Which band had more influence, popularity, commercial success, and critical acclaim: Oasis or Arctic Monkeys?

Which band had more influence, popularity, commercial success, and critical acclaim: Oasis or Arctic Monkeys?

The Strokes

arctic monkeys are currently more relevant imo

Well obviously. Oasis broke up like 8 years ago.

Avenged Sevenfold.

The popularity and success of Oasis in the 90s, at least in UK/Europe, is hardly repeatable.
I know because I was there.

>popularity
Arctic Monkeys
>commercial success
per album Arctic Monkeys
>critical acclaim
Obviously Arctic Monkeys

>influence
Oasis, but Arctic Monkeys haven't been around long enough to have any real influence yet
>popularity
Oasis at the beginning was inescapable in the UK, but Arctic Monkeys have stayed very popular for their entire run thus far.
Oasis was a one-hit wonder in the US, and Arctic Monkeys never had a hit in the US, but I feel that Arctic Monkeys are more popular and we just don't notice it because rock has fallen out of favor with the masses.
>commercial success
Oasis crushes Arctic Monkeys with Morning Glory alone.
>critical acclaim
Arctic Monkeys (and rightly so). Oasis has two well-received albums, a lukewarm compilation, a mixed third album, and shit reviews for the rest. Arctic Monkeys haven't missed a beat critically.

>more influence, popularity, commercial success, and critical acclaim
Arctic Monkeys definitely take the cake by far for all of these in the UK, US, and worldwide.

>Oasis was a one-hit wonder in the US
That's just a meme. Wonderwall is by far their most popular song, but Champagne Supernova and Don't Look Back in Anger are close behind as well a Top 40 single from both DM and BHN and a load of huge hits on mainstream and modern rock radio.

I was alive during the 90s and I don't remember anything but Wonderwall.

Arctic Monkeys are better desu

You never even heard the other singles off MG? I was born in '91 and even I remember those songs and Oasis being HUGE in '96.

Hell, I saw them back in 2005 at the 20,000 capacity Tweeter Center in Boston and the show was sold out. And this was several years after Oasis had fallen out of mainstream fashion. The only thing they had going for them at the time was their first modern rock radio hit in 5 years.

>rock band with numerous hits vs one hit wonder Beatles ripoff pop group
Hmmmmm....

Neither. Radiohead.

Monkeys. Fuck Oasis.

Oasis is fucking amazing

Noel is arguably the best songwriter ever. His only competition is Paul desu

monkeys inspired a bunch of shitty indie revival bands so them

Oasis. They are the Beatles of the 90's and they have influence on every band in the 2000's

Musically speaking, Oasis never directly influenced anybody, apart from some shitty bands like Kasabian, mostly because the style wasn't really their to begin with.

Kinda related to this thread but how come when people talk about 90s Britpop they never mention Suede. They were the best band of that whole movement imo

Arctic Monkeys >>>>>>>> Oasis
Oasis is fucking boring guys

And after all, Blur are the best

unpopular opinion: kasabian are actually better than both Arctic Monkeys and Oasis

still shit tho

The Stone Roses > all that shit

>popularity, commercial success
Oasis
>influence and critical acclaim
Arctic Monkeys

this t b h

>popularity, commercial success
Oasis
>influence and critical acclaim
Oasis

Humbug >>>> anything Oasis ever did