Unpopular Sup Forumspinions

unpopular Sup Forumspinions
>fugazi is not that good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J6ARIRUBHFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your reaction picture is apt for your opinion.

In my case, I guess, I never liked Sufjan. The Age of Adz is one of the worst albums I have ever heard. Not "overrated", mind you. But one of my personal bottom five albums ever.

Y tho

Oh boy. This is a question I enjoy answering constantly.

I think it's contrived. It's all this forced whimsy in place of anything substantive or lasting. The songs are crap, and he tries to compensate for it with this faux-quirky-but-actually-quite-calculated-and-clinical production. It's all sentimentality but no actual sentiment.

Although Deafheaven are really good, pretty much any other post-black that gets hyped by P4K-types (Ghost Bath, Vattnet Viskar) is garbage.

I understand that the meme-whimsy flourishes can get a little annoying but songs like Vesuvius and I Walked I think are devoid of any of the things you've complained about. But whatever, it's your opinion and I get it

AJJ are a good band
Queen are not a good band
Sufjan is outclassed by Joanna Newsom
Metallica are a bad band and metal has very rarely produced music of any worth

I'm willing to chalk this up to just not being my taste. A lot of albums mu describes as being "feelsy" come off as really over the top and manipulative. I'm a little intolerant of that sort of thing.

>AJJ are good
yes
>Queen are not
yes
>Sufjan is outclassed by Joanna
yes
>Metal is bad
frist of all

>A lot of albums mu describes as being "feelsy" come off as really over the top and manipulative.
THANK YOU.
Fuck the Antlers.

-Morrissey is a cunt and The Smiths fucking suck my dick.
-Michael Jackson never raped any kids.
-Fidelity matters
-People who listen to Drum and Bass are all pretentious douches
-File sharing killed the music industry and you should stop stealing and start buying right now, you moron.
-Post-modern ironic Hip Hop music is the death of culture and listening to it is a nihilistic act
-Das Racist was embarassing
-I cannot make up my mind about Die Antwoord. Do they suck?
-People that don't listen to metal just can't handle it.
-People that listen to metal are divs.
-Program music > Absolute music
-Listen to classical
-Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Radiohead, and Swans all deserve the praise they get

fuck the antlers because they cant write lyrics or music for shit

It's your opinion, but that will never make it true.
OP asked for unpopular opinions, not shit opinions.

Lo fi emotional indie music, especially from SoundCloud and Bandcamp, is the worst most trite and unoriginal style of music to have a positive following on Sup Forums.

those are unpopular opinions

Sleep's Holy Mountain>Dopesmoker

Great timing OP.

Enjoy Your Rabbit is one of Sufjan's best prove me wrong

Fugazi always sucked dick, OP is correct.

>blastbeats are a shit meme and why most black metal sucks
>improv is boring and 95% of the time not as good as something the artist actually writes and puts thought into
>NOTM is one of DG's weaker albums (though not a bad album at all)
>Frankie Sinatra was the best track off Wildflower (I'd rather listen to it than the semi-dull cuts that drag on without any progression)
>21 Pilots aren't the worst thing ever

hey joe! bring the flowers
I am the man? I am not a man!
Give them the ''penis'' will you, will?
Go fight me, I dare you
This is not an alarm clock, your (asian noises)
they censored me? why are you C O N T R I V E D
I cannot believe hehe
Go dark
Elsewhere?
Yes

>improv is boring and 95% of the time not as good as something the artist actually writes and puts thought into
literally half of jazz is thoughtful improv

AJJ were considered good until like 2013. Sup Forums is full of contrarians that hate Queen. Sup Forums is full of contrarians that would rate Joanna over Sufjan as if they need to be compared. Sup Forums is full of contrarians that think metal is a bad genre of music.

You are one such contrarian. Not saying you can't have your opinion, you're just not special BB.

how can a contrarian opinion be popular

contrarian to people with more "common" music tastes or newfriends

Pablo Honey is the worst Radiohead album but still a 7/10.

