Anyone else think the BBCs telly coverage of this year's Olympics has been fucking dire?

Anyone else think the BBCs telly coverage of this year's Olympics has been fucking dire?

>Shitty montage
>Remembering London
>Michael Johnson popping up every 5 minutes
>Another shitty montage
>Sucking Bolt's dick
>Interviews

You're lucky to see any fucking sport.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/diversity
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe not as good as previous years, but man you should see what other countries have to put up with.

>implying Michael Johnson isnt the best part

CBC's television coverage has been terrible as well

>montage
>interview
>showing full events that already happened
>terrible commentary
>canada pandering
>advertising events then not showing it because lack of canada
>sucking phelps dick
>commercials
>constantly showing basketball, golf, tennis, and soccer even though these are televised year round

SHOW ME MY FUCKING JUDO

Better than any over coverage around the world, stop complaining, you get to watch uninterrupted coverage of every sport and your complaining about interviews?

I will say that the more success you have the more the coverage suffers. It means they're showing some Brit winning a bronze medal in some awful spectator sport instead of the biggest and most interesting events.

BBC showed nearly fuck all of the decathlon on the main channels for example

Yeah all the studio stuff and filler content is trash, but the streams featuring just sports and commentators are pretty great. Shout out to the diving commentators, comfiest banter.

Just imagine you were a yank only being able to watch what the tv network wants you to see, and adverts interrupting the action every 5 minutes.

It's fine provided you watch it online, same with NBC. It's the regular TV coverage that sucks.

Actually, the thing I'm most pissed about is the way they jump in and out of live sports like they have fucking ADHD or something. I get it, I can watch anything I want totally uninterrupted on the website, but does the TV coverage have to be so random all the time?

The 8 Olympic channels are fine

Heard of the red button?, there is also dedicated Olympic channels you know?

The Decathlon is hardly one of the biggest or most interesting events.

Yes. When you can watch every second of every single event online the main channel should be an overview of what is going on, with a focus on British medal opportunities. The problem is that they treat it like some terrible chat show with all the fluff. It should be more like NFL Redzone or Soccer Saturday

I think its been ok

the red button service is top, can watch any event or highlights of any event.

uninterrupted live sport what's the problem

The worst thing has to be no live scoreboard on screen at all times.
Its the (current year) desu

bbc coverage was good. if you don't just sit on bbc1 and let them decide what's on

Just go on the red button if you want the uninterrupted sport

You guys got nothing on NBC

Mate you should see the Australian coverage of the Olympics. 90% swimming and running, 5% womens' rugby/other shit nobody watches, 5% wrestling, judo, boxing, weightlifting, the good stuff that's on at 3am.

BBC One and Two have been shit but the Red Button is perfect

It's all on the BBC interactive red button channels you fucking plonker, There's like 7 channels with all kinds of shit that been on from start to end.

You just missed the vast majority of everything that's been on.

They have every single event on the red button, the main channel has no dedicated sport so they dip in and out of events/interests

Michael Johnson is based, easily the best thing about BBC's coverage along with a few commentators (Cram, Backley, Boardman, Forster, Smith)

Cannot stand some of the presenters and pundits though (Lewis, Radcliffe, Adlington, Chappers, Ore, Balding), the BBC's obsession with forcing shitty bants and memes. Its obsession with hashtags and publishing attention-selling tits Tweets on it's website.

Also, disappointed with the athletics coverage over the past week on the RB as they've been broadcasting the same event on different channels and missing out on a lot.

BBC literally has the best coverage of any country on earth an I've checked them all out.

If you're complaining about the BBC it means you've not bothered to see what's available in other countries.

Or it means you're stupid enough to think that BBC coverage = BBC One

Their saving grace is the fact they stream all the events so you don't have to sit through all the boring interviews, sepia montages etc.

I agree though the main coverage on bbc1/2/4 has been mostly fucking shit - for example they KEEP doing replays of GB matches (showed the second half of the badminton game yesterday hours after it was on) while there were live sports still fucking going on

Red button coverage of actual sport has been pretty good senpai
But yeah BBC 1/2 coverage has been wank

This is obviously true however what OP is saying is that the main channel coverage has been shit - it was much better in London and it could be much better this time toob

>Great montage
>Remembering the GOAT Olympics London
>based Michael Johnson popping up every 5 minutes
>Another great montage
>Interviews
>Literally every event shown live
>No are
>Knowledgeable pundits

The best part of this is that YOU had to pay for it!

