/Angel&Buffy/

No shitposting about the superior show (Angel).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hYAuR5bkIlQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Movie > Show

user, its usually not best to include both in same titles, despite it being a shared universe, more often than not it has distinctly different audiences.

only pleb faggots can't appreciate both

Maybe but it;s better to keep it all in one thread since neither thread has many posters to begin with.
Also i was rewatching Angel after many years and season 2 episode 1 is fucking great.

I don't have the sheer willpower ti watch all of season 1 of Angel. I physically cannot do it. And I really want to watch it

I like season 1 so I do not understand why you need willpower to do it, throw it up in background when you're doing something else, you'll get pulled into it.

Start at season 2 then. Season 2 is great, even the first episode gets you really into it.

I got as far as Wesley turning up and just stopped. It was terrible. And I love Buffy season 1 so I'm nit sure why I hate it

Some great parts, like the Faith two-parter and the last two episodes. Overall it's pretty good

You're already halfway there user, and the second half is noticeably better than the first, especially toward the end. Trust me

>Doyle died
>Cordelia died
>Wesley died
fuck Joss, i loved this show till it shit on the only good characters

>Movie

What? There is an Angel movie?

Did they do an episode in a later season where the characters revert back to their old personalities.... Badass Wesley rubbed me the wrong way

Buffy

>Buffy

[double spaces]

Hurr durr what?? There is a Buffy movie? LOL What? /reddit

>preferring old Wesley
It's just another of Whedon's "you shouldn't like this one-dimensional character I made so idiots know who to hate"

S4, Spin the Bottle

>Badass Wesley rubbed me the wrong way
fight me faggot

That one I have seen it.

Fuck off retard.

Just started season 2 of Buffy. What was the deal with female vampires always acting as if they were having a lot of fun, no matter what was happening to them, and talking as if they were trying to control their laughter?

That blonde vampire that dual wields pistols when she tries to kill Buffy was so fucking annoying because of that. Then during the final episode the vampire that impersonates Charisma Carpenter's character acts the same exact way.

Also, why was Miss Calendar so damn hot? She'd probably browse /x/ and mock the roleplayers.

>Also, why was Miss Calendar so damn hot?
what do you mean 'was'?

posting webms. sorry, m80s, not taking requests this time.

spike + buffy = best

>Just started season 2 of Buffy. What was the deal with female vampires always acting as if they were having a lot of fun, no matter what was happening to them, and talking as if they were trying to control their laughter?
Because women are special, so all female vamps are given speaking parts and bubbly personalities while the male ones grunt and yell "Slayer" shortly before being dusted

>Also, why was Miss Calendar so damn hot?
Definitely the hottest character the show had before Dawn

its wymon power: the show

I dunno if anyone informed you of this, but the first season and a half of the show are extremely cringe inducing and inconsistent. It's even worse when you watch them after you know how good the show becomes.

it only gets rolling when spike joins as main cast

I actually watched it as a kid, went back to it because I miss the monster of the week format.

I understand how much tv content has improved over the years, but I feel like the monster of the week thing gave breathing room for writers to go a bit crazy without having an impact on the overarching plot of the show.

I mean, we could never have had that X Files episode about cockroaches if the show was made by the current standards, each episode having to forward a plot and have plot hooks and twists.

there's nothing wrong with motw, as long as it's done right.

I agree, but most people I talk to wouldn't. They see it as a relic of the past.

>trying to make this a general, years after both shows ended
>trying to make a general devoted to Joss Whedon of all people
>/____/ format
>OP doesn't even bother to make a worthwhile post, just wants people to talk to him about his long-dead favorite shows

Fucking kill yourself.

But that's where it starts... Weasly's transformation is probably one of Angel's greater achievements as a show.

I'm not that far into that show, but I remember Willow being a wiccan lesbian or something. Was that done just for the sake of typical Whedon progressiveness? She was into Xander early on, and jealous of his crush on Buffy.

at first it seemed natural, like she just happened to fall in love with that specific woman, but later they just made her full on dyke who couldn't even find men attractive.

Ah Darla becomes really gets her time to shine on Angel though.

To me what Buffy really nailed was character development. To this day it's still not that common to see character attitudes change and grow like that... not to mention being able to refer to life topics on the subtext of the supernatural events.

