Whats the best portable device for listening to music? And whats the best file type to use?

Whats the best portable device for listening to music? And whats the best file type to use?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpimusicplayer.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

iPod and WAV

what type of ipod?

iPod Classic is probably best, FiiO X1 is also great if you don't want to spent $200

Also I don't really care about file types, normally just download 360kb MP3s and FLAC

I got the new FiiO X1 with the touchwheel when it came out. Love the hell out of it. Most have mp3 V0 files but it's nice to be able to play my high quality copy of Elseq

Cd walkman

got any pics of it? all the pics on amazon are blurry as fuck

not the user you asked but heres mine

i'd recommend making folders to categorize music in on the player (0-9, A-B. C-D, etc) so you don't have to scroll for 5 minutes through 300 albums

>iPod

not the best but my personal favorite for years

I thought that was his dick at the bottom hangin out.

Android phone with micro sd support
Mp3

iPhone 7 Plus 256Gb Jet Black + AirPods
aac

>only music player I have left is a 4gb shitty samsung thing from middle school

I miss my nano even if it was limited in space. Ipods definitely have a really sleek and nice design and interface to them. Not worth the money though.

>not worth the money
Every pawn shop near me has at least 20 of these for like 35-40 dollars a piece, which is cheap considering some of the people in this thread spent upwards 100 dollars on a portable music player

does it have gapless playback?

looks pretty nice. might consider getting one.

They were just better ok? I mean all this flac pdf garbage, none of it works right

Yes it does

I meant ipods in general but my only issue with nano's is the space. 16gb just isn't enough anymore.

>I'll never be a 10 year old on the bus to school listening to my cool burned cds thinkin I'm hot shit again

I need one that can play FLAC's since my phone became recently unusable.

Minidisks , they were mad , there was another one as well wasn't there? Cartridges or something? Digital technology has gone wonky

We're things better then. Yes.
Are they getting better now. No.

FiiO X1 can play FLAC files as well as other major lossless formats.

If you have an Android phone you can try using Shuttle for a music app, that can play FLAC files.

just use your fucking phone. if your phone was made in the past 2-3 years and has a good amount of storage (64gb or microsd slot) then you should be fine. best dedicated device would be an ipod classic or a fiio x1. WAV and FLAC take up waaay too much space, so just use v0 MP3s for the best quality per amount of space taken up.

i just make mine out of raspberry pi's
rpimusicplayer.com/

/thread

shuttle is decent, i prefer poweramp though or rocket player

Might as well switch over to either of those from Shuttle. I tried using Phonograph for a while but that was probably one of the most unstable apps I've ever used.

I've always used this 4GB iPod nano, second generation. Sure, 4GB is really small, but by the time I get tired of the music, I just delete it all and download some new crap to it. I just use 320kbps MP3s on it. I've also got RockBox installed on it for shits n giggles
>hur dur D00M.

It's really small, lightweight, and compatible. I can even manage the music on it throught my Debian setup via GTKPod. :P

>4 GB
is all your music just 128 kbps mp3s or something?

>Dark Side of the Moon baby

>320kbps MP3s

I use my phone, but I use Plex. You install a server program on your computer and point it to your media and it streams it. Pic related is what it looks like in a browser window, the server running on my seedbox and it works locally (e.g., when you're on wifi at home and you want to stream music from your computer) and over the internet. It reads metadata from your files and fills in album art. It also works for movies and TV, where it fills in directors, actors, release years, and it can even play trailers before movies if you want it to. The server is free, the apps cost $5 each which I think is well worth it.