ITT : We Post Legitimate Complaints About Our Favorite Album

>Sometimes the opening half of Static can be tough to get through
>When the band comes in on Antennas To Heaven, it sounds a bit rough

That's it though

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwDaFdVd8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i hated superfast jellyfish, it was awfull. still my all time favorite album though

The lyrics/rapping are really not that good sometimes

Please Remember and Windows could have been more positive and happy

>the woman's religious monologue in Static can be a drag sometimes

>Reasonable Doubt by Jay Z
Both Regrets (and Can I Live 2 on my copy of the albums) are very weak closer tracks and probably could have been taken off to improve the album

>Homogenic
The album version of the closer track "All Is Full Of Love" is just not very good. Should have went with the single version.

>Madvillainy
Shadows of Tomorrow was shitty filler and should not have been left on the album.

Those are the main ones I can think of right now.

>Winter Wonder Land
>didn't end with Safer

blitz is sort of pointless, a short instrumental and probably the worst beat on there at that

the build on All Is Full Of Love is incredible though

The best tracks are front loaded on the front and the back of the album

Samurai sword, while a good track, is sorta a dick move lul

The production could be better. Even for an indie album. A lot of people complain about the drums being very low and I have to agree.

B-but why? I love Shadows of Tomorrow. The lyrics are very abstract and unique.

Yea, Safer should in that album for sure.

Her voice is abit goofy on Emily and Cosmia in a few parts

Morning Bell/Amnesiac is easily the worst Radiohead track

nothing, it's perfect

bump

on spotify it ends with safer, also I feel like WWL belongs

Kek

why the harsh noise

why'd you post in the thread then

Kek

Winter Wonderland is the lyrical thesis of Animal Collective as a band .

Oh Sister should be on the album, and Fool is pretty long winded.

Agree with this.

It ends.

You must hate fun

Of all the random skits on Madvillainy you call Shadows of Tomorrow shitty filler? Dude what about Rainbows??

Tikwid shouldn't have been cut from Feels.

>B-but why?
Quasi's verse annoys the living shit out of me and it's the worst beat on the album.

>Dude what about Rainbows
Rainbows was pretty dope.

>Morning Bell/Amnesiac is easily the worst Radiohead track

>Doom's shitass singing over a surprisingly lame melody for a Madlib production

>dope

Different strokes for different folks i guess

Oh Comely is way too long and usually pulls me out of the album.

As much as i like that album, i think the songs drag on for a little long.

some of the lyrics are retarded

bump

>Born to Run
Why does She's the One have to be so fucking cheesy

>Late Registration
Bring Me Down sucks

>Disintegration
Prayers for Rain lasts a minute too long

You hate one of the best songs on a not super great album lol

Tracks like Babs Uvula Who? and Tight Wad Hill are absolute filler, and Walking Contradiction is good song that would be a great song if they wrote another verse rather than repeating the first verse.

I guess, the album can get a bit TOO lo-fi at times

Pena is ruined by the vocals
Seqencing could've been a bit better, i feel like it's kinda backloaded

WWL is a fantastic song dude
>that based panda drumming

Vocals kinda piss me off on this

agree about best tracks

P much

some songs sound way too similar and drag on a bit too long

that one song about him pissing his pants in an expensive suit is stupid

The Same Deep Water As You is a minute or two too long

Its a perfect album otherwise

>Uviol is a bit slow

every foxy shazam song is stupid. just good .

>Columns is a bit preachy
>The way Compliance fades in and out, although I feel the song itself fits well within the album as prep for Intent and Purulent Discharge

honestly not that good of an album

Jigsaw Falling Into Place is pretty unremarkable.

>i don't like kennel district
>at all

lol

Soon seems slightly out of place on the album with the dance beat it has going on.

Wtf dude I love that song and I usually dislike spiral songs

Is this bait

>honestly not that good of an album
>not being honest at all

hey man, winter wonderland is a gem of that album! what gives! underrated as darn!

Nope, it's my least favorite song on the album. Feel free to disagree though.

the whole middle ambient section of the album is incredible

this

>Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me
The best songs are all in CD1
>Joanna Newsom - Milk Eyed Mender
Her voice sounds a bit amateurish. Three little piggies.
Monkey and Bear is just not that good.

>tfw no flaws, not even one

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwDaFdVd8U

I personally like that song actually. Reminds me of frank Zappa but i definitely understand why someone wouldn't like me. in my mind the worst song on there is SWEEPSTAKES OH

I really like this album mostly out of nostalgia and how the first listens are extremely good but like a lot of poppy catchy tunes they don't have as much staying power and re-listen ability and a lot of it is pretty samey.

yup.

Static is what makes Skinny fists a top tier acid album

>The Ninth Wave could be a little less vague - it just seems like a pastiche of loosely connected songs until you dig deep enough
>the transition between Hello Earth and Morning Fog is too jarring
>after hearing the 11/10 rendition of Morning Fog on Before the Dawn, the original sounds like a mere prototype

this

But it's my favorite song on the album.

