Everyone talks about how Breaking Bad is the best thing ever

>Everyone talks about how Breaking Bad is the best thing ever
>Two years later
>No one talks about it ever

lucky you. i still hear people talk about it. and the annoying kind of talk, plebs trying to act cultured by showing off they like a quality show.

ugh.

Same shit will happen with GoT and TWD. Flavor of the month.

I don't get the line about the gun in the trunk.

Something to do with how absurd the finale was?

Worst part is all that fucking Halloween costuming that will now look severely dated and shitty.

Delete all evidence Sup Forums.

just todd's mental deficiencies

I miss when Driveposting was a thing.

because it's forgettable. Things just are bigger in the hype of the moment.

It's basically any B action movie from the 80's turned into a television series, with one great actor and that's about it.

It's good, and it's done. What's there to talk about anymore.

Yeah but don't you hate it when people talk for years and years about a past TV series like it's now become a fucking immortal staple of human culture just because it was very meme-y and pop culturally affective-y for a while when it was airing?

Literally the worst kind of pseuds.

Breaking Bad has interestingly immune rewatch value for how simple its plot was, and I'll like to rewatch it every now and then (had done so two times now), but there really isn't too much philosophical crap to talk about or something, and surely you didn't just mean that a proof of a show's quality is if people would retell the same plots over and over again to one another?

There are actual characters in Breaking Bad who would agree with that though. They're called Skinny Pete and Badger. Although Vince kinda played that for comedic effect, and wasn't really serious that that's how you should behave in real life. Don't do drugs, kids. They make you think that well-versedness in television shows is something to be proud of.

>like it's now become a fucking immortal staple of human culture

But that's exactly what good shows do, become staples of our culture. It's why people still remember Soprano's/The Wire scenes from 15+ years ago perfectly, and everyone from academia to presidential candidates make references to them.

Forgettable shows don't get remembered. BrBa was reasonably well acted but that's about it. The writing wasn't very original (or good), and there's so little that's actually so impactful it becomes a cultural memory.

I think season 5 ruined it for most

it just went on too long past what should have been it's natural ending

I liked Breaking Bad but absolutely hated the finale. The whole "badass" redemption mission with the modified car machine-gun thing felt cartoonish (though a lot of late season BB felt cartoonish, really).

Should've just ended with the 2nd last episode. Walt dying alone in the cabin with all his money and no one who cares about him anymore.

>But that's exactly what good shows do, become staples of our culture. It's why people still remember Soprano's/The Wire scenes from 15+ years ago perfectly, and everyone from academia to presidential candidates make references to them.
But actually that was exactly my point.
Nobody with half a brain actually takes Sopranos and The Wire as serious business, like it's a fucking staple of culture.

An academic might write a non-crucial paper about it to appear smug and unpretentious, a U.S. president may reference it once in a fucking blue moon to appeal to massive working-class plebians, but when Malia celebrates her birthday in the White House with Harvard friends and their parents from the 0.1%, you best believe they won't pop the champagne while discussing whether Tony fucking died or not. And don't even get me started on the academic and his friends.

Whereas Skinny Pete and Badger just might, "cause even the President digs it, yo".

Overhyped and oversold due to the disappointing as fuck season 5.

I know! No one discuseses A, B, or C anymore either! Pretty pathetic how people only care about that one movie or show when they're watching it!

>It's basically any B action movie from the 80's turned into a television series
What the fuck? Does your Generation Z shit for brains even know the meaning of the words you're using?

Redditors have a tendency to overhype and overrate stuff when they're balls deep in it.

Because it actually is a very mediocore show that didnt age well. Sure it had some cool drug scenes but looking back, it focused way too much on Skyler and family related stuff that no one cared about

No it wont. GoT will keep getting kinography threads, talks about its rich characters and comparing the show to the books nonstop

Besides: HBO would be stupid to not do any spin off shows based around GoT and even alternative events such as what if Bran never got crippled and then an entire 4 season on that.

Would watch!

why did that comment get so many (you)s, whats up with it?

it's called a thread

It was a good show but it also wasn't the sort of show you dwell on or rewatch ever.