Duncan Jones directs Warcraft

>Duncan Jones directs Warcraft
>Makes Kino
>Studio sees this and cuts out 40 minutes
>Film is criticized for rushed storytelling and pacing

Why lads. WHY.

Other urls found in this thread:

moviepilot.com/posts/3954342
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-06/-warcraft-will-be-bigger-than-star-wars-in-china-here-s-why
wsj.com/articles/for-hollywood-not-all-box-office-dollars-are-equal-1409241925
forbes.com/sites/robcain/2015/05/17/chinas-pivotal-role-in-hollywoods-billion-dollar-movie-club/#311ebc121e0a
time.com/3954154/duncan-jones-warcraft-movie-female-characters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any chance we get some sort of director's cut edition?

Yep if the movie makes enough movie

as it's looking right now the movie is going to be succesful at the box office.
Not $1 billion+ succesful but still succesful

Shill pls.

Okay?

moviepilot.com/posts/3954342

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-06/-warcraft-will-be-bigger-than-star-wars-in-china-here-s-why

>china

Fucking nothing, you're just a bunch of retarded manchildren that know shit about how box office works.

It's okay, Duncan. David Lynch made a lousy sci-fi movie, and he turned out okay.

So what are you saying? Money from China is worth significantly less? Or maybe China gets to keep most of it?

wsj.com/articles/for-hollywood-not-all-box-office-dollars-are-equal-1409241925

Holy shit, you shills are dumb as fuck.

>The cut of each box office dollar that studios take varies from as little as 25 cents in China to about 50 cents in the U.S. On top of that, more-developed nations have robust DVD, digital and television markets that generate additional revenue following a movie's run in theaters. Developing countries, as well as ones with high piracy rates, have small or practically nonexistent post-theatrical businesses.

Because renting out a cinema is better if a movie is shorter.

Also, people still pay money to see it regardless.

>MUH SHILLS
>MUH MANCHILDREN

You got fuck all you come with
Did you even read what I linked you?

Yes they make less from China but it's irrelevant since they will make $300 million AT LEAST over there

I know that you're the same faggot that keeps spamming in the other Warcraft thread, just fuck off you deluded retard

not an argument, shill

Nice meme crossposter, fuck your vidya movie and fuck your meme molytuber

Why can't you make a proper response instead of using insults? It's pretty obvious you know shit about how the box office works and you're just getting desperate.

not
an
argument

You're getting desperate as fuck, shill.

I'm not that guy but you're the one that doesn't know anything about the box office dude

Nobody has fucking denied that it makes less % in China than domestically

All you got are buzzwords, so fuck off instead

>duncan spent 6 years of his life on this that could have been made making scifi kino

Except I do, retard.

If you think that China means shit then you're nothing more than a bunch of retards, specially when Domestic is already confirmed to be a failure.

Gota sell that bluray.

not a argument

>Warcraft
>Produced by Legendary Pictures
>On January 11, 2016, Chinese conglomerate Wanda Group announced that it concluded an agreement with shareholders to acquired Legendary Entertainment for $3.5 billion, making it the largest acquisition of an America film production company by a Chinese firm

>China doesn't mean shit kek

LITERALLY BTFO

I don't think I could have sat through 40 more minutes of wooden acting.

still not an argument, shill.

>didn't even burn down Stormwind
>Doomhammer didn't fuck everyones shit up
>Hellscream didn't say a single thing
6/10

>China means shit

This is the way people thought 10 years ago

There's a reason as to why every studio are pushing their blockbusters heavily in China you dumb fuck

You're literally the only one that is denying the fact that it will be a box office hit
How butthurt are you? Seriously

That literally means nothing worldwide, retard.

US income is still the only thing that matters.

>Pacific Rim
>Produced by Legendary Pictures
>Literally getting a sequel only because of China

BTFO
T
F
O

Oh, like BvS it's an editing problem. Gotcha.

Without the same director.
Without the same budget.
Without the same actors.

Shill pls.