No pressing of this album has had a good track listing. They all have their strengths but end up doing stupid shit like either leaving out good songs or messing up the flow wrong (my vinyl has take care at the end of side 1 instead of ending side 2 which makes no sense it's the PERFECT CLOSER). I made my own tracklisting which I like much better.

Yeah the Before the Dawn version of Morning Fog is superior. I also love the version of Under Ice on there. There's this little extra keyboard bit where she goes "the river has frozen over" and it's such a small change but sounds so good.

The rykodisc one is fine to me except for the bonus tracks at the end

Yeah that's probably the best officially released one. I'm glad to have the bonus tracks but they don't fit in well. Plus I'm not big on Kangaroo into Stroke it Noel, it's a tad jarring.

Here's my tracklist, I took a bunch of ideas from the rykodisc cd and the pvc vinyl:

Stroke it Noel
For You
Kizza Me
You Can't Have Me
Femme Fatale
Jesus Christ
Blue Moon
(My autism likes to think this is where a side break would be)
Thank You Friends
O, Dana
Big Black Car
Holocaust
Kangaroo
Nighttime
Take Care

He's got a lot of couches

I like this, thanks.

Have you heard any of the new Complete Third stuff? I bought the record store day demos vinyl and I really enjoy it

Did you See me? should have been on this fucking album, either before Ocean Man for a great tone shift, or after she wanted to leave to an amazing closing song.

Agreed on Antennas To Heaven. Sounds like it was recorded badly, like they messed it up and then started from the part where the band kicks in.

Yesss i have no idea why they excluded it

I would also say replace Pink Eye with Kim Smoltz

i will never listen to williams mix

Vera and Bring the Boys Back Home serve no point to the story, although the transition from BtBBH to Comfortably Numb is pretty nice.

it's interesting to listen to at first but it's too fucking long

>the transition from BtBBH to Comfortably Numb is pretty nice.
one of my favorite parts of the album desu

Kim smoltz is a better song, but I think pink eye fits the theme of the album better.
Why are Ween outtakes/b-sides so fucking good?

Suffragette City can be obnoxious if you aren't in the mood

Yep. Love this album but William's mix isn't really listenable

Yeah I got it too and really like it. I was really surprised by some of the stuff on there, like that rough cover of Don't Worry Baby, and I was super excited to hear the acoustic version of Kangaroo. It was really neat to hear how the songs evolved and came together.

the ambient parts are a little too long at times

Yeah they're totally irrelevant to the story, I just like how they flow. Side 3 is probably my favorite side of the wall actually, it's the best paced to me.

the whole album is an ambient part tho

are you implying that the album is boring

Discipline 99 was ruined by first voice sample. Would have been far better if the instrumental kept going whilst it played, much like the second part of the song.

That's what makes it so good
Compared to onslaughts like Pen Expers and Lentic Catachresis it's like a peaceful atmosphere

The latter half of Tooth Fairy Retribution Manifesto thematically goes against the grain of what the album manages to accomplish. Still a great, rocking track.

The climax of Static is a little less than graceful. Everything static tried to accomplish Yanqui U.X.O. did better, but that doesn't make the album that much lesser or anything. Sleep's guitar part goes on a little too long.

You're right there, man.

Agreed, daydream nation isn't that well mixed for how good an album it is

i don't like baby don't sleep that much and all black is a just a bit too long.

Left a lot of quality songs off. Stickman, Abused, and True Love are three of the best songs Elliott ever wrote and there's no reason they shouldn't have been on here. It really feels like his family withheld them because of how personal they are, despite the fact he probably wanted them out.

Part IV should have ended two tracks earlier.
Words on Signs doesn't have the impact on repeat listens.
Razed to the Ground is awesome, but it feels like it was thrown in there so they'd have at least 3 tracks with Rosko John on each disc/album.
Some of the trippy, atmospheric production collapses under better audio hardware.
Come On Get High is a decent song with a purpose in the psuedo-plot the album has going for it but it's still a stupid title for a song.
Pictures feels like a B-side because it probably was.
Lunar bender feels like it was just there to have a positive ending to the second album.

The production can be dense at interesting, but the audio quality still sounds like shit a lot.

The Echo-ey section in Cassandra Gemini where it intentionally falls apart before coming back goes on for far too long.

Star is kind of slighted and forgotten about even if it has a point in the plot.

>*fart*

Sweepstakes is the best on the album

Side 3 is great, In The Flesh will always be my favorite song on the album.

This album is absolute plebbit shit

the buzzing on vapor trails is kinda annoying

The skit at the end of Blame Game is super repetitive
So Appalled really didn't have to be there

What is the appeal to this album?
I finished listening to it a couple hours ago. Really liked every track on CLPPNG (except for the William's mix) but wasn't really feeling this one. Cool concept but maybe too over my head?