ITT albums ruined by Danny Brown

ITT albums ruined by Danny Brown

He ruined Old but no other album

that album is ruined by reverb, repetitiveness and laziness
danny brown is the least of it's problems

Wildflower was an absolute piece of shit and possibly the most disappointing album I've ever listened to but that's far from Danny Brown's sole fault.

That said I really can't stand his gimmicky as shit voice, I would honestly rather he just make instrumentals. Trying to do serious artistic rap while sounding like the 4th member of The Lonely Island is just stupid.

ITT albums with disappointing second halves that not even Danny Brown could make better

>second halves
Are you implying the first half is tolerable?

I really don't understand the hate for this album, I think its big moments were bigger than Since I Left You's.

That one was ruined by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FRANKIE SINATRA

Yeah I like it much more than SILY, and the second half I find even better than the first half

>wait 15 years for followup to my favorite album of the 2000s
>gets teased a few months
>get more hype than I ever have for any album ever
>first track released is annoying carnival music with Danny Brown doing his annoying voice over it

I should have known there that the album was a piece of shit and not even bothered listening to the whole thing.

their live tour is even more pathetic
there are like five session musicians including some weedcarrier hype man while usually only ONE original member shows up and just sinks beers behind a dj deck doing very little

I really enjoyed it too. It isn't quite as good as SILY but it holds it's own very well

Tell Me What I Don't Know and From the Ground are the only tolerable tracks on AO.

why do people hate this album so much? the way people talk about it you'd think that robbie chater murdered their family or something

because it's shit senpai

That's what happens when an album has 15 years to build hype and then ends up being absolute shit.

>Some people actually gave AOTY to steve urkel

but anons, why is it shit?

The first album would take like 30 different samples and make a really unique and killer ass song out of it.

most of the stuff on Wildflower sounds like there's maybe 3 samples going into each song.
Beyond that it sounds really muddy and dreary compared to how crisp SILY was.

>amazing
Because I'm Me
Harmony
>great
Colours
Live a Lifetime Love
>repetitive
Subways
Sunshine
>lose the vocals
Frankie Sinatra - both the verses and the sample
Stepkids - admittedly not that bad, it grew on me after a few listens so I would say the vocals are more of an acquired taste
The Wozard of Iz

The album, save for some tracks, is pretty forgettable. Overall though I thought the album was alright. Saturday Night Inside Out is a good closer. I still like SILY more.

Even if it was a 8/10 (which it's not, I don't think) everyone would hate it. That's what happens when you release one of the most beloved albums of its time and then disappear for over a decade

And this is only its most superficial briefly assessed issue.
If you can't tell why it's shit, especially next to SILY, idk what to tell you besides that you probably aren't that into the genre