>US income is still the only thing that matters

Once again, NO, I repeat, NO studio thinks this way anymore
You're right that this was the case 10 years ago but things has changed grandpa

International markets even matter MORE than domestic markets nowadays

Except that's false, shill.

Explain me your retarded logic of why you think this is true so I can laugh at you.

>son of David Bowie, who never did anything good
>movie is getting rekt everywhere
Like father, like son

I've never seen a Blizzdrone get this fucking mad

If China isn't profitable than why does Hollywood try to cater to them?

This shit is a business and there is money to be made in that market. Fuck off. Less take is made up for with more audience.

This is a good article on the topic

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2015/05/17/chinas-pivotal-role-in-hollywoods-billion-dollar-movie-club/#311ebc121e0a

>1 (You)

Also, to add one thing

Marketing in China is EXTREMELY CHEAP compared to USA, which of course also is an important factor.
Studios has to spend a lot of money to get nay sales domestically but in China barely anything at all

It'll do well in the foreign markets

>The billion dollar box office mark isn’t so much a magic number that guarantees profitability as it is a sort of symbolic Hollywood holy grail. After all, with more than half the box office receipts going to theater owners, and as much as a half billion dollars in production expenditures and global marketing costs, most studio blockbuster films rely far more on home video, digital distribution and TV sales than they rely on box office to break into the black.

>The billion dollar box office mark isn’t so much a magic number that guarantees profitability as it is a sort of symbolic Hollywood holy grail.

This is the only reason of why they care, shill.

Read and understand the shit you post.

Studios see about 10-15% of Chinese box office returns.

>SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL

I like how you pick one of the least important quotes in the article

What's relevant is the fact that China matter for the box office, no matter how much you choose to ignore it

That's incorrect, it's usually 25% but since Legendary is owned by a chinese company it might very well be more than that

Still no proper argument, shill.

>China has played an increasingly essential role as kingmaker for those films aiming for the rarefied billion dollar threshold.

>The billion dollar figure is important mainly because it offers the promise of big box office bonuses to the filmmakers and studio executives behind such successes, and bragging rights for everyone involved.

>and bragging rights for everyone involved

So it is.

It went from 11% to 25% this year.

Legendary also has two divisions (one Chinese one Domestic) to circumvent this anyway (mostly to circumvent the 10 picture rule).

>China matters for movies to reach 1 billion
>THAT DOESNT MEAN CHINA MATTERS FOR OTHER MOVIES XDDD

Stay retarded
We'll see in a few weeks disney cuck, have fun.

Are you retarded or are your reading comprehension skills really this poor?

I'm not calling a shill right now(although you are) but you're really dumb as fuck.

You are so deluded, it's like you actually fell for the >USA IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY EVER OF ALL TIME meme
these film companies aren't obsessing over what they sold in the US market alone you dumb fuck, just what they sold in the market overall

Yeah, I bet that's why all Hollywood films are now starring women or niggers and how they are trying to fit PC crap all the time even if China hates it (hurr durr muh gay Star Wars characters)....

You shills really know nothing...

so anything outside of USA is China?
wew lad

>thread turned into a sperg match
where the fuck is the fredposter when you need him

They are just as irrelevant as China, retard.

hahaha okay kid, I guess you did fall for the american patriotism meme lmao
your arguments are non existent and now you're just embarrassing yourself

You or any other shill haven't provided me any proper counterargument in the entire thread.

FUCKING DISNEY SHILLS GET OFF MY BOARD

t. Blizzard shill

But there have been loads, in fact your points have been blown out the water on several occasions, you just get upset and try to refute them all

Trying to say that all markets outside of USA are irrelevant is just fucking stupid, especially when the American economy is declining while others are growing healthily, Asia is a huge market with literally billions of potential customers, plus Europe and Oceania, and film companies are not going to skip out on these because retards like you watch too much Fox and read too much Trump and think that the USA is the shining light of the world
Thankfully they don't hire the mentally incapable like you to do jobs like that, stick to cleaning up public toilets or licking the dog shit from under my shoe, faggot

>says the Warcraft shill

Should we get them to direct the rest of the films?

