French / German

Which one is more valuable as a language, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4MhQlggx4lM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Purchase
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_in_the_American_Revolutionary_War
youtube.com/watch?v=cvZB5cNvQlk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

German of course. No be a good vassal and learn the language.

German, at last until the day Africa starts developing (lol)

Germanic languages are fucking disgusting and ugly, I feel like a barbarian just by typing this
French, on the other hand, is the most beautiful latin language

Yes, I have nightmares of reading French literature, just horrible. German on the other hand is just as easy and fast as Finnish, Swedish or English.
Tongue doesn't turn to say it.

>complains about barbarians
>comes from Brazil

Why do you hate yourself?

>just as easy and fast to read

>German on the other hand is just as easy and fast as Finnish

The best would English + German and French.

If you know those languages you are really golden in Europe.

We're just monkeys, what is totally different from being a barbarian
also, thanks God our language is a latin one and not some germanic garbage

German sounds like swearing evil drunkard

French some like prancing lala fruity boy

French history consists of more than trying to destroy itself/the world

French

>speaks English
>a Germanic language

>English
>Germanic

Toppening kekkening

Also, german is really beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=4MhQlggx4lM

Yep, that's why I said I feel like a barbarian

And here comes the mongol with his utterly shittaste

Probably french because people speak it outside of france unlike german.

>wanting to ever speak the black tongue of the krauts
i like france and french but it wins by default

wow thats pretty rude

Germanic languages are awful and German women have big blocky jaws.

But German is also spoken outside of France

French if you want to talk to niggers.

German if you don't mind about ugly languages and want to talk to... who the fuck speak German?

Improve your English, it's the only worthy language. Go for Spanish if you really want to learn something else.

French is easier to learn and a lot of different countries in Europe and Africa are speaking it unlike german

>French is easier to learn
At least not for a Finn (compared to German).

have you started learning grammer yet?

As somebody who learned both, German is way easier (though English is even easier than German)

English or Mandarin. Time to bow to the new rulers.

>Sarcasm from Hanns
And if not: 30 years ago.

I tried to take French course in university, but nothing came of it. German was piss easy to learn, especially when there was a interesting literature to help read.

i also hated french in my school and did the bare minimum. Now i dont remember anything but: "Je ne parle pas francais"
Also
>German Sarcasm

>who the fuck speak German?
100 million within Europe?

Same here. I didn't hate it at first but then after third grade our teacher was replaced by a really obnoxious frenchboo woman and it singlehandedly killed my interest in the language.

Why not both?

30% of english is derived from latin though,

europe: german
rest of the world: french

german is for being serious
french is for being charming

German is undeniably the strongest and manliest language there is, you subhuman ape. French on the other hand sounds good only when spoken by women. Get the fuck outta here with your faggy taste. Fucking homosexual.

>german
>langauge
CHACHACHACHACHACHACHACHA

German in Europe
French in the rest of the world

Try danish. Danish girls are beautiful but when they speak their languages it's horrible.

The problem with German are the accents. You can sound professional with any accent in French but try speaking with a Saxon or Austrian accent no one will ever take you seriously. And if you have a Bavarian accent they'll try to take you seriously but good luck making friends.

>I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse.
-Charles V

German is easy, the language has been incredibly simplified since 1933 (Nazi language got rid of lots of Fremdwörter, and orthographic standardizing from the 1950s onward did the rest). But then good luck trying to understand even 19th century litterature.

French is incredibly hard to learn, but once you've got it you can do what you want.

>German sounds like swearing evil drunkard.

Says the Ami who gets drunk after 2 Bud lights...

You can speak German in a lot of countries, like Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the Baltic states, Hungary, Austria, Poland, Turkey almost everywhere.

In Eastern Europe the alternative is sometimes French (Hungary, Austria, Romania and Moldavia...) but usually Russian, and those people don't like Russians so better speak German.

you are writting like a 14yo.

Deutsch of course.

It will be the language of Europe that's for sure.

But isn't Hochdeutsch there exactly to solve this problem? I mean, it's the standard version of the language, I don't see why anyone would have trouble with it. It's already spoken in large cities like Hannover, if I'm not mistaken.

>And if you have a Bavarian accent they'll try to take you seriously but good luck making friends.
You say that because it sounds too much like Hitler with the rolled Rs and all? lmao.

I think Bavarian accent is best accent desu. Although I'd speak Hochdeutsch in a professional environment.

french litterature > german litterature
so french obviously

>french litterature

>HUE HUE HUE

There are a lot of reasons why people don't speak Hochdeutsch, the wall and a shitty TV culture are two of them.