Soundtracks for the Blind has some amazing songs but a lot of really poor filler as well. Way too many dull drone tracks.

The Blue Album is better than Pinkerton.

I liked Kamasi Washington's album.

I don't get the Carly Rae Jepsen hype.

Fleetwood Mac's Rumors is perhaps the blandest album I've ever heard. For a band who was undergoing emotional turmoil while making it they somehow forgot to emote whatsoever.

Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, and MCR are horrible and you should be ashamed if you like them past the age of 15.

Death is pretty much shit although historically crucial, Abominable Putridity's Anomalies of Artificial Origin is legitimately one of the best death metal albums ever recorded, Shatraug has never ever put out a bad release of any kind, and Death Angel's The Dream Calls for Blood is a really great album with one of the greatest thrash metal vocal performances of all time.

>I liked Kamasi Washington's album.
It was literally the most hyped pop-jazz release in 2015. Everyone else liked it too. How is that an unpopular opinion?

On here it gets shit on a lot, and I was going for unpopular Sup Forums opinions. It's one of those albums Sup Forums likes to be unnecessarily contrarian about.

I quite enjoy some of the music that plays in the background during commercials and such.

/you fucking asshole/
Get him boys

>Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, and MCR are horrible and you should be ashamed if you like them past the age of 15.
>likes Weezer

They're all the shame shit you fucking moron.

btw I'm not talking about pop songs, just the chillout instrumental stuff--does that make it better?

youtube.com/watch?v=J6ARIRUBHFw

Skinny Fists is a trash post rock album, and F#A# is infinitely better

I think The Life of Pablo is Kanye's best album.

Chris Baio's solo album is better than any Vampire Weekend album.

Frankie Sinatra and Subways are the only good songs on Wildflower.

All of St. Vincent's albums so far have been 8/10 or higher.

Oh I was just kidding lol cause it was a pretty calm unpopular opinion

Were you even here in 2015?

Unkle Adams is not original

>Queen are not a good band
t. 95% of Sup Forums

mi negro amigo you're just wrong if you think the college dropout is not the best he has ever done

Curve are better than MBV or Slowdive.

Taking gf to see panic in March.

Stoked.

Animal Collective didn't decline at all after Spirit, they just did an obscure style of music very well. Danse Manatee is a gorgeous album and it still confuses me how universally unpopular it is.

The more time I have spent of my life listening to music, the more reductive I get with wanting to pick what I want to listen to as a lot of other aspects that people give credence to musically tends to be surface level noise that's not really important. At this point what's worth listening to me is:

Art music (some people call this classical) as it brings a level of cerebral complexity that no other form of music does.

"Jazz" music, as in not even necessarily jazz but very well done attempts of improvisation as live/improvisation are very particular mediums of the aural artform.

Visceral forms of popular music like punk, metal, industrial, noise, etc. because at this point, looking at the long history of popular music, the real unique aspect of it that's beneficial is the sheer abrasive visceral intensity it brings alongside the idea of hooks/riffs.

Electronic music because it covers a variety of things like visceral intensity in the form of consistent mid-tempo dance, the music related to ambiance, and the exploration of timbres that both do and don't exist in the physical world.

Traditional Folk music for what it offers both from a cultural and a historical perspective in musical developments.

There's not enough time in life to listen to everything, and not everything that one listens to tends to have good quality content. Sure one can argue that music forms that don't fit into the above do some combination of the above that the above can't do on their own, but the end result tends to be a watered down product that does nothing well. It's better to have a separate pen and tampon than something that tries to be both at once but sucks at doing the job of either thing.

GY!BE is one of the best bands ever formed and I would say, to me, it equates to the quality counterpart in popular music of instrumental classical music, GOOD post rock like this does just that, I set my face to the hillside from TNT by Tortoise is a very good example of this. Same would apply to jazz but not all jazz.

>fidelity matters

Yes, thanks, most people do not acknowledge this, shit sounds like shit even if it's good shit.