Point me where so I can laugh at you.

Just release it already, I want to watch this trainwreck of flick

Just like that, you ignore the actual points and just send some bullshit reply
it's sad, little man :(

Why do studios care about running time as long as it isn't ludicrously excessive?

What normal moviegoer knows how long the film is before going to see it?

Is it just to maximize the number of showings per day?

Are you retarded?

>But there have been loads, in fact your points have been blown out the water on s
several occasions, you just get upset and try to refute them all

Point me where so I can laugh at you.

>Trying to say that all markets outside of USA are irrelevant is just fucking stupid, especially when the American economy is declining while others are growing healthily, Asia is a huge market with literally billions of potential customers, plus Europe and Oceania, and film companies are not going to skip out on these because retards like you watch too much Fox and read too much Trump and think that the USA is the shining light of the world

False, other countries are also seeing a decline.

>Thankfully they don't hire the mentally incapable like you to do jobs like that, stick to cleaning up public toilets or licking the dog shit from under my shoe, faggot

Nice argument, retard. You're nothing more than a butthurt shill

Since the critics are all bought by Disney/Marvel and hate it, does this mean it's pure kino for Sup Forums? Will this film be a cult classic?

not an argument

might as well call your shitposting goalposting with how often you're moving them

Explain me your logic behind this post, retard.

this ones sad
literally proved his point by just spamming 'retard'
you just ignored this one
ignored the point that it's China's reason the films being made, went on about how it's not the same film (I don't get your logic here but okay)
'except that's false' - great argument lmao
another two you ignored
very selective with the quotes here I see, just because they might not be making money yet it doesn't mean the money they're getting in is irrelevant? That's ludicrous lol, if they didn't get money from film screenings then the Dvd sales alone would never make any films break even
awful logic again, they're not just selling tickets for these films to have something to brag about you dumb fuck
ignored this
---------------------------------------

here, there wasn't really a single argument out of all the ones you put forward which had any backing, reading through them again was just painful
shock that the only response you had to the rest of my post was the handpicked part about declining markets

Did a horse kick you when you were young? Or did your single whore mother hit the bottle when she was carrying you? I'm just trying to work out how someone above 18 could be this mentally weak

Damn Jamie Lee Curtis looks like *THAT*!

>china literally doesnt matter shill
someone posts some shitty article
>it matters a little but THAT DOESNT COUNT SHILL
seriously nigger?

(You) this ones sad

Not a counterargument.

(You) literally proved his point by just spamming 'retard'

Not a counterargument.

you just ignored this one

not my post

(You) 'except that's false' - great argument lmao

Still waiting for the explanation.

another two you ignored

Not my posts.

(You) very selective with the quotes here I see,

Selective? I quoted most of the article.

>just because they might not be making money yet it doesn't mean the money they're getting in is irrelevant? That's ludicrous lol, if they didn't get money from film screenings then the Dvd sales alone would never make any films break even

Congrats on knowing shit, retard.

Even another post I made explains it: (You) awful logic again, they're not just selling tickets for these films to have something to brag about you dumb fuck

Nice reading comprehension, retard.

The article literally says that.

ignored this

Not my post.
---------------------------------------

(You) here, there wasn't really a single argument out of all the ones you put forward which had any backing, reading through them again was just painful
shock that the only response you had to the rest of my post was the handpicked part about declining markets

>Did a horse kick you when you were young? Or did your single whore mother hit the bottle when she was carrying you? I'm just trying to work out how someone above 18 could be this mentally weak

Keep the delicious butthurt, it proves how desperate you are right now.

If any sequel is made without the same director, cast or budget it pretty much means that the movie barely made a profit and producers decided to invest less in something just to increase their small profits.

Which is why you see many straight to video sequels.

Gotta make it through one more work week, buddy.

>Did a horse kick you when you were young? Or did your single whore mother hit the bottle when she was carrying you? I'm just trying to work out how someone above 18 could be this mentally weak

Get a load of this butthurt shill.

Is this the most autistic thread on Sup Forums right now?

so is it good or not?

