I want to get into old rock, and oldies... (not necessarily psychedelic) which isn't Dad Rock...

I want to get into old rock, and oldies... (not necessarily psychedelic) which isn't Dad Rock. Stuff like Yes for older rock, Specter's work on the Back To Mono compilation. Recommendations?

This is pretty patrician 'dad' rock.

Gentle Giant?

>I want to get into old rock, and oldies... (not necessarily psychedelic) which isn't Dad Rock.
First day here, aye? Don't take terms like pleb, patrician and dad rock seriously. Listen to music you want to.

>Dad Rock
Yes is extremely dadrock. You should stop listening to them.

Listen to every Rush album from 2112 - Moving Pictures

>Le 70s rock = dad XD XD XDDDDD

If CTTE was dadrock the average dad wouldn't be such a plebeian.

literally the first thing i thought of.
also check out pic related

not rock per se but probably the best thing from that era I've heard in a while

Here you go, OP

Another good listen

Yes is super dadrock. King Crimson, Moody Blues, CCR, Jefferson Airplane, Love, Mike Oldfield,Tim Buckley

My dad listened to them and is still a pleb

You're talking about exploring a span of rock music covering the 50s, 60s and 70s.

Where do you want to start?

Just look through the similar artists on Last.fm and start checking them out. It's kind of broad just saying you want to get into classic rock, there's millions of bands.

bump

I think The Who were actually better when they were a youthful, swinging, thrashing mod band of the 60s, rather than a farty arena/dad-rock band of the 70s.

The Who Sell Out is their best album. Call me crazy, but I find stuff like "Magic Bus" and "I Can See for Miles" to be more viscerally exciting than stuff like Baba o'riley and Won't Get Fooled Again.