LMAO@England

dont you do the same for ABC

Yeah but we aren't forced to pay for a TV license and the ABC isn't as lefty bullshit as the BBC has become.

Who cares? We just want to watch the sport, we're not interested in the hours of chin wagging. It's like that every time there's a world cup or Euros on, whenever England are playing there's about 2 hours of talking shit before the match actually starts, no-one cares, just start the game.

If you don't care about the main channel coverage why come into a thread discussing the main channel coverage you Muppet?

Why does it matter it comes from a tv license when yours comes from public/tax money? Litetally the same end result

The difference is its quite easy to avoid paying the license fee but you literally can't avoid it because it's from tax

There's always got to be a main channel with a cool glass studio and interviews and presenting and all that, the one in London was just better was because it was here and there were presenters and reporters crawling around literally everywhere, and the best/main ones too
they probably drew lots to decide who went to Rio

>lefty bullshit as the BBC has become.
Kek, Stop believing Sup Forums memes, you abo spastic

They are no where near as good as London coverage.

Their BBC4 coverage is pretty good though with all the banter and more comfy format to it.

>believing Sup Forums
baka

I care about the coverage (the interesting bits involving the stuff people chose to watch the program for), I don't care for the useless idle chit chat that makes up a large portion of that coverage, do away with it or reduce it to a couple of minutes.

I have the BBC on satellite. Why are you all lying?

only the late night bits apparently but I'm usually asleep and see funny headlines the next day

>the BBC isn't leftist

Why are you, abo? What fucking lefty bullshit are you referring to.

>inb4 Sup Forumstard macros

what about the BBCs presenting or anything else is "lefty bullshit"

Seems like televised Olympics is dying. I await my streaming future but NBC needs a player like BBC's and it needs to use html5 instead of flash

What's that got to do with anything?

Yeah that's what the thread is about, we're in agreement that they need to improve the main channel coverage

>retards still falling for the thatcher memes
What leftist slant are they offering in their Olympic coverage?

But Sup Forums is always right, goyim.

You have the option to go with normie fluff or EVERY EVENT live, press the red button.

Their diverse and multicultural presenters

Actually the BBC is left leaning, they don't mean to be, but there coverage is far from unbiased as much as they protest it is.

If you took a snapshot of all the people that are employed and ask them about their political views outside of broadcasting you will find 2/3 of them lean towards the left.

I feel like there might be some actual BBC reps in this thread. At least you guys probably get paid to shill...better than not getting paid to lie to your countrymen and outsiders about how far down the toilet your media has gone.

Latest from BBC4 is that a couple were having sex on the beach behind them.

Kek. Are you serious?

It seems like BBC realized Americans are bootlegging their streams so they decided to throw in the odd American guest.

Can you explain why you think the license fee is so much worse than ABC being funded by Australian tax payers money?

I see, so only white men allowed.

Pretty much

>but there coverage is far from unbiased as much as they protest it is.
I'm guessing you have a plethora of examples of this lefty coverage during the Olympics

Literally this

There may be some sectors which may be more right leaning BBC Radio 4 especially.

Other than that they are at most, like yesterday they had a news report on the 6 o clock news about black people being less succesful like it's supposed to be like that being black actually makes you less successful.

Don't even get me started on how left BBC three, it was cringey.

Listen to the comedies on radio 4 and they are lefty as fuck

Yes, the BBC actually pays people to laugh at retards who cannot argue their claims on Sup Forums.

This is true especially how they adore their panel shows nowadays which are forced to impliment women in the shows.

>BBC
>Left

The channel that just was found guilty of shitting on Corbyn?

They aren't left, they're neo-lib centre right.

>the odd American guest.
Michael Johnson? You mean the same MJ who has been part of BBC's athletics coverage since 2004, who has overseen numerous Olympiads, Euro Championships, World Championships, Commonwealth Games and IAAF meetings?