F*ck you you f*cking assh*le. There's nothing wrong with trying to make a general, there's nothing wrong with Joss Whedon, there's nothing wrong with slash formats, and there's nothing wrong with making generic posts with little substance to create a "subforum" to discuss topics of interest.

Well to be fair they did hint to that when they introduced vampire Willow on season 3. Evil Willow was with Xander but was kind of gay too.
Sadly evil witch Willow was not half as cool.

>Sadly evil witch Willow was not half as cool.
this. fucking cliche mustache twirling villain with shitty lines is what she was.

>MUH SECRET CLUB
>MUH SAFE ZONE

wat

like you never slaughtered an animal before. fucking pleb.

Gunn is my favourite character, am i the only one like this?

Even the bad MOTW episodes of Buffy are entertaining, certainly better than some of the shitty soap opera episodes in later seasons, pic related

>It's a Riley is seeing vampire prostitutes and then leaves on a helicopter episode

why do you hate this episode so much? i assume you're the same user who keeps mentioning it.

He's not my favorite, but he's great. The episode where he teams up with Gwen Raiden to fight the Yakuza is one of my favorites

hmm i don't remember that episode, what season is it in? just started rewatching after many years so my memory is a bit off.

Because it's literally nothing but melodrama and cringe-inducing dialogue from beginning to end, all of Marti Noxon's worst tendencies as a writer on overload

honestly all i remember from that episode is her running to da chopper, even tho Riley never told her where he's gonna be or even that he's gonna leave by chopper.

Season 4, name of the episode is Players

seconding this, there're few people who have ever said something negative about his arc, especially if you have seen the whole thing from beginning to end.

Thanks user, currently on season 2 so i'm looking forward to watching that again.

>16 posters

this thread is dead.

Unusually low, normally angel/buffy posters are a much higher number.

>less popular subjects attract less posters

Wow, what a surprise.

She's the qtest.

Isn't she quite thick now?

youtube.com/watch?v=hYAuR5bkIlQ

Count yourself lucky user, every scene from that shitfest is seared into my memory for all time.

I used to really love Wesley's arc but on rewatch it comes across very edgelord grimdark its kind of pathetic.

It pains me that she never got a sex scene. By 2004 she was hot as fuck.

And while on that topic:

Vamp Willow = Faith > Lilah = Jenny > Dawn > Fred > Darla = Cordi (on Angel) = Halfrek > Kate > Buffy > Harmony = Kennedy > Tara

I've also re watched it recently and i still love it.
I don't think it's edgy if there is reason and motivation behind it... like being treated like shit and be fired for being a loser, then getting his shit together, finding his place, then getting the throat cut and being ditched by those he tried to help...

I don't think he over reacted at all.

agreed

I've watched the entire series four times, and each time I only appreciate his arc even more. Also, strangely enough, I like Connor and the S4 arc more with each rewatch, hated it the first time around

Remember, this is the true ending, and everything else is just an alternative reality.

i think most of the buffyposters are Europeans and right now it's after midnight in europe.

Jesus the DNR on the "HD" looks like shit. I know about the issues with the pivot broadcasts I just never bothered to actually watch it. I'll just stick to my dvds until they can do it properly.

post an example.

in fairness, dnr-ing a 16mm film is a real bitch. I can only assume it got better from season 3 onward, when they started using 35mm

>its a buffys stunt double looks nothing like her and is way bigger than her episode

what ever do you mean?

This. Season 1 is worth watching if only for Faith torturing Wesley and the bantz they have.

>doesn't list fred
and thats because her death was a fucking improvement
she got so shit as time went on

any webms of taras huge ass

no, it goes down hill from then.

nah, it goes sideways.

Lots of posts here saying how shit Season 1 of Buffy is but season 7 is arguably worse. The slayerettes were insufferable and all the nice and loveable main characters suddenly treated Buffy like a cunt unfairly. It kinda made me angry watching it and not in a good way.

I love him, 3rd favourite character after Angel and Wesley.

I agree. season 7 is so bad for me that i don't even consider it part of the show.

I'm european too but you're right. Most of them aren't on at this time.

when was this?

What, you don't remember the episode where Spike fucks the lesbian outta Tara?

I don't actually

well, git gud.

Why is Fred so perfect, bros?

that's not Fred, that's Amy Acker

pfft what you talking about son that is Fred

Angel > Buffy

1) she's adorable
2) 10/10 legs & feet
3) she's from the greatest country on Earth, Texas