What did you think of this poster?

comicbookresources.com/article/fox-apologizes-for-controversial-x-men-apocalypse-billboard

"There is a major problem when the men and women at 20th Century Fox think casual violence against women is the way to market a film," McGowan told The Hollywood Reporter.

hes a bad guy doing bad thing, so i see no problem

>We want equality!
>Stop oppressing us! Equality is sexist!

You can't win.

Jennifer Lawrence looks so awful as Mystique, it's like they intentionally try to make her still resemble herself as much as possible which doesn't make a lot of sense given that she transforms into J-Law for much of these movies.

Why not just cast as her as Emma Frost, who spends way more time as an X-Man than Mystique. I liked seeing the old Mystique actually transform into people.

People who have been victims of extreme abuse really are high strung to the point where even seeing something like that can send them into a panic attack. That image is the scene out of context.

It's reasonable for it to be taken down. In general it's in poor taste to depict violence on a billboard.

However this quote:

>"There is a major problem when the men and women at 20th Century Fox think casual violence against women is the way to market a film," McGowan told The Hollywood Reporter.

is absolute shit on McGowans part. She damn well knows that's not the intention of the poster, and it was merely a misunderstanding that the scene does not translate well into a context-less billboard.

>poster shows someone choking someone olse
it's horrible

A monster choking another monster. No humans in that billboard so I dont get why women are offended

Looks generic as fuck live every movie poster now

>villain doing something evil is sexist

So is the message they are trying to say is that women can never be depicted as a target of violence ever? That's insane

It's not like Apocalypse is her abusive husband that's about to beat the shit out of her for not making a good dinner

You're the reason that we can't move forward in this country.

It's cute.

You gotta wonder if it's normal people taking these fedora pics on purpose at this point.

>It's not like Apocalypse is her abusive husband that's about to beat the shit out of her for not making a good dinner
how can i know that?
i've never watched an x-men movie
i don't know who they are
they're both blue, so probably they're related

needs more buttplugs desu

I believe they've showed the major star being put in peril by the villain, establishing how high the stakes are.

I see no problem with it and if it was Quicksilver or Wolverine getting choked no one would have said a fucking thing.

How could you tell either gender of the people in the billboard for sure?

Apocalypse also looks like he could be a robot

It would sure be out of place to beat your wife in the obvious remains of a destroyed city

Fuck off autismo

Old mystique was great. Jennifer and/or the writers can't seem to get the same feel for some dumb reason.

Lulz at mom taking the pic

>context-less billboard.

Unless they've been living under a rock, the context is the villain is doing villain shit. The only knowledge I have of Apocalypse is from a cartoon I haven't seen in over a decade and that's probably not all that accurate.

dude i was driving when i looked at the billboard
i could only remember a blue man choking a blue woman

>In general it's in poor taste to depict violence on a billboard.

Why? It's a fucking hurr de durr superhero where a team fights a guy called Apocalypse. What would make a more fitting billboard for a movie about violence?

Oh I got an idea they should make a poster with Mystique shaking hands with him and giving a thumbs up and maybe Apocalypse could be petting a dog. That would really accurately portray what's gonna happen in the movie and nobody would get offended you cuck

Wow I guess you saw an image that means you have to go home and choke your wife now

People can't be responsible for anything!

It's a huge superhero franchise, so unless you've gone out of your way to know absolutely nothing about them, your mind should jump to "hero vs villain" not "men bully poor little woman"

stop

no

>There is a major problem when the men and women at 20th Century Fox

Why couldnt see say "the people at 20th Century Fox" instead?

These feminists put WAY too much focus on gender, when it isn't needed.

Pussies.

Deadpool's billboards were pretty vulgar and this is where they draw the line?

Fox got what they wanted. The billboard is down and people are still talking about it

exactly what I think about niggers :^)