ITT albums that have aged horribly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b9gypvoDNrM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>DISAGREE

Something about Chipmunk beats just gets me irrationally angry

It wasn't that good in the first place.
>IT'S KANYE'S WOOORRRKOUUUUT PLAAAAAN
Those last three songs though, still great, will always be great.

>Detox by Dr.Dre

>Wu-Tang forever

>Nas' entire discography aside from Illmatic and It was Written

>Jay Z's entire discography aside from Reasonable Doubt and The Blueprint

>AtLiens by Oukast

>Mos Def's entire Discography except for Blackstar and Black on Both Sides

I really love spaceship, slow jamz, family business, and the the school skits

>AtLiens by Oukast
Why do you want to hurt me, user?

>Detox
?
I actually like pretty much every song on CD; even Breathe In Breathe Out has its moments

Nah College Dropout is still his best. Graduation is probably his album that has aged the worst.

I forgot to put breathe in breathe out, it's so much fun

It's definitely got a few good songs, it's just that most of it doesn't have the amount of work put into the best tracks thus it has overall aged like shit.

>Graduation
>aged the worst
>a synthpop/EDM style album released a couple years before synthwave and EDM became a ridiculous mainstream trend in the US

fucking how
It still sounds fresh

Definitely, and check out this rhyme scheme
>I (blow past) (low class) niggas with (no cash)
>In the (four) dot (six) (bitch) you can (go ask)
>So when I (go fast) (popo) just (laugh)
>Right until I run out of (gas) or 'til I (go crash)

I'm pretty sure those are his densest bars in terms of rhyming on the whole album if I'm not mistaken

>All Falls Down
>Get Em High
>Aged like shit

Delete this.

It was Written has aged very badly, what are you talking about?

ATLiens has aged best of all OutKast's material.

The Black Album is still good.

The Ecstatic is still alright.

>love...the school skits
bruh

>>AtLiens by Oukast
love this album but this is true

I just relistened to this for the first time in years, and holy fuck it's so bad.

> AtLiens

Fight me

>All Falls Down
>Spaceship
>Jesus Walks
>School Spirit
>Two Words
>Through the Wire
>Family Business

Speaking of mid 2000s chipmunk sampling I got pretty giddy hearing this one during the Steelers game cutting to commercial break youtu.be/b9gypvoDNrM

Still has a few songs I enjoy but as a whole it leaves somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth these days.

thank you. Get this dated shit off of the essentials list. It just doesn't work anymore.

its aged better than MBDTF

the album is still great overall, but I agree, those high-pitched voices sound terrible and dated

>I'm old, white but "hip" giving this project an A: the album
Fitting that Chance the Rapper falls in the same category

please refrain from discussing hip hop ever again

>aside from Illmatic and It was Written
They both have aged badly

Reminder that an album that has aged badly doesn't necessarily have to be bad

illmatic is clearly a product of its time, but the product itself is timeless

Kek, I actually feel the opposite. I'd rather listen to this than to sit through his last album. Yea, it has its flaws but it's still a fun and uplifting record.

Agreed, this sounds like shit nowadays. Nobody besides 50-something Rolling Stone journalists gives a shit about Public Enemy anymore.

Nah, Illmatic is one of the very few timeless rap albums.

people who don't like hiphop cannot appreciate the college dropout when its easily his second best.

I'm okay with this post. I like ATLiens, but if I'm being honest I don't listen to it anymore.

If you mean 2001 I agree, if you meant The Chronic, I disagree.

I agree, Graduation was dope when I was in 4th grade. Not so much now

possibly one of the worst album covers in rap history

What does "aged" or "dated" even mean? No one's defined it in this thread or discussed why they think an album has these attributes, they're just posting albums and covers. I fucking hate this board

It's from a time where rap productions were maybe overly simplistic.

This is. I tried listening to this album and I couldn't get past the album art. Honestly what the fuck was he thinking this album angers me.

The biggest issue 2001 has is that it's extremely bloated (like most Aftermath projects before Kendrick) and arguably one of the most frontloaded albums of all time. If it were split into two CDs, the one with the first dozen tracks would be universally regarded as a classic while the other one would be a drink coaster.

this honestly

this album tbhf

how

wrong m8
reeeeeee

honestly most of the indie pop shit that seems irrelevant now. mac demarco, grimes, tame impala etc

if you google black marble texture its like one of the first results and that photoshop liquify tool holy shit. they couldn't find someone to fucking draw a melting frame or something?

Exactly
Acid rap >> 10 days >>>>>>>> coloring book

coloring book is the only thing he's done that i like. the rest is just pretty typical hip hop no?

I'm going out on a limb here, but I honestly can't even listen to some of these songs. The songwriting isn't the problematic part at all, as there are a handful of A+ songs on here. The production just makes it unlistenable for me. It was obviously groundbreaking at the time, but it just has not held up against the test of time.

>You know remember most Kanye fans came after Stronger

Stereo rock is such trash, fuck that all to hell.

This is satire right?

kys

lot of fucking scrubbery here. Willing to bet youre the fickle type to think an album has aged just because you overlistened to it casually, before coming crawling back one day when its fresh again

some kpop gets old to listen to at times

The big 4 prog albums from the 70s still hold up, but this is just trite acid hippy bullshit. I'm not sure where all the Sup Forums contrarian love comes from. Some critic, perhaps?

2001 has one of the best (if not THE best) mixing/mastering in rap's history, it has aged well enough

neck yourself

Every RHCP album

mezzanine was widely panned and ridiculed upon release, it sounded dated even back then. people were really over erotic thriller "trip-hop" by that point

quite funny how this album got a new lease on life thanks to house and the internet

lol top 5 mixtapes of all time
coloring books was straight trash. This forever will be an essential mixtape

Good thing he dropped an 8/10 last year, I was really concerned considering how much I loved XXX.

Specially since XXX has one of the best album covers of the decade

>typical hip hop
i dont know what youre trying to say with this term but ill assume you dont listen to much hip hop. If you like Coloring Book you should at least listen to Acid Rap. Its way better than coloring book imo. His lyricism is a lot better and its a lot more cohesive.

That album aged the best out of his college trilogy. I like the warm sound.

>>AtLiens by Oukast

One of the most singular releases in hip-hop history. Big Boi's peak as a rapper and Andre was really starting to warm up. Completely original and the production still sounds fresh. I fucking love the bottomless, oceanic production.

>people were really over erotic thriller "trip-hop" by that point

You perfectly described why the album got more praise with each passing year. It's a time-capsule of the late 90s.

There's nothing contrarian about liking Pink Floyd, and this album is literally not prog so idk why you brought up the "big 4".

>Some critic, perhaps?
Scaruffi likes Piper but wouldn't critical acclaim make it non-contrarion?

>Implying problematic is even a word let alone a valid argument
>dropped

I think 808s and Heartbreaks has aged terribly

his new one from 2016 had amazing art too

STACKING MONEY TILL WE REACH SKY HIGH

The first half is still pretty good though