Dickhead

>not favouring a literal trot means you're not left-wing

kys

How anyone can think the BBC isn't left leaning is beyond me. Take a look at the newsreaders now, you'd be hard pressed to find one that isn't a woman or a nog. Likewise any panel show or bake off shit they have on always has a disproportionate amount of pakis and muslims.

Pretty much all comedy outside of Chubby Brown is leftwing these days.

In fact what is rightwing comedy?

Johnson's been around for a while

Andrew neil is one of only a few that actually do vote tory.

Name me one right-wing talent, comedian or presenter on the BBC that is not Andrew Neil.

It's easy for anybody to shit on Corbyn because he is literally that bad.

Yeah, pretty much the only time of the week when you get any real right wing coverage on the BBC is when based Neil and Portillo BTFO the odd nu-male they get in.

People like the annoying woman guest commentating in yesterday's volleyball game.

>Take a look at the newsreaders now, you'd be hard pressed to find one that isn't a woman or a nog
Like Ross Atkins, Steven Sackur, Nick Robinson. David Dimbleby, Evan Davis, Eddie Mair, John Humphrys, Andrew Neil, Huw Edwards,Charlie Stayt, Dan Walker, Nicholas Owen, Simon McCoy, Gavin Esler, Mike Embley, David Eades?

Ah yes, clear evidence of lefty bullshit is having news presenters that aren't white males despite there being shed loads of them.

Neil is politically neutral, there is absolutely no inherent bias in his work, which is why he's revered, you daft paki.

Australian tax payers pay about 20 cents a year to support the ABC

Are you trying to tell us the BBC are so bad they don't represent the Left or the Righ and are not fit for purpose?

>andrew neil
>right-wing

Deary me, he's non-partisan,

>BBC employs white males
>therefore bullshit diversity hires don't exist

Your post is trash anyway seeing as their stated aim is to literally hire as many non-white males as possible. Remember the mandated 1 woman on all panel shows rule?

The government's charter renewal now also includes 15% quota for fags, despite them being 1% of the population.

Go back to /r/unitedkingdom

I'm telling you that the claim "Take a look at the newsreaders now, you'd be hard pressed to find one that isn't a woman or a nog", is absolute bullshit, as demonstrated with the list of white male newreaders I provided. I thought this was pretty clear, but it appears you struggle to understand words.

Nobody is politically neutral, he just doesn't give his political views publically unlike the rest of the BBC who struggle to hide their left leaning views.

>Watching the main coverage and not the individual feeds on HD or red button

KEK

He has worked for the Conservatives.

>gets btfo
>"y-y-your post is rubbish because i have no reasonable, logical response, p-p-pls go, you're triggering me"

Personally, no. Professionally, yes. As many BBC news types do.

>unlike the rest of the BBC who struggle to hide their left leaning views.
Who?

bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/diversity

Retard.

Regardless, his personal views maybe right-leaning, in his profession capacity, he is utterly unbiased.

Also
>conservatives
>right-wing

Where in the organisation do you work? I want to send a letter complaining about you to your boss, maybe I can get on points of view.

Evan Davis, like when he told Farage he hated Paddington Bear because he's an immigrant

>15% quota for fags
>actually 8%

Why are you ignoring your claim that "Take a look at the newsreaders now, you'd be hard pressed to find one that isn't a woman or a nog", you paki piece of shit? Is it because it was roundly BTFO?

Why are you even watching the main show at all?

>How anyone can think the BBC isn't left leaning is beyond me

Because when it comes to stories about economics, they overwhelmingly give more time to the voice of "the city" and the right establishment

>ake a look at the newsreaders now, you'd be hard pressed to find one that isn't a woman or a nog

wew. What does that have to do with left wing? seriously, did you learn your politics from Sup Forums jpegs?

I bet you think Tony Blair and Clinton are lefties too.

Why is it any percent you stupid nigger? Are you admitting that fags and nogs can't succeed on their own?

>this straw clutching

You Sup Forumstards really are a sad desperate self-hating bunch of queers.

>hated Paddington Bear

kek

Hates a fictional charcter, can't make this stuff up. this is political correctness turned on it's head.

This. Germans get a whopping sic streams total showing barely anything.

>15% quota for fags
>actually 8%

Are you stupid? Do you not get his point?

>being this fucking triggered