/lang/ - Language learning thread

>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards.

lingvist.com/
>It's kinda like Clozemaster in the sense that you get a sentence and have to fill in the missing word, also has nice statistics about your progress, grammar tips and more information about a word (noun gender, verb aspects for Russian, etc.)

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

radio.garden/
>Listen to radio all around the world through an interactive globe

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

francaisfacile.com/index.php
connectigramme.com/index.htm
frances.forumdeidiomas.com.br/
verb2verbe.com/francais/default.aspx
esjmlima.prof2000.pt/grafran/GUI_GRU-M.HTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

French and Japanese.

I'm having a hard time with french, I don't know where to find good material to learn. Also, somethings are similar to english, and others are similar to portuguese, it fucks me up.

Japanese I don't even know where to start.

im just trying to retain my fluency in spanish. i've moved out to a different state and it's kind of faltered, since i have no fellow speakers around.

it's nice that this thread is around.

>I'm having a hard time with french, I don't know where to find good material to learn
francaisfacile.com/index.php
connectigramme.com/index.htm
frances.forumdeidiomas.com.br/
verb2verbe.com/francais/default.aspx
esjmlima.prof2000.pt/grafran/GUI_GRU-M.HTM
Basically all that I used/I'm using. If you're really struggling spend some time on duolingo and then go for my links.

bumped

中文Chinese
I'm fluent now after 3 years
How I did it!
1. Download Pleco app and get the flashcard addon and study that all the time, you will constantly have new vocab going in and out of your head, this will help you catch them
2. Learn the measure words (一個,一台,一條,一根,etc) as a means to convey context to compensate for your accent
3. Learn the radicals 部首, this will enlighten you upon the logic of the written language
4. If you're gonna get a gf/bf make sure they don't speak English... So many people fuck up this one cause they get in a relationship with a local who acts as your translator and you never learn and give them free English lessons.

What did you use to learn the grammar?

is italian easier than french or german or dutch

?

Are you fluent I can read a newspaper without dictionnary tier or I can order food and ask for direction tier?

Italian and Dutch should be roughly the same in terms of difficulty, for an English-speaker.
French is made a bit more difficult by its more Celtic vocabulary and the highly irregular spelling system.
German is made more difficult by its grammar (apparently it operates much differently than other Germanic languages).

>ser yo
>casi puedo escribir con fluidez en español con unos errores
>pero tengo miedo de hablar con los hispanohablantes en discord aunque sepan que el español no es mi primer idioma

you're joking, aren' you? French it's fucking easy.
I could start talking with francophones whithin a fucking month by means of writing, of course.

Dutch should be easy as fuck for an English speaker, expect maybe the pronunciation.

Para que un americano pueda hablar en español, sólo tiene que ser amable. Aquí somos bien amigables y cariñosos. Anímate, nadie se va a burlar de ti.

For english speaker i think german it's more difficult but, idk mate. For me italian it's easy, i can even say a few things without studying it.
"Messi è il megliore gioccatore di mondo"
"Io voglio imparare l'italiano"
"Io non parlo luigi"

except*

Does anyone here use Assimil for Russian?

Is this advertising or is it legit your experience?

Nunca te tornarás mejor si no practicares con hispanohablantes nativos.
Hay que tener culhones, mi caro ianque

maybe both?

Could be and the app can be actually helpful it seems like, my bad.

A los colombianos les entiendo muy bien pero a veces hay chicos de paises como argentina o lo que sea que no entiendo muy bien las palabras chistosas.

Por ejemplo que significa "vos sos una enfermedad"?
No tiene ni sentido.

Anyone ever try to learn Romansch/Romansh?
Also what do you think of things Hellotalk, Tandem, or etc (if you know any others please mention?

I think the problem with that language is that there are so many dialects that one can consider them their own languages.

>Io non parlo luigi
Kek

For Japanese you can try /djt/

bop

Thank you!

Currently Icelandic. Norse languages are very easy for me, but I didn't find any resources for it on the wiki, and I've find it very difficult to find anything on learning this beautiful language (other than a few lessons on youtube). I know how to read it and some grammar, I listen to a lot of Icelandic music; but does anyone have any experience on actually learning it? maybe even a teacher (in L.A.) lol

>feelus
>not using the vocative

>credit hos cinaedos latinam noscere

I am currently getting better at my French.

Espero que puedas leerlo, ya que fue hace 4 horas. Es que los argentinos tiene un dialecto rio platense. Es fácil mira.
Vos = tú
Sos = Eres
Cualquier cosa que lleve "LL" o "Ya,Ye,Yi,Yo,Yu" ellos la pronuncian como "sh"
Ej: Hoy va a llover- Hoy va a shover
Pero OJO, SOLO LA PRONUNCIACIÓN

Could someone tell me what "Кaзмa-Кaзмa" means in Ukrainian, assuming it means anything at all?

toki, jan ale pi toki sin o.

汝所寫使我自殺。

Do you love the language you are learning? I hear people say they are obsessed with whichever language but none of the dozen or so languages i've tried have ever grabbed me.

s-seme?

汝 = you
所 = what (is verbed)
寫 = write
使 = make / cause
我 = I
自 = self
殺。= kill

俺 I
私 I
わし I
わい I
おい I
僕 I
うち I

I can say I am. If you are not, it makes the process longer and even more frustrating.

What do you lads think about learning more than one language at once? I'm probs around intermediate to advanced in Nipponese now, but I'm getting bored of it.

English speaker learning Italian.

I am using duolingo and Pimsleur. Would strongly recommend both. What I would love is to chat with any italians or any other people trying to learn italian. I think you might be able to do it via usernames otherwise contact me on kik: throwmeouttoday

hey have you checked and see if their is a discord. There are a few for spanish, so I sure that there will be one for italiano
I think it is fine if you have experience around languages before but yo should never learn two languages that are really close in something

Usually that's pretty ineffective, though at that level you can probably relegate it for a while without too much of an adverse effect.
Then again studying without passion is ineffective as well, so I'd say go for it.

tan ni la mi pilin pona.

吾悲。

>Vietnamese
I want to die