Best lightsaber fight in cinematic history?

Best lightsaber fight in cinematic history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4CTJEZXtr94
youtube.com/watch?v=KQxKOlrfZKc
youtube.com/watch?v=nmqDZLt0ZEc
youtube.com/watch?v=Djo_91jN3Pk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The contenders:

Luke vs. Vader (round 1) TESB
Luke vs. Vader (round 2) ROTJ
Obi-Wan vs.Maul (after Qui-Gon has been defeated)
Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Count Dooku ROTS
Obi-Wan vs. Anakin ROTS

None others are viable. Vote Now.

Not as good as Obi-Wan vs Anakin

ROTJ, no contest.

TFA's was well choreographed but it really didn't resonate as well within the plot, it lacked stakes. Also, Kylo jobbing to Rey.

ROTJ

Obi Wan vs. Greivous was a pretty good fight though

ROTJ

Choreography wise, the prequels are by far the best.

Obi Wan & QuiGon vs Maul is by far the best.
ObiWan vs Anakin was too bloated but not bad. It also had great music and decent feelings, cringy dialogue aside.

TFA lightsaber "fights" are god awful, both choreography and setting wise. I don't know how could somebody argue otherwise.

>TFA's was well choreographed

This triggered me. It was piss poor in every way. Rey and Finn suck with lightsabers (this is to be expected but it's still true), the camera work sucked huge amounts of ass (lots of shaky cam and close ups), and the trees were constantly obscuring the action. Now we know how good Lucas was at filming these duels.

youtube.com/watch?v=4CTJEZXtr94

This was better than your pic OP.

I had to disqualify it for heavy use of cgi (including for the entire character of Grievous) and poor camera work (extreme close ups that make it impossible to see what's happening.

I'd have to go back and rewatch for the cinematography, but I thought it was the right balance between calmer and weaker fighting in the OT versus the over the top fencing/half marathons in the prequels.

this x10000000000
how is ObiWan + QuiGon vs Maul not the best of all time?
reminder that they wanted to start the prequel movies with a boom, and spent alot of time working on that scene.

>playback has been disabled by video owner

Kek, apparently it wasn't that good.

Summer is most definitely here.

It's literally the only lightsaber fight on the silver screen that looks good. I don't know why you are bringing this up now though. What's there to discuss? You think Luke is a better character than Rey and Kylo's angsty fanboy gimmick didn't impress ya? Is that what you want to really say?

ROTJ

I really enjoyed the one at the beginning of Episode III.

I DON'T THINK SO

The TFA fight was by far the best. It actually felt like a real fight, not like most other lightsaber duels where they just clash their sabers and don't even try to hit the opponent.
Also, Kylo losing to Rey made sense because he was injured. Fuck you.

Bad bait.

>Best lightsaber fight in cinematic history?

Definitely not pick related

ROTJ
TESB is second best

reminder that all of the lightsaber fights in the prequels are overly flashy overly choreographed emotionally weightless garbage.

Besides the music there is nothing good about them

ROTJ > TESB > ROTS obi vs anakin > TPM > ROTS dooku

Not even close. Both are novices compared to other lightsaber users in previous films and the choreography shows that.

Vader vs Luke final fight

Music, Lighting, context
Perfect

youtube.com/watch?v=KQxKOlrfZKc

Bad bait. Didn't even kek.

not bait
they are shit and deep down you know it. Sure when u were a dumb little kid the ending of sith was cool. but now its just an overly drawn out flashy mess

>Both are novices
thats the fucking point

they are just trying to hit each other without actually getting hit themselves. which makes much more tense then cgi flips.

Bad bait. Keep trying and maybe you'll get better.

OT: best is ROTJ

the prequels are nice in a shaw brothers/martial arts like stuff, but arent as good as the ones in TESB and ROTJ

holding out hope for episode 8 and luke

ray and kylo ren and finn.

Not a viable option. Try again.

Nah, estuvo mejor la pelea de tus padres.

Wow, I didn't realize Sup Forums was so easily brainwashed.

cry more

>ugh the prequel fights are so stupid, they're not even trying to hit each other

This will be it after next movie when the rematch between Rey, and Ren happens. During the fight they both launch themselves away via force push knocking their sabers away. Rey in rage due to events prior uses the force like she did during the first dual to bring her saber to her. Ren does the same. We see the lightsaber being pulled by both until it comes flying past Ren to Rey only for her to ignite the Red Lightersaber has she stares down at Ren. Ren then pull Luke's lightersaber at the last minute clashing with Rey. True Poetry.

Why do PlinkettParrots act like the fight had no relevance to the story? The film had a billion problems but that wasn't one of them. You're clearly just recycling one of his prequel arguments.

Here's what the underlying purpose was:

Kylo Ren had to show his worth and rectify his past failures so he could prove Rey wrong; that he would indeed be as powerful as Vader.

Finn learned to stand his ground against an terrifying threat.

Rey learned to fully embrace the Force

Finn and Kylo was the best

RLM liked TFA user.

The overly choreographed argument is for the prequels.

TFA's was intentionally badly choreographed, because JJ thought the dynamic and flashy fights of the prequels were bad. So he just had Rey and Kylo hack and slash at each other like they had baseball bats.

Obi Wan vs Anakin

ROTJ is just (muh emotional impact)

On a technical level and emotional level, the fight between Obi Wan and Anakin is amazing.

The Luke vs Vader battles are still the best lightsaber duels.

agreed for the most part, but the fight you posted was probably the best in the prequel trilogy

>On a technical level and emotional level, the fight between Obi Wan and Anakin is amazing

It's amazing to me that there are people who genuinely think this.

Man, the music in this scene is just so damn powerful, I really can't decide between that moment and pic related

During the first 2 minutes sure, then we see them swing over lava.
The fight between Sidious and Yoda also broke up the fight unnecessarily.
The entire thing was a 15 minute ordeal. It went on for way too long.

Defo not that piece of turd

>Choreography wise, the prequels are by far the best.

Kill yourself

>Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Count Dooku ROTS
>Obi-Wan vs. Anakin ROTS

Obi Wan vs Maul

>High emotional stakes
>No dialogue
>Fast paced
>Intense whispering adding to atmosphere
>Perfect use of close ups
>You were able to see the technicality of the choreography
>Ray Park and Ewan go full beast mode with Ray being a demonic spinning cocky dervish, and Ewan going full speed with his attacks like a swashbuckling badass.

Well I'm sorry if I don't confirm to the hivemind, you cuck.

>everything I hate is reddit

T. Aspie contrarian

Didn't even realise it was Mark Hamill until a few years later

>anyone who recognizes how shit the lightsaber duels are in the prequels is just trying to fit in or part of a hivemind

Way to confirm prequelfags are nothing but contrarion faggots desperately trying to seem edgy.

>youtube.com/watch?v=nmqDZLt0ZEc

youtube.com/watch?v=Djo_91jN3Pk

its even in the movie, user.

It fucking says on the screen, Mark Hamill

Yeah, but for some reason that i cant remember i didn't see that screen. It was only when i watched it again that i saw it and i got the biggest smile on my face.