consensus: "Wow this actually isn't that bad, solid 7-8/10"

>P4K/Fantano reviews come out, both pans
>Sup Forums now: "THIS IS GARBAGE SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE OLD FLIPS HOW COULD THEY MAKE THIS WHO COULD POSSIBLY ENJOY THIS!!!"

p4k's and fantano's reviews were pretty middling to be honest, neither of them disliked the album and more or less said that it was time for the Lips to shake up their sound and refocus. i recall mu not liking the album even before those reviews hit

this is more accurate for Dead Petz, which Sup Forums was actively praising before Garvey and Fantano shat on it

p4k and the fantano review seemed to ground my initial excitement for anything new flaming lips, and I agree that this isn't a bad album, just not as interesting or exciting as some of their other recent work.

It's okay to admit you've been influenced.

the p4k and fantano reviews came out like a full week after the album came out, and i heard it when it leaked a day or so before release, so they didn't influence me

i actually thought oczy mlody was going to be terrible based on my reaction to the singles, so hearing a middling album was actually a pleasant surprise

I was speaking for me that I had been influenced.
I also was really down on the singles and ended up pleasantly surprised, but not surprised enough!

i was really surprised that after disagreeing with the p4k reviews for The Terror and Dead Petz, that I would find their Oczy Mlody review to be right on the money