>file sharing killed the music industry

Yes but some of us live in third world countries and do not earn enough to purchase it.

> swans

Honestly, I LOVE swans, but I don't think swans can even touch GY!BE in terms of composition, it does deserve all the praise it gets tho.

> hip hop

I dont like it

I thought this was obvious

Death sucks and I have a hard time listening to any album other than the sound of perseverance.

Honestly, Necrophagist is easier to digest.

Death IS veryimportant tho, so I agree there.

Animal collective sucks

Completely Agree
What about Alcest?
>AJJ are a good band
No they are not. Every song on People contains the same formulaic song writing and guitar work. As far as folk goes, they suck. As far as bands go, they are massive tumblrcore faggots.
>metal has very rarely produced music of any worth
You have listened to very little metal. Still, too tired to find a band to prove otherwise. I agree with you on your other two points, however.

Just about each and every problem on this board can be traced back to redbitors and waifufags. They need to be exterminated.

Id say that's not an unpopular opinion by a considerable amount
Every sane person hates waifufags

To Be Kind is the worst post-revival Swans album while The Glowing Man is the best. And yes, I do remember that My Father exists.

Daydream Nation is a boring album and probably their worst

Out of their, what, 15 albums Daydream Nation is the worst? I can see one thinking its overrated but rock bottom? Personally, I think Goo walks away with that distinction (which in and of itself is an unpopular opinion) but hey, opinions.

Fuck off Will

I don't get that reference, man

I thought I was the only one in the world who didn't like that boring noise. Seriously I can't get my head around why people love him so much. I've tried getting into him countless times but it all sounds so formulaic and empty despite being "experimental"

Metal is poop.

I like the music that these people made and have most of their albums(studio and b sides). They're overrated but I like them.

neo-psychedelia is a byword for uninspired garbage pop music pretending to be something better than it is.

AnCo is autistic children making loud noises.

notm is by far their worst, and not good at all. Made only to mock their pretentious fans.

I don't like Death Grips.
I don't like David Bowie.
I don't like Genesis.
I don't like Talk Talk.
Let's just make it simpler and say I dislike most mu-core. (not all of it.)
I dislike most post-punk.
Ska sucks. (Any wave.)
Shoegaze is boring.
Folk punk is too.

Me too. A little too long but I really don't see an issue with anything else.

GBV is the only good lo-fi indie, rest is trash

>AnCo is autistic children making loud noises.
that's the point you dingus

Neu! '75 is lame compared to s/t

>it's garbage on purpose!
>that makes it good!

It's chaotic and childish on purpose

I don't even like AnCo myself but I still understand the appeal of it

He clearly doesn't listen to jazz or any of its subgenres.

I tried a bunch of albums (mainly the essentials stuff like Kind of Blue and Love Supreme) but I came away from them feeling like I gained nothing from listening to them. Clearly there's good musicianship there, I just wish they had good songwriting to go with it.

I enjoy music.

Drake (or whoever ghostwrites most of his music) is the one of the best songwriters of our generation. No mainstream artist explores the concepts of fame, modern relationships and the life of a popular musician with the level of realism, self awareness and lucidity which Drake does. Whether or not you think he is a talented musician in general is besides the point. Most of the people who disagree with this opinion probably listen to some obscure, pseudointellectual tripe which isn't even remotely close to being as "deep" as they think it is.

holy fuck you're beyond help if you can't recognize kind of blue as a compositional milestone

Just because jazz is the most self-touting genre of all doesn't mean its half-cooked 'motifs' are anything near composition. Listening to jazz is like picking up a piece of shit and saying 'it's not liquid, it's semi-liquid!'.

>Listening to jazz is like picking up a piece of shit and saying 'it's not liquid, it's semi-liquid!'.
What did he mean by this?

I absolutely hate this album. I will never understand what people see in this disgusting abomination.

I just listen to the same 10 artists and shitpost. I have never put effort into a single post I've made on Sup Forums

>-Morrissey is a cunt and The Smiths fucking suck my dick.
WOW over the line