Disgusting color pallet

Disgusting color pallet

>Transformers Cinematographer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bnd57nxrG_w
ifdb.fanedit.org/man-of-steel-remastered/
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O27AWRvz2gc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is it with Sup Forums neckbeards and crying so hard over any form of color correction/visual effect? No one cares you don't like it you fat, stupid waste of space.

its just autism

It's called a pleb filter.
Refrain from posting this when there's already a MoS thread.

if an entire movie was shot in a purple tint you'd complain

>he hasn't seen Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets

>What should we do with the color in our SUPERMAN movie?
>How about we cut 50% of it out?
>SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!

Don't think its the DP that does color grading but i could be wrong.
Anyways. This thread made my autism flare up so i edited it to bring out more of the normal colors whilst leaving in some of the grading.

fixed.

look at these side by side and tell me you wouldn't prefer a superman movie in actual color

Hairline

way too much saturation there.

have mine.

This makes it look like a 70's/80's movie.

tru. I may overcompensate cause I'm on a TFT monitor with 58% sRGB coverage lol

no, probably not.

this looks like shit come on now

hehe. actually mine had a too low saturation so what i did was combine ours and i think it came out quite good.

i'd like to see this movie, purple is a patrician color

Would it actually be possible for someone to color correct the entire movie? How much time and effort would that be? Anyone doing it by any chance?

youtube.com/watch?v=bnd57nxrG_w

ifdb.fanedit.org/man-of-steel-remastered/

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O27AWRvz2gc

here's my edit desaturated a bit with some JJ Abrams magic put in.

Truly patrician I think you'll agree.

I've got the tools to do it and thought about doing it but I can't be bothered to lose a whole weekend rendering out the entire movie just for lulz.

I would just get sued if I put it online too.

Instead of changing the color pallet, they should have just played Johnny Cash's "Hurt" on a loop for the same effect.

The "restored color" edit is still trash. They didn't correct it back to natural colors, they probably just put it through an automatic filter.

You can approximate the original's natural colors much better if you spend time on it.

>Would it actually be possible
Absolutely.
>How much time and effort would that be?
Depends on the level of correcting.
For instance, pic is nothing but auto color applied.
It will most likely make the film a more natural color than the strange tint in the original however it would inconsistent throughout the film.
You could also edit each cut of the film which would take a lot of time, maybe 5-10 days depending on how much time you put into it.
If you are a no life NEET maybe 3 days to get a consistent good colour throughout the whole film.

Render time for 1080p would take a really long time, count days.

proper kino my friend

That's amazing. Now I just gotta figure how to get the edit. Not sure about the change of music tho...

rate my kino

i wanted it to be SUNNY

A very surreal almost dreamlike look to this one

Very comfortable

I like it
Goes with his smile

rate my kino

i wanted it to be DARK&RAINY

Zack/10

shouldn't you be working on JL, zack?

YES
this is how it should look

It's not *any* sort of color correction: it's specifically this kind of color grading which emulates bleach bypass in film but does so badly and doesn't look anywhere near as good.

It's ten times worse on Sup Forums. I don't understand how you people notice these tiny details in visuals and sound quality. You're all MBTI sensor plebs.

not depressing enough

>Disgusting color pallet

Are you a forklift driver?

See, this is what actual film bleach bypass looks like.

There's some desaturation, but it isn't huge, and the blacks tend to crush, giving more contrast and more texture.

This was a popular thing during the 90's independent film boom. You see it all over stuff like memento, the matrix, seven, sex lies and videotape, etc. All those films take influence from film noir and part of the reason they choose this technique is to emulate the high contrast B&W look of noir.

Snyder is a 2nd generation wannabe for these much more talented directors, which is part of why he ended up being brought in as a replacement for Chris Nolan.

But he's a hack. He apes the style with different technology, he doesn't really know how to make it look good, and he uses it places where it makes not sense or is inappropriate.

It's more of a filter to make the scenes seem more comic~esque, which they do

No, just a decent speller

Eh? Comics are bright and flashy.

s-sorry mr znider.

sorry again, z-znider.

Not really, quite a few comics have distinguishing colour characteristics, TKDR for example is very light-blue

needs more heavy handed Christ symbols in the background.