Hitler was relatively good at handling his accent and he adapted his language to the region he was speaking in. He doesn't have a specific Bavarian accent, just a mild South German accent. I think he was over-rolling the Rs for rhetorical effect.

Now a lot of people think Bavarians are arrogant and stupid people, but since they have some of the best things in Germany (best food, best weizen beer, best cars, best education) everyone shuts up. North of Würzburg it is often considered retarded to speak with a Bavarian accent desu.

They are both going to be replaced by Arabic mashallah

you right hombre

pretty much this.

French and German can be learned to a decent level within a year and if you keep with it a bit longer then you can reach a really good level within 2-3.

There isn't a debate here just do both if you like them.

This simply isn't true or a redundant statement for English speakers. There isn't a country in the world which learns. Native>German>English.

What kind of bizarro world would an English speaker have any lunch going to say Sweden and have better luck with their German ability.

This might hold true in maybe some places in central Europe which have poor English skills but this won't be the case at all in about 20 years.

It was meant "with abstraction of the English language", or else the whole thread is irrelevant.

Except for the Russian part. Usually in Eastern Europe people not speaking English understand a bit of Russian,

And by the way in France 20% of pupils learn French, German, and two years later English.

>French some like prancing lala fruity boy

...is it a good thing?

>French on the other hand sounds good only when spoken by women
>hello, I heard like 3 Frenchmen in my entire life, they sounded like fags, every frenchman sounds like a faggot xDDDDD

>Is your spouse former President Jacques Chirac

jej

Le français.

I'm currently moving to another house, so I had to rent one of those u-haul trucks to carry all my stuff between them. The caution signs all over the inside of the truck were in English and French.

I live in California, so it was surprising how they weren't in English and Spanish. Even the papers I had to sign for the truck had French translations underneath the English.

Lots of things here in the US are surprisingly in French: bags of grapes, laundry detergent instructions, refrigerator warning signs, garment washing instructions, etc.

Does anyone know why French is so prevalent here in the US? I'd go so far as to say that French, in some places, is more common than Spanish.

I don't really mind it, since I'm in the middle of teaching myself French.

What if i speak with a roach accent? :DD

Nothing is worse than a Saxon accent. With the strongest Turkish or Polish accent people will usually give you a chance. If you're the bad kind of Turk there will be other signs...

I remember that almost every guy in my school choose german as their second language while the majority of the girls choose french.

French so I can work for the Canadian government

depend on what kind of philosophy you want to read

honestly you should learn german if you are a die-hard philosophy lover but if you prefer poesy or literature french is the fucking best, theres literally too much to read, even obscure writers from the 1800-1900 periods are masters.

just don't get surprised if you start with camus and it read like shit.
camus.
write.
like that.
all the time.

no "," only fucking 8 words phrases.

This is not an insult but i feel like you should learn more about the history of your own country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Purchase

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_in_the_American_Revolutionary_War

Nu hammors abor gleisch nah beienannor, Freundschn!

French.
English>Chinese>Spanish>French>Arabic

Academically, most(iirc around 80%) of everyday conversational English is Germanic based.

French is more useful in terms of who speaks it, but who wants to speak to useless Belgniggers and Northern Africans

German is pointless because the Nordic languages are all better, nobody cares about Switzerland or Austria anyway

After Napoleon there was a Saxonisation of the English language. All English grammar books from the 19th century talk about getting rid of the French part of the English language. For example always use a saxon word if there is one instead of a Latin word.

But it's headed the other way now. Lots of new words are Latin based (actually French-based, but they wouldn't admit it). American academics love French words and Latin words because it makes them sound more educated. Just look at the GRE English vocabulary test.

French.

I'm bilingual (french, english) and have had opportunity to use French almost everyday while living abroad in Europe. German is spoken in basically just Germany, austria, and small parts of switzerland. French, on the otherhand, is a prestige language and is spoken in France, belgium, switzerland, monaco, canada, parts of the US, and huge amounts of countries in Africa. This is even discounting the large francophone populations of North Africa (Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco) that speak French fluently as a second language.

Without a doubt French is more useful as a diplomatic world language.

F R E N C H

besides german is an ugly, pleb tier language

>German is disgusting and ugly
Depends on who is speaking it.
Some people say French sounds gay also.

This

>french to speak to negros
It's true. I saw a stat that says ~60% of the world's total speakers are Africans now.

>German is easier than French
How? Other than the strange pronunciation, virtually everything about French is much easier.
German grammar is no fun.

>Nordic languages are all better
Any in particular? Too few speakers though...

youtube.com/watch?v=cvZB5cNvQlk

French has far greater application.