>copying the (You)s
>arguing with yourself

?????

Are you SJW nu-male? Then you won't like it

Are you a normal human being? Then you'll love it

Dude what?
What is wrong with you alt-righters?
Is your brain working?

probably, considering the thread was made like 3 hours ago and they are still having a pissing contest on who can have the last word in one of the most retarded cases of discussions possible

As a Warcraft fan it frustrates me. But as it's own thing like capeshit is it's okay. Would love to see what was cut though.

Movie's making loads of cash faggot, it's getting a sequel whether you're butthurt or not.

>
> (You) this ones sad
>Not a counterargument.
> (You) literally proved his point by just spamming 'retard'
>Not a counterargument.
> you just ignored this one
>not my post
> (You) 'except that's false' - great argument lmao
>Still waiting for the explanation.
> another two you ignored
>Not my posts.
> (You) very selective with the quotes here I see,
>Selective? I quoted most of the article.
>>just because they might not be making money yet it doesn't mean the money they're getting in is irrelevant? That's ludicrous lol, if they didn't get money from film screenings then the Dvd sales alone would never make any films break even
>Congrats on knowing shit, retard.
>Even another post I made explains it:
> (You) awful logic again, they're not just selling tickets for these films to have something to brag about you dumb fuck
>Nice reading comprehension, retard.
>The article literally says that.
> ignored this
>Not my post.
>---------------------------------------
> (You) here, there wasn't really a single argument out of all the ones you put forward which had any backing, reading through them again was just painful
>shock that the only response you had to the rest of my post was the handpicked part about declining markets
>>Did a horse kick you when you were young? Or did your single whore mother hit the bottle when she was carrying you? I'm just trying to work out how someone above 18 could be this mentally weak
>Keep the delicious butthurt, it proves how desperate you are right now.
>
>If any sequel is made without the same director, cast or budget it pretty much means that the movie barely made a profit and producers decided to invest less in something just to increase their small profits.
>Which is why you see many straight to video sequels.

Damn Jamie Lee Curtis wears who shoes on the *WRONG*! feet

It's true

I'm answering the messages he quoted.

Not really, no.

>movie panders to SJWs with orcs being dindu nuffin
>SJWs and numales hate it

Explain me this, Sup Forums

Go to sleep, retard.

Not really, only a straight to video sequel or a lower budget sequel without the director or cast.

>>movie panders to SJWs with orcs being dindu nuffin
>>SJWs and numales hate it
>Explain me this, Sup Forums

Confirmed for not having seen the movie

>Hurr, movie's clearly about muh racism and refugee crisis!
Retard alert!

Have you? Show me the ticket stub.

How does it pander to sjw's? where was the sexism scenes like in Neighbores 2? Green Orcs are corrupt by the words of a prophet and want to kill the Orcs that don't convert, they migrate to a different world after the corrupt orcs destroy the last one and now the good clean blood orcs want to help the green corrupt orcs from migrating...

>Show me the ticket stub

nigger who the fuck saves movie tickets hahahah

Show me your tickets stub pls.

Go to bed, shill.

>hating on the movie without having seen it
>calls other people shills

>white orcs

seriously fuck these people. they are clearly brown. fuck these people and their agendas

Based on this retarded post I have a feeling that many /po/fag shills will be furious once the movie is released...

>So you feel you don’t have the same problems you would face in adapting something like Tolkien?
>Exactly. It wasn’t written by an old, white man in the trenches in World War I. It’s going to have a different vibe.

>There won’t just be good guys and bad guys, but heroes who deserve the audience’s sympathy.

>Though women combat sexism in the gaming world, Jones says that won't be an issue in his movie

time.com/3954154/duncan-jones-warcraft-movie-female-characters/

Sup Forumsfags will get triggered by anything, who cares

Are Disneyfags autistic?

Play Warcraft 1 your spastic retard and common sense...... fuck off back to Tumblr faggot.

>if the movie makes enough movie

Played WC2, 3, and WoW for 10 years.

Looks like the worst movie I've ever seen. Warfract is dead. Will no watch it